You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted By A Ghost Or My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted By A Ghost Or My Imagination?

 

I think the first time anything happened was two years ago. Now, nothing new happened. Nothing changed. We didn't move, no one died, and no one sinned. Could someone have activated some resting ghost? Or is that the stuff of movies? Anyway, I've always had a strange disposition towards scary, so that might explain some of it. But there were others present at other times.

I was watching TV with my little brother when we heard it. It came from the bathroom, and we instantly recognized the noise. There are these soap dispensers you can buy that play a dorky little song after you push down on the nozzle. It was intended to teach my brother the proper length of time to wash his hands- two years earlier than that particular date. The batteries were long dead; they hadn't worked in a year. But there it was, crystal clear. "This is the way we wash our hands, wash our hands, wash our hands!" (And people wonder why I hated that thing) I leapt up first, followed shortly by my brother. I barrelled into the door, and the second my hand hit the doorknob, the song stopped. Just like that. It didn't fizzle out like it ran out of batteries. It didn't slowly let out like the song was over. It just stopped short, midway through the word "wash". I glanced at my brother, he glanced back, and we just blew it off. But as soon as we sat back down, it started again and right from where it left off. Again, I flew towards the door and as soon as I started to open it, the song stopped. This happened three or four more times before it stopped. The scariest thing happened later that night. I was taking a shower in that same bathroom when I heard the song play. I shouted my brother's name and received no reply. I decided not to go investigate, because I figured the same thing would happen all over again, and every time I'd move the curtain it would stop. When I stepped out, my gaze immediately fell on the mirror. It was all fogged off, except for the words "Stop it!" in big, bold block letters. I freaked out, but never told anyone.

Since then, all sorts of weird stuff has happened. Doors have slammed shut and swung open. Lights have gone out suddenly, then come right back on. And stuff has gone flying off of shelves. And as for the soap dispenser? It is rotting away somewhere in a landfill.

Although the scariest thing that happened was a while after it all began. I had a bizarre nightmare that I couldn't exactly remember. But I do remember all the lights going out in my dream. I woke up, shaking, and reached for the light switch. But the lights wouldn't go on. I tried it again, and again, and again. Nothing. I started to panic, and I ran from my room and downstairs, where I tried some other lights. They worked, and the initial fear started to wear off. But the next day, when my father tried to replace the light bulb, it didn't work. He tried a few bulbs, but nothing happened. Until that night. I had another nightmare, this one about a blinding light. When I woke up, all the lights in my room were on. My desk lamp, the little light I got because the lights were off, and even the ceiling light. It was so weird. I turned off all the lights, but when I woke up in the morning they were all on again.

So you tell me, am I haunted or was it just my imagination?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, happyferret12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadowyrhys (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
This kind of activity is properly a poltergeist like rook said and this kind of activity starts when you're going through puberty and it just activates so just be careful and try not to fear it if so you given it more reasons to haunt you.

Try get a priest to bless your house but this may not work.

Here is some information that may help you, if not just search around on google:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist

I hope this helps

ShadowyRhys 😆 😆 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
I'll go out on a limb and guess your 14 years old and this would mean you were 12 (ish) when the first things happened?

And now you are experinceing (in your own words) "all sorts of weird stuff has happened. Doors have slammed shut and swung open. Lights have gone out suddenly, then come right back on. And stuff has gone flying off of shelves."

Sounds a lot like a Poltergiest at work... Either an active spirit or something triggered by the release of 'psycokenetic energy' during Puberty. Just a couple of ideas to consider.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Hard to say for sure. It'd have been nice to have the soap dispenser to inspect to see how it could've malfunctioned.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: