You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Ghost Tail

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost Tail

 

My story may not be scary, But to me it is...

Ever since I was little (As far as I can remember), there has been something following me. The first time I ever saw it I was 3. I was in bed and for some reason woke up. I looked at the end of my bed and saw a white cat tail going under my bed. (We didn't have any cats due to the fact they were not allowed in our apartment.) I was really freaked out by it and I screamed for my parents. They ran into my room to console me. They looked under my bed and of course found nothing.

My parents being parents just said I was dreaming. I know that I was not. Many times after that night I saw the white cat tail going under or behind things in the dark. I am too afraid to see if it just a tail or something more. Still my parents just said it was a dream. Even when I wasn't asleep and have seen it.

There are times that I won't see it for maybe a year at the most. I am now 26 and even now see it from time to time. I only ever see the while tail. It doesn't make any sound. It's just there. Always at night and I never know when I will see it, or if it's there during the day as well. It pretty much comes and goes as it pleases.

I don't know what it is? I don't know where it came from? I don't know where it goes? I don't know why it always comes back? I do know that no matter where I live I see it. I have moved 24 times since the first time I saw it. It is one of many things that I have seen that made me afraid of the dark. Even now I have to have some kind of light on to sleep at night.

A part of me wants to know what the white cat tail is. Another part of me doesn't.

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment or ask questions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FallenAngel13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Fallenangel13:

It all the time happens bad things to you after seeing it and you feel fear when you see it is not a good entity I can tell you...Don't doubt it...
If it where someting good it wouldn't give you that unpleasant sensation or negative emotion. I recomment you to get close to God.

It may look furry and real like if it were a real living cat, but it isn't, its evil...
FallenAngel13 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Thank you Nysa. I am looking into other cultural beliefs. Trying to get it all figured out.

FallenAngel13 ❤
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
It is a very interesting account. I think Darkness is on the right track. Really exploring what cats mean to you, your personal experiences with them, what they suggest symbolically & how they are viewed in other cultures, may be the key to figuring this out. Because the big question is why is something (an entity or your own subconscious) presenting itself to you in this way. Good luck!
FallenAngel13 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Dan,

Yes, You are correct. I happen to like cats. To me cats are a mystical creature. I think what I see may be more than just a cat tail though. Maybe something that wants me to only think it is a cat tail? I think the reason I am thinking this is because, I've never had any reason to fear cats.
Thank you so much for your comment!
FallenAngel13 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
So when you see this tail you immediately feel fear, am I correct? What do cats mean to you may I ask? A lot of the time it is wise to go with gut instinct, although this does not seem negative by any means I would still be wary of this and try to document all accounts with it. This could be something they may just watch over you perhaps. Some more detective work on this will benefit you greatly. Keep us posted.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
FallenAngel13 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Nysa, Thank you for your comment...
I do not fear the unknown... I have seen other things in my time. Though when I see the tail for some reason I am fearful. I'm not sure if it wants to hurt me, I just know that I am scared of it. I'm unsure of how to describe it. There are few things that do scare me. Why this does I am not sure, Just that it does.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
You start by saying this is scary for you. Can you describe why that is? A cat's tail, while very strange, is not overtly threatening. Do you feel your fear stems from the unknown, all the questions you articulate? Or when it is present do you feel specifically threatened, like whatever that tail represents wants to hurt you?

Interestingly, cats can represent psychicism & especially astral travel. It was believed in the past that people could leave their bodies & roam around undetected by taking on the form of a cat.
FallenAngel13 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
I've never really noticed... There seems to be bad things that happen to me a lot... Thinking back there are a few times I can remember seeing the tail and then some time later something bad did occur... Like I said though... Bad things seem to follow me as well... 😢
chingvang559 (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
In my culture, Tigers and Cats are an omen of bad luck and death. Does bad things happen after seeing the tail?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: