You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Hidden Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Hidden Door

 

My name is Ben and I'm 22 years old. I live in Upstate N.Y. The story I'm about to tell one of the most mysterious things I've ever witnessed. When I was about 11 years old my mom, my mom's boyfriend Jay and I were heading to a friends house to help them move into their new home. When we got there it seemed like a beautiful home for them and they're 3 year old son.

While we helped them bring stuff inside from the moving truck the 3 year old (Mason) was playing in his playpen. A good hour went by and we ended up taking a break and talking when I realized Mason was staring at a wall saying baby. I just ignored it thinking he was just being himself and got prepared to bring more things into the house. For some reason I couldn't get Mason point saying baby out of my head. I ended up asking my moms friend about it and she said he's just saying random words and that he always does it. So when I came back in Mason was still pointing at that wall saying baby it just got stranger and stranger but I kept ignoring it.

We all sat down and ate dinner with Mason with us I noticed that Mason kept turning around and staring at that wall so I brought it to my mom's friends husbands attention and he became fascinated with it as well.

We starting carrying the rest of their things in the house and Mason was still pointing at the wall saying baby so my moms friends husband (don't remember his name) finally yelled out "we are taking this wall down right now". So Jay and him started breaking the wall down with a sledge hammer and then we found a really old looking door on the other side of the wall and they started kicking the door in and what they found on the other side of that door was real human skeletons of a woman holding a baby.

To this day I couldn't explain how Mason knew there was a baby behind that wall and it still bothers me almost 12 years later. I have more stories I will be posting on other days just stay tuned!

Other hauntings by BenH518

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BenH518, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
All you have to do is call the police station in that area and ask them about the incident at such and such street and the year that the skeletons were found. No one would forget a story like that. Someone there at the station would have to know. Eleven years isn't too awfully long ago. Try that. Also you might try the local news station for television news. This is the information age and with a story like that you will be able to find something out. Good luck...don't give up yet. Try the local funeral homes also, they probably would know the case. Someone got them ready for burial or cremation.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
did you do some research about the woman and holding because this is a paranormal investigation. I need the research about the history about the house, how they died and, who was the suspect?

THIS IS A REAL PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION! 😁 😠 😜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Ben: Thank you for answering our questions to the best of your ability 😊...I was asking for more info because I like to research these things and try to understand them more...It's my morbid side (which more than some us on here have! LOL)...Again, thank you for posting 😊
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Ben, Zeta is correct: We want to know more. This is fascinating!

It seems - and I've only been here for a short time - that stories without enough hard, solid facts and those that are well written are suspect for some reason. I can understand the first, but not the second.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Did no one think to ask the 3 year old what he was seeing or why he was saying baby? I have been reading these comments and everyone is referring to a 3 year old as a "baby". Now I know 3 isn't old but most 3 year olds can speak in sentences. My son just turned 3 so I have the luxury of "hanging" with this age group and can tell you if my son or his little play friends saw something id get a full blown tale about what they were seeing.

My son also would not like being called a baby... Lol Every time I tell him he'll forever be my little baby he corrects Mommy and says "I'm not a baby. I'm a Kid." It's cute.
😁
ChristineNicole (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
If you know their first and last name, you could always try looking for them on Facebook. Everyone has Facebook nowadays and I've gotten in touch with friends I haven't seen or heard from in ten years on there, so it's worth a try 😊
FallenAngel13 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Ben,
Thanks for posting your story. Have you maybe tried doing a general search for the people? I know that people can have the same name, but if you start with a last known area you could find them... Anything is possible! I wish you luck and hope that maybe this helps. Keep us posted. Thanks and blessed be...
FallenAngel13 ❤
BenH518 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Zetafornow- no I don't keep in touch with mason. Soon after this happed we lost contact with them and I never saw them again.

Ghosthunter9876- I agree with you. I think children are more sensitive to the paramornal more then we think and they see a lot more then what they say.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
All what happened was because just as adults can communicate well with adults and children with children, the spirit of the baby to must have been visible to the child. What I believe is very young children can actually see spirits.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Hey Ben:

I don't think that we are all skeptics here but I think most people on this site want to know more about the story. If this really happened to you, which I do believe you, then you should be happy that people are interested in your experience.

My question for you... Do you still keep in touch with Mason, the little boy who pointed at the wall? Does he still have an insight into these things?

Thanks, zeta.
BenH518 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Haha I feel like I'm being attacked for my story. But ok ill try to answer all your questions the best I can.

Rook- yes we were there when the poilce showed up. But it had to be about 5 minutes later that we left. I wasn't asked any qeustions. The only tthing I remember then asking is how they found the bodies. I was left alone and yes it was pretty exciting but I didn't see enough of what they did to get to excited. They let my mom take me home cause it was fairly late. They only asked my mom one question and that was it.

Vanessanda- I know you ment no disrespect and so did i. And a few years ago my mom became really sick with breast cancer and then after that a sleep disorder where she just falls asleep randomly. Then she started loosing memory and when I asked about it she only remembered certain details. I asked if she knew if they lived in the same place or if she still had a number but she doesn't remember where they lived and I found the number in an old phone number book but it was disconnected. Haha and I don't know if they were really murdered at all I was just using that as an example of what my mom wouldn't say to an 11 year old boy.

Johntravis28- haha not a supporting wall. You know when you knock on a wall you can feel the difference between a support beam from nothing being on the otherside. They were knocking on the wall and heard just hollow everywhere they knocked on the wall.

Argette- trust me I've tried doing reseaarch on the internet as well and found nothing. That was the first place I looked.

And I must say I'm looking for answers such as who were the people we found? And how old they really were? If they were murdered? Sometimes people do stupid things when drinking and thing was one of the but him drinking also led him to something amazing. I don't know why and I don't know how but I'm going to find the answers at some point and when I do I'm will put everything on here.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Something like that would definitely make a newspaper account.

Do you have a hyperlink to one?
Argette (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
It is human nature to be curious after a find like that. It's strange to me that there was no follow up on the part of those who witnessed this.

I did some Internet searches - just out of curiosity - and found nothing. That doesn't mean anything, but I would think that an incident like this would become legend and would find its way to the Internet.

Also, "We are taking this wall down right now!" seems like an overreaction to me. A baby is pointing at a wall so you take it down?
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Agreed. I am not saying that this story is true or not but usually when people start getting defensive it suggests that they have been asked questions they cannot answer because they have been found out. It does strike me as odd. They must have been drinking absynthe if the reaction was to hammer a wall down without checking for electricals or otherwise. I hope it wasn't a supporting wall:-)
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
johntravis28

Maybe, but I don't understand why. Rather than be defensive or flippant, it would help if he could give more info and then it would help others to offer him some advice. My questions are based on logic and flow rather than expertise. There are those here who could offer help given some answers to some questions.
johntravis28 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
I think he was being flippant when he said that. Not meant to be taken seriously. He wasn't saying that they had been murdered
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
BenH518

Sorry, this is not intended to make you more defensive but to help you with your research. You said this: "Turns out they were brutally murdered and left there to rot".

Where and when did you get this information from? Apart from that, did they give you anymore details? Perhaps you could get more info from the same source?
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
BenH518

I meant no offence just curious and since you are looking for answers, it may help you to think about answers to those questions. Ok, so you are no longer 11, you are now 22. So why does your mum insist on telling you that she doesn't know what happened after that? Aren't you curious yourself as to why she didn't follow up on what happened?

You say you want to find out what happened but aren't sure how to go about it. I suggest that the best place to start is with the witnesses themselves for all the information they can offer you, say your mum and maybe asking her to track down her friends? Just a suggestion. No disrespect intended.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Ben,

So you were 11, so you peeked and 'saw what you saw'. That's all well and good. But could you at least answer the question about the police being contacted?

I know that when I was 11 if the police had been called to a house I was visiting it would have been exciting enough for me to rememeber them showing up and a lot of what they did... Up to and including asking questions about the whole experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
BenH518 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Wow you people are hard to convince. Vanessanda- yes we went home and I have no idea what happened after do to the fact that I was 11 years old and all I cared about was skateboarding and music. My mom might have been asked questions but she's not the tpye of person to come home to her 11 year old son and say "hey remember the skeletons we found in my friends house? Turns out they were brutally murdered and left there to rot". She has a soul. And no I don't think that guy was a medium or anything. Him and my moms boyfriend had a little to many to drinnk and decided to rip the wall down. I remember after they did they came out and told me not to go in there at all and being a nieve little kid took a little peek inside and saw the skeletons. I know what I saw so don't ask me all these stupid questions cause there's not much I could have done to help seeing as though I was just a child.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
BenH518

I find breaking down a wall an extreme thing to do simply because a baby points at it and says "baby". Was the husband a medium or psychic or had other things happened leading up to that event which would explain his spontaneous decision to do that?

And, I'm surprised the police allowed you and your mum to leave as soon as they arrived without interviewing you. Wasn't your mum even curious to follow up on the events of that day with her friends? If I had witnessed such a thing at my friends', I would be constantly on the phone with them discussing it or to find out what happened with the police and the investigations which would have followed.
jessy_tor3 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
I knew you were from around here as soon as I seen 518 in your name. It's cool running into locals.
BenH518 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Jessy_tor3- awesome. I live in amsterdam, ny. I worked in schenectady for like a year until about a month ago delivering car parts. Nice to see locals on this site.
jessy_tor3 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
That's strange, I currently live in schenectady ny:) very interesting story Ben
BenH518 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Sg303- it wasn't that creep more interesting cause who knows how long they were there for or how many owners there were before the skeletons were acually found. There's a lot of old house around NY so they could have been hundreds of years old cause the door looked really old

Zzsgranny- I'm not to sure about what happened after we found them. The police did come but as soon as they came me, my mom, and her boyfriend left. It was in Schenectady, N.Y. Around 11 or 12 years ago and soon after that I never saw those people again and it was the first time I met them. They were friends of my moms. I would love to look into it more and find out what happened but I'm not sure how to go by doing that. City hall maybe? Or the library? Ived asked my mother but she doesn't really know what happed after either.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Ben: Well... First of all, did anyone contact the police and if so, what was the outcome of their investigation?...Also, there should be some kind of news article somewhere, so what was the woman's name and the story behind her demise?...I just find this account lacking in follow up information... It would help to verify your story if you could provide something concrete for us to research...

Interesting story, though... Thank you for posting
sg304 (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
ewwwwwwwwww, I don't know if I could actually live there, quite creepy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: