You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: They Know More Than We Give Them Credit For

Real Ghost Stories

They Know More Than We Give Them Credit For

 

This story takes place in Andersonville, Ga. If you know anything about Andersonville... People say it's haunted. I live about an hour away from the P.O.W (Prisoners of War) camp. My aunt Sylvia, My uncle Mike, their friends Bob and Karen, and I love to ghost hunt. I stopped ghost hunting for this very reason. We snuck into the camp one night just to see what we could find. I was 16 years old.

We started off as a group. We asked whatever was there questions about how they died, what was their names, or why were they still here. We received nothing. Or so we thought.

We decided to go off in couples. I was by myself. So I proceeded to the trees where they dug holes beneath the trees and leave the soldiers there to starve and suffer. I was slightly afraid because I had no one to look towards if something went wrong.

I saw a young man. Blond hair, blue eyes and young maybe, 20 years old. He was peaking around the tree. I was like wait who are you? I was still peeking around the tree but still no sound.

Meanwhile my aunt and uncle were off doing whatever. Bob and Karen went racing towards them and said " where's samantha?" My aunt said we let her go off by herself. They said you have to hear this. They played back the EVP and they heard a man saying in a very calm voice," Where's Samantha at? I's hate for her to get hurt or go missing" and then it was silence.

They immediately started to look for me. The guy stopped chasing me around and came to a complete halt. I said " Hey my name is Samantha what's yours?" It took a deep breath and said "I know." I got scared and slipped into the hole beneath the tree. I screamed and yelled. I tried to get out but nothing helped. My aunt, uncle and their friends, finally found me. I was crying. They pulled me up and said let's go.

When we got home. They listened to the tapes we all made. Apparently, whatever was out there knew us and was communicating with us. One question my aunt asked we heard three different voices. The question was "Do you want us to leave?" we heard two males voice say "no" but in a whisper. The other one was more forceful and said get out.

Most people think what I tell you isn't true. But doubt all you want. You will never understand until it happens to you.

I have lots of other creepy stuff happen. Please stay tuned.

Other hauntings by SamIAm1991

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SamIAm1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Do you think the blond hair, blue eyed guy wanted to do you harm or was he watching over you? Do you think another voice warned your family to go and look for you, or was it he's? Very nice story.
SamIAm1991 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Thank you everyone for your support. Lady, it is possible bc it's just like using an ouji (can't spell if my life depended on it) board. You're making contact with the spirit and letting it communicate with you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
hi there sam firstly I don't doubt your post at all.
Really enjoyed reading this and it does not sound like something made up, your not trying to scare the reader or making out that it was "evil" it was just you, your family and some fantastic/ scary for you experiences.
Looking forward to some more 😊
Carl
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
ladygreywolf, I agree Nysa, I think it could happen. There are various instances where spirits and other beings attach themselves to people and objects, sometimes for no obvious or apparent reason. An EVP invite would be putting yourself in contact and communication with a spirit, and who knows what could happen after. The logic is there, but no one can be sure of this kind of thing.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Well Ladygreywolf there is no answer for your question, in my opinion. We assume ghosts, or at least most of the entities we call ghosts, are non-living humans. Like living humans they will do as they wish. If you attract the attention of a person they might decide to stick with you for various reasons. And in the case of non-physical entities this is much easier because they don't seem to have to worry about things like walls or having the police called on them. On the otherhand we assume that non-living humans have the same personality they had when living & many people are respectful. Also we assume that the dead are where you find them when you record that EVP for a reason & not many are going to abandon that to go to your house. Entities that were never people, assuming they exist, are a different story. It's much harder to know the motives of beings that nobody understands. But I would think that like all life on Earth they probably usually have better things to do than hang out with one of us. So basically I think the answer to your question is maybe,& that possibility is something you ought to take into consideration before acting.
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
By the way I am interested in doing an EVP, my last post was a Question, Could doing an EVP invite an entity to attach it self to you? Does anyone know I am not familar with the ramifications I have done research on how to do one.
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
I wonder, I was thinking of doing EVP this past Halloween, but I got told no by my fiance (domestic partner, whatever) his reasoning being that I have enough trouble and with my luck I would end up with one following me and even perhaps coming hom with me, then he would be up dealing with the "bumping" in the night since I generally will look up realize what it is and go back to sleep. But could doing an EVP invite an entity to attach it self to you?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Hello Sam
Very creepy stuff you got here. I feel the same way myself. I don't mind that others Ghost hunt so much. I just can't bring myself to do it. My biggest fear is getting answers on an EVP. Like I said, it's fine for others, just not for me. Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Hi Sam,

I enjoyed very much reading your experience. It certainly did sound exciting. I have just one question though. What made you so suddenly scared? You didn't seem to get scared when you saw the guy. Only when he spoke. So was it the fact that he said he knew your name? Or did he sound sinister or dangerous when he answered?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Don't know why Kuhlmad was voted down but what he said was true. There are stories here that you can really tell that they are fake. I believe your story because like Kuhlmad said you and your family went to a place where it is enriched in history.

I'm a big wuss myself, so I wouldn't go back there but if you ever get the courage to do so, I think it would be great to see what happens the next time you go there. But do me a favour, don't go by yourself.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Awesome story. First, I just want to say that I don't think your story far fetched. I mean, if you read some stories on this site, you can tell some of them are a little out there and are probably fake. Not this one though, you went to a place with a history to match the haunting. Many people died there and suffered greatly. I definitely wouldn't go back there, the spirits didn't sound like they wanted you there. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: