You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Ghost In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In My Room

 

Five months ago I moved to this new townhome with my family. At first I was the only one experiencing weird things in this place so I remained quiet! At first I couldn't sleep at night and I would stay awake looking around in my room since I had this feeling of being scared, and now every time I am about to fall asleep my bed starts to shake!

Another night, someone whispered in my ear while I was falling asleep the name "Michael" and two nights ago someone touch my elbow when I was about to fall asleep. The worst was yesterday when my brother was watching tv around 3 am, and he heard someone turn the door knob and threw the door wide open! He saw the cat run next to him all frightened and the cat had her eyes wide open and was very frightened! He was too and thought it was someone breaking into our house, so he ran to the kitchen to grab some knives just in case and woke up my dad, both of them searched the house and there was no one in the house. Then he went to bed and when he was about to fall asleep someone tapped his arm twice.

I am beyond frightened and I don't know what to do. What can this be, and how can I get rid of it? Please help. I am very scared since I've had experiences like this before, I saw a ghost when I was 7 and I also had a very bad experience at the Hilton Hotel in Vegas, when I experienced sleep paralysis and I saw a black shadow in the room who was touching my heart and was speaking something weird in my ear that I couldn't understand, can this be the same thing? For some reason the entity in this apartment doesn't feel negative. Please help!

Also, I don't know if this helps but a psychic told me that I had psychic abilities, a third eye that hasn't been developed yet. I feel I don't want to open this spiritual door I just want to leave close and make this leave! Please help!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carot82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

carot82 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
meaghenstandlee: Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! I am catholic since birth and I am happy to tell everyone here that for someone reason I am not scared of this anymore! The bed shakes still but I have never felt this to be evil. I pray every night, I praise God, and sleep with a Rosary wrapped around my wrist. I feel better about this now than 2 weeks ago. I also sleep with a bible next to me and some images of God. I hope to move soon out of here!
meaghenstandlee (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I HATE the light touch feeling you feel insane and that your the only one you are not it just happened to me and it's always when I'm in bed too. It whispers my name and knocks on my door 3 times at 5am sometimes your not alone that's why they created this website to keep all of us connected to feel normal
dmcal (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Hi Carot82,

If you want help, please read my response to "I can't take much more of this" and apply it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
carot82,

As far as I know it doesn't matter... If given as a gift it may have the added 'bouns' of positive energy from someone who wishes you well but I've always bought mine direct from a metaphysical store or such... I would not run out the the local grocery store and buy some to use... Find a store that sells actual 'smudge sticks' and they should be able to explain just how to use them and they should work just fine.

Respectfully,

Rook
carot82 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
JCAbigbear I am sorry that you are going through this, I also agree with you, I respect the spiritual world and I DO NOT want to venture into it! I am afraid it may get out of hand, therefore I choose to ignore it and pray to God to keep me safe. Just fyi, Michael is a random name! My name is not Michael and no one in my family has this name. I hope things get better for you and your loved ones, thank you for your comment! 😁
carot82 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Thank you Rookdygin I appreciate the time you took to type this up! I will put this into practice, I've heard you are not suppose to buy the sage, is this true? I've heard someone needs to give it to you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
You can try something I use for my Home and Family... You can try smudging with sage or even just praying it all depends on your beliefes. There are others that will offer other methods as well.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Garret
JCAbigbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
I've heard whispers of my name at different times in my life when there is complete silence. I think that I might be sensitive or some type of psychic, because my great grandmother use to practice black magic. Ever since my great grandmother, there have been paranormal activities to everyone blood-related to her. From seeing ghosts to decease people talking to us, everybody in my family have had there share of experiences.

I personally like to stay away from anything that might open a door that I can't close later. I just accept the fact that things like that will happen in my life, but I won't put myself in a position for it to get worse. If things are getting out of hand, I suggest that you look for help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: