You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Unknown Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown Ghost

 

My name is Samantha, I am 13 years old and I definitely believe in ghosts. I have experienced some crazy encounters with them. I live in Akron, Ohio; which is in the United States. My house was built in the late 50's. I think that my room is haunted.

I have heard the usual footsteps and heard the doors opening and closing. The haunting started off like that. It was last summer, around 2 a.m., I was on my computer because I couldn't fall asleep, I heard two little kids giggling, and I heard a man whistling, in our hallway. I froze, I tried not to be scared because I know ghosts feed off fear, but it was so hard not to be scared. The kids were running around, giggling, and opening and slamming doors. I was just sitting there on my bed, and my door was slowly opening, and there was absolutely nothing there. I will admit I got a little scared. Nothing major happened after that.

This year more and more things started to happen. Certain objects that I was attached to disappeared and reappeared. For example: I had a diamond cross necklace that I loved, I wore it every day. It just disappeared, and I haven't seen it since. Our spare car key just disappeared, and we have not been able to find it. I am not sure where the stuff goes.

A couple months ago I have had this horrible stench in my room. It smells like BO and almost like rotten eggs or flesh. I am not sure where the stench is coming from. I have heard someone call my name, heard growls as I walk in my room, and sometimes my room will feel like it dropped 50 degrees. Sometimes my room will feel like an oven, it will be so hot you can't even breathe.

For the past three to four weeks my printer that I have in my room will suddenly go off. This usually happens around 3 o'clock in the morning. I would get up and unplug it, and it would stop. It doesn't have a timer on it, so I am not sure why it just goes off. The past couple weeks, my printer will go off, and print blank pages, I will unplug it, and it will still print. I have no explanation for that. When my printer goes off, my dog will start to throw up everywhere. When my printer finally stops, my dog will stop throwing up, and he will go back to bed, like nothing ever happened.

I definitely think there is something in my room, but I don't know what it is. If anyone knows can you please help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillriff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
The only thing I can offer any comment on is the printer thing - I had a printer that used to make noises in the middle of the night, as I discovered the first time I slept in the same room as it! I can't remember the reason, but it must've been something simple as I don't remember being freaked out by it (well, except at the moment it shook me awake lol). X
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
Lynrinth, the town you describe is Athens. I went to Ohio University for my undergraduate degree, but I drove in for classes rather than lived there. I can't speak to how haunted it is as I never had any paranormal experiences there myself, but it does have an interesting history. And I know many people who claim to have seen things down there.
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
Its a bit difficult to say what exactly the ghosts wish from you and being a teenager myself I would advice you to take help from an adult who is well experienced in all these matters and can suggest wise remedies...
wazaawombat (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
dont watch tv and try to use that as a solution to your problems my son complained of a ghost outside his room since we live in the country I loaded my shotgun with rocksalt and blasted the area my son saied he seen the ghost with rocksalt if there was a ghost there he would be crapping margaritas by now and the only thing I did was make it angry now that side of my home shakes all the time I wish I could get some help
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Nysa, does Athens have 5 cemeteries that are in the shape of a star with the town in the center? Is the University of Ohio there? Because this town has an abandon metal hospital, a old torn down Civil War prision, and several haunted houses. I could have sworn it was Ackron...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
The stench that you mentioned, and tried to explain, is there any chance it might have been a sulfur smell?

I just ask cause you mentioned growls, and a stench, and if the stench is like a sulfur smell there is a chance you could have a demon there.

Peace
JustCurious
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
I could have put it better in words than rookdygin. I also have to ask; have you talked to your parents about what is happening? Think about what rookdygin has said and try to find logical explanations. But at the end of the day, if you still think that it has something to do with the paranormal, then I suggest a few things.

(1) As a teenager going though changes, ghosts tend to attache themselves to you. Create positive energy by having friends over or doing things with your family. Even mediating helps. When mediating, imagine a white light surrounding you and then push it to every corner of your room and then the entire house. White lights represent peace and positive energy and any negative energy would be able to enter it.

(2) With the permission of your parents, burn sage and / or intense. Also, you can put salt across any entry ways like doors and windows.

(3) Do a blessing or a cleansing according to your faith. If you want to do it by yourself, then you can do one provide by rookdygin.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
lillriff,

Welcome to the site. Based on what you have told us I'll go out on a limb and say I believe a few different things seem to be going on here...

First, you mention things disappering and reappering and yet the two items (the necklace and keys) have never reappeared... Maybe they have just been lost?

Second, you mention 'hot/cold flashes' in your room... At your age these may be part of Puberty and a completely natural part of growing up.

Third, you mention a bad smell in your room...I'm not sure how old your home is... If it has a crawl space or a basement but did anyone check to see if there may have been a dead animal around?

Forth, you mentioned your printer running without being told to print and in one instance running after being unpluged... This needs futher investigation before firmly placing it on the shoulders of something paranormal however it may relate to my last point...

Finally, you mentioned hearing voices, doors opening and closeing and hearing footsteps... This started last summer and you are 13 years old... If all natural causes can be ruled out then there is a chance this may be a Poltergiest at work... And this could be a couple of things... An actual spirit attracted by the energy your body is generating and releaseing as it Matures or that energy I just mentioned affecting the physical enviroment around you as it is released from your body and mind.

Just some things to think about. Thank you for shareing your experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I think you might be thinking of Athens Ohio, Lynrinth. I might be wrong but I don't think Akron has a particular reputation for being haunted.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Ackron is considered one of the most haunted cities in the US.
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Did you do anything to evoke something?
This does not sound like some simple ghost it sounds invited and not quite ghostly? I'm not sure if a chain is being pulled but either this is just for giggles or there is something being left out.
🤔
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Is there anyway that you'd be able to do some research on your home or the land it's built on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: