You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Toddlers See Things

Real Ghost Stories

Toddlers See Things

 

This is my personal story. I have a 23 month old toddler and sometimes she freaks out. When I use to sleep at my bf's place, I hate having the windows open due to my previous experience and also because my child would wake up in the middle of the night and start screaming her head off as if something came and spooked her. I'm a light sleeper, being a mom I trained myself to wake up at every single slight sound because if you're a parent you don't want to be a heavy sleeper while your child cries for milk. Anywho, one night I awoke to the sound of my daughter's voice, she had softly said my name, calling me softly "Mommy?" then suddenly within seconds she screamed at the top of her lungs and I jumped out of bed to turned on the lights. It was 1 a.m. And she was freaking out, she kept jumping up and down in her play pen and she kept pointing to the ceiling and walls all the while crying the word "GO!".

I couldn't calm her down, I got this feeling like something else was there so I made my boyfriend close the window. My daughter wanted me to open the door so I did and she told me to go out and I did. After that, I took her back into the room and she calmed down and fell back asleep. This happened twice and only when the window is open. Somehow, the apartments where my boyfriend lives at always gives me the creeps, I always feel like something is watching us and the cats there are real creepy too. They tend to follow my daughter or try to creep up on her when walking.

Another time, my grandmother was going to put my daughter to sleep since it was her nap time. My grandma put her in play pen to lay down and my daughter suddenly got scared and started crying while pointing at the window and saying "mao" as in monster. My grandma took her into the living room and she calmed down. Another time, my daughter was watching Barney in the living room, enjoying herself when she started crying. My grandma was washing dishes and when she heard my kid cry, she ran up to her and ask what's wrong. My daughter pointed to the hallway and wouldn't stop crying. Sometimes it's freaky but being the adult we try to not panic and just remove her from the area that frightens her.

Other hauntings by bossymum

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bossymum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
When my daughter was between the ages of 3 and 6, she had horrific "night terrors" just like you describe. Some children go through this stage and I agree with Missy, talk to you pediatrician before suspecting the supernatural.
ZawwHy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
your story is fascinating. My friend has a similar experience too. Hope all goes well.
Macer_man (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
agree with MissyM I as a child had bad nightmares and night terrors and even saw things in the day after a nap because the dream would continue in my half awake and half asleep state. I went to a doctor who helped me cope with my fears though and my fears appeared in the room and I wasn't asleep and confronted it. Stopped having nightmares after that,
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Is your daughter still on beast milk or formula? Babies smell like milk and sometimes cats are attracted to that. That's one of the reasons why they tell you not to allow your cat in the baby's room.

Randomly waking in the night screaming could be caused by bad dreams. My son still does this every once and a while (he's 3) and is inconsolable because of night mares. They are too young to know that dreams are dreams and not real.

Always try to look into the reasonable before thinking paranormal. Kids are told to be more sensitive to supernatural things. My son see's and says things that he could not possible know (like about my grandmother who has passed). I'm sure he saw at your daughter's age but was too young to tell Mommy. Maybe your daughter see's things too.
I have some helpful comments on my story. I think you should read them.

Hope this helped.

Missy
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Maybe there is something unknown in that residential area. Whatever it is do not leave the child alone at night. And consult some paranormal researchers to find out the truth. See the part of the world that I come from we believe that there are things way beyond the reasoning of science and human beings. Best of luck and may God be with you and your child.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Definitely sounds like something is goin on here. Here's some tips that may help you out:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: