You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Norm Nutman

Real Ghost Stories

Norm Nutman

 

I would like to start by saying that I really do believe in ghosts. They interest me, but at the same time scare me. Call me a coward if you wish, but ghosts are really my only and biggest fear or phobia.

This happened to me about a month ago and has really stuck with me. In my room I had this 10 year old electronic game. His name was Norm Nutman and it was a sports trivia game. My parents got it for me for Christmas when I was younger. It had been sitting in my room, untouched, for years. It is battery operated, and was pretty much being used as decoration for my room, which is filled with tons of sports items.

I just graduated college last May and I am still adjusting to a 40 hour work week. Many mornings I find myself struggling to get up, but I am getting better. I make sure I get to my new job every morning on time. With all that being said I can get on to the story.

One morning I woke up to my alarm, just like any other normal day. Like usual, I was really tired. Therefore, I wanted to lay in bed for a few more minutes. I felt myself falling back asleep. My eyes became heavier and heavier. Then all the sudden I hear loud music next to my bed. I jumped up out of bed, with chills and scared out of my mind!

With my eyes barely open, I tried locating the source of the sound and found that it was coming from Norm! I grabbed him, instantly took him downstairs. I took the batteries out of him and threw him away.

Once I arrived at work, I couldn't help but think about what happened. It may sound silly, but I feel like someone was watching out for me. I think I would have fallen back asleep and I would have been late or even missed work. Being a new hire, that wouldn't have been good.

It may have been the game malfunctioning, but it is just weird that it went off when it did. I'm excited to hear your thoughts, because everyone I have told the story to so far has made fun of me about it!

Other hauntings by Kuhlmad

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kuhlmad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
Very interesting ParrotPig104, I still think about this incident often and wonder what really happened! I bite my nails as well! Sounds like someone either didn't like you biting your nails or tried saving you before you bit too far and hurt yourself! 😊 thanks for reading!
ParrotPig104 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
It sounds very possible that Norm Nutman woke you up in time! Something simular happened to me - I have a habbit of biting my nails (yes, I'm an adult and I still do it) and while I was biting my nail the TV remote fell off the table, it distracted me and only later on did I realise that I had bitten my nail so much, it was sore and bleeding.
Regards,
ParrotPig104
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Thanks for the read geetha50, I guess I've always wanted that big moment and first encounter with the paranormal. So I probably was quick to judge this one and label it as such. Heck, I have probably had a few encounters and just haven't really realized it.

Side note: The community on this site is awesome. Seems like a lot of the community is pretty close and accepting to newer members. Not to mention you guys have me laughing every time I visit the site.

Thanks again everyone for reading and giving me opinions on the event! 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Moongrim,
LOL! Buddy, stop bragging. I know your body is adjusted to an 80 hour work week but we are only normal human beings!

Javelina,
I learnt something new today! Thanks for that! Got a question for you, is your head full of library books.

Kuhlmad,
I agree with others about it being probably just random. But just keep an eye out for other things happening around you.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
moravian, now you see why I had a huge heart attack when he went off... There isn't an off button either, you just have to wait for him to shut himself off! Good find! 😊
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
YouTube has a funny video on norm nutman - type that in with the word "annoying"
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
zetafornow, thanks for reading! Definitely could be a guardian angel, that thought is very comforting! I had to throw norm out though, I don't think I could handle another heart attack from him! Haha
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Hi Kuhlmad:

I think you probably have a guardian angel watching over you... Most people do. But I am sorry to hear that you threw "Norm" out. 😜

Zeta.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Thanks for reading Jav! I appreciate your response and I definitely agree it could have been one of those little bursts of energy. I definitely thought that myself, but it is the timing of when it did go off. Literally, a minute or two after my alarm had gone off.

Thanks for the comment! 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Kuhlmad,
One little thing about dead batteries. Don't store them in an item that won't be used for long periods of time. Besides the corrosion it causes, they do have one little quirk. After sitting for a very long time, corrosion or no, they have a tendency to "burp" out little bursts of energy that will cause the host toy or appliance to deliver a death gasp, so to speak. There are also other batteries, small ones similar to watch batteries, that are embedded into the mechanism. These aren't expected to have to be changed, they scmetimes provide a back up source for clocks in the event of a power outage. Toys have them as well. They will also burp.
I'm not saying this is what occurred in your situation. But it is worth mentioning.
Thank you for sharing,

Jav 😊
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Yeah, I already know I couldn't do that 80 hour week Moongrim! It is definitely good to know that I am not the only one that thinks this, I appreciate you reading my story. I definitely won't rely on it, but it does give me a sense of comfort knowing someone or something is there. Thanks again Moongrim.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-13)
Can't blame ya-ya for bragging. But it does seem you've got someone or something watching out for ya. But it's best to not rely on it.
Well, here's a pointer for 40 hour work week adjustment: If you do some time in the military, 80+ hours a week work for a few years; 40 hours won't seem quite so bad.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: