You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A Nuisance Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

A Nuisance Spirit

 

This event happened six months ago on a Saturday night.

My sister and I were home alone as our parents had gone to watch a show at the Crown Casino which is about an hour and a half away. I was playing on the PlayStation while my sister was talking to one of her friends on Skype when the power went off due to an electrical storm. We quickly found some candles and a rechargeable Led lamp and arranged them in the living room to give us some light, my sister Kate had been to a garage sale that day and purchased a Ouija board, much to my mothers dislike. She was keen to try it out so we set it up on the coffee table. The Board was quite old, timber construction that had beautifully gold set lettering and numbering which really reflected well in the candle light.

Kate started off the proceedings with " Are there any spirits out there willing to talk to us" I laughed because we had no idea what to start off our Ouija board session with, she scowled at me and then repeated herself. The pointer didn't move for about three minutes and then all of a sudden it moved to NO on the board, then to YES and back to NO. Kate repeated herself and the pointer moved to YES, then it did a circle on the board and then went back to YES, finally we were getting somewhere!

The power and speed that the pointer moved was quite astonishing, I thought that we must have contacted a strong spiritual presence. I asked a couple of questions the first being "Are you good?" the answer was NO, "Are you evil?" the answer was NO. I thought spirits would be a bit more decisive than that so I asked "What are you?" The pointer moved to spell out "a nuisance". Kate asked "why are you a nuisance" the reply was "because I can be".

At that stage lightning lit the room and the hills for miles below our house, a few seconds later large rolling thunder sounded scaring the hell out of us. Kate pressed on with "How did you die?" the reply was "I have never lived", Kate asked "Are you human" the reply was NO. I asked "what type of being are you?" the reply "An Elemental being". At that stage I had no idea what an Elemental was, I asked my sister but she just shook her head.

Our three dogs were inside with us, and they were virtually on top of us due to being afraid of the thunder. Oliver the chocolate Labrador sat beside me and the two Jacks Russells Sherry and Cassie were sitting beside Kate. Then Kate asked "what is your name? "There was no answer until the pointer slowly moved to each letter on the board; the answer was "B-l-u-e F-o-x-x". As the answer came through to us the vases on the mantelpiece emanated a horrible kazoo type sound and a luminescent blue figure appeared in the corner of the room. We froze in terror but the dogs immediately started barking at the creature and it disappeared in a couple of seconds. I will never forget the fear I felt when I looked into the creatures big bug eyes, and seeing its protruding fangs.

The power returned a few minutes later, we turned every light on in the house. That was the first and last time we ever used the board. Several days later Kate packed it up and hid it in the shed " for the next time we have a garage sale "I have no idea why the creature appeared to us, but I am glad we have never seen it again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silentBob, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Matchu (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-15)
Good story that definitly was creepy having a blue spirit appear this is an older post but after knowing what you know now would you not have used it being able to see something like an elemental isn't something that happens a lot id think that would be a once in a life time experience
strider009 (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
huh elemental?... That concept and the story's of these beings are some of my favorites you might have fun researching them
blue-flamed-phoenix (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
do you all ever think yo close your sessions yesh come on there's a big good bye on the board for goodness sake, that's why people are haunted by these things cause you all forget to say good bye. Now you have to just burn the board now to rid you of the thing.
Taz46 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Elementala are thought by some to be living beings of the elements (Earth fire water air), and by that note I would guess the elemental caused the Storm going on.
Just my thought though.
kirsty91 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-29)
hey it sounds like you contacted a Marid a elemental being that is a blue colour they a rebelious, wise and are normally the spirits that a potrayed as genies read up about them and learn some more of what you have contacted they are called Marid the elders of the elementals:) 😊
silentBob (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
[at]Geetha50.I talked to my mother about the jasmine fragrance and she said that her grandmother had always smelt of jasmine, she died when I was five. Maybe she has been checking up on us.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Just a suggestion: Without mentioning the Ouija board incident, ask your parents if someone in family died that wore a jasmine fragrant?

Also, I think it is better if you told your parents because (although you will get in trouble) your parents can do a cleansing of the house. You can do this yourself also when your parents are not home. Rook has cleansing recipe you can use.
silentBob (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
[at] geetha50; no we didn't mention it to our parents as my mother had warned us against using it. Every now and then we will have a door in the hallway open by itself, often accompanied by the smell of jasmine in the air, that seems to only last for a short time.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
silentBob,
I'm not going to even start on this because I know you are going to get a lot of crab from the other posters about using an Ouija board.

I have a question for you though. Did you ever mention this to your parents and did you receive any other kind of activity in your house?
AndyCush (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Thats a really interesting story, I've used a Ouija board several times but never to this sort of effect, good work and great story!
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I may be wrong, but I don't think the elemental wanted to hurt you. They usually don't like being summoned just for the heck of it, though it may have granted you a bit of leniency because you didn't know what an elemental was.

Another of my theories is that there were two beings contacting you and your sister. At the beginning, you said that the pointer moved from "yes" to "no." It makes me think that maybe one being was trying to prevent you from using the board.

Just my random thoughts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: