You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son Is Very Scared

Real Ghost Stories

My Son Is Very Scared

 

Ever since my son was a baby he has been seeing and talking to something that we could not see. My son is now 3 years old and it seems to be getting worse. We will find him in his room talking to someone and we will ask him who he is talking to and he will start to tell us and then he will just stop and say never mind I will tell you later but when we ask him later he will not talk about it.

We moved into a new house about six months ago and things in our house started happening with our son's toys. Toys I know I shut off will go off by themselves and it will really freak out my son he will tell us they are just trying to scare me and when we ask him who he does not want to talk about it.

Last night he woke us up at 1am saying there was something in our kitchen. I took him in so he could see there was nothing there but he was holding strong on that there was something in there. He said "mama it is hiding from you". I asked him if he knew its name and he said "mama it does not have a name its bad". He was so scared that I could not get him back to sleep; he just kept talking about the thing in the kitchen. So at about 3am I told him we need to tell whatever it is to leave so we got up and open the front door and I said "you need to leave our house we don't want you here" my son got really upset with me doing this and I am not sure why.

I put him in my bed with my husband and I we laid there for a couple of minutes and then something slammed on our kitchen floor. I jumped up to go see what was in our kitchen because it sounded like something jumped really hard on our hard wood floor but before entering my kitchen I knew there was something really bad in there and I am still not sure what it was. I asked my grandpa who passed away 7 years ago to come into the kitchen with me. There was nothing on my floor when I entered in our kitchen I searched the whole house for anything that could have fallen but there was nothing. My son was so scared that we had to leave our house at 3:30am and he does not want to go back he said "it's mad".

I am at a loss for what to do. We do have someone coming into our home to bless it next week but I am not sure what to do until then. Has anybody experienced anything like this before and if so how did you get it to leave your child alone?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CMAD_mama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
I was like your son as a little girl I would talk to thin air my mother and father do not believe in spirits, demons ect. One night my mam woke up to my screaming in my dinning room on the table I was two and all the doors were locked over a break in before I was born my mam said I was screaming "leave you monster leave" my mam moved out to my grandmas the next day
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
I have been thinking about this story all day... I am new to this sight and to forums so please be kind! ๐Ÿ˜Š now I'm an avid follower of the secret and the L.O.A. I was pondering on what I would do in this situation (I am a mother myself) Everytime my child was afraid I would show them photos of themselves with loved ones b'day parties and such... Also I would sing they're favourite song with every ounce of love I had for my child bursting out of me... If nothing else it would help calm my child remind them how special they are and also stop any terrible entity feeding from our fear. โค
Sunju (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
I see a good deal of time has passed without an OP response. If the poster returns: I would like to know if any feelings of negativity, darkness, being watched, etc... Were felt prior to the child speaking of the dark thing. If not then it might just be a snowballing psychological effect. Fear begets fear and stress or fear often plays havoc with a human's perception, even going as far as to create audio / visual / tactile / olfactory hallucinatory effects. I've never heard of phantom tastes in connection to spooky events, though that only adds credence to the theory, as your survival instincts + fear force your mind to frantically discern some evidence of a threat and taste doesn't really tell us anything of our immediate surroundings. People have misconceptions about visual / audio hallucinations as well, dismissing them as a possibility because what they see or hear isn't fully detailed and overwhelming, as TV and other media tend to portray such experiences. Altered colours and shapes are generally the extent of most hallucinatory experiences, which are enough for the brain's pattern recognition abilities to latch onto. Ever see a face in tree bark or shapes in clouds? We have specific areas in our brains dedicated to different fields of pattern recognition. Faces and humanoid shapes are prominent among these functions.

Children are likely more susceptible to this psychological mechanism than adults, being of an age where protection is required, and their more active and detailed imaginations only lend themselves to strengthen the experience.

Then again it might be some big, creepy, Oogly Boogly. Here's hoping it's just funny neural wiring at fault;)
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Please let us know how things are going, I hope the best for you and your son!

Stay Safe โค
ghostpro123 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
I'm 15 and I expereinced something very similar when I was younger and unfortuanatly for you this isn't a ghost its a demon and that generaly means that your child has a protector that is over protective so I suggest that you force your child to talk because if you ignore it, it could get worse.
MasamuneX91 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
don't just get it blessed call an exorcist as well this thing sounds evil
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
DARKNESS! That's something I hadn't thought of before. And what's weird is that when I first started hanging out at this time I think there was more Aussies here at that time than yanks!

Jav ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Hahah Yeh but Jav your night is my day!๐Ÿ˜† What it like during my night I wonder? ๐Ÿ˜
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
[at] Redwulf,
No problem. Don't worry about it, you'll be just fine here. You'll see. This place can be a lot of fun too. Especially at night.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜Š
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Rook
I was just making observations from my talks with Priests/Pastors. I agree if they don't believe it they shouldn't teach it but I am not going to paint ALL Priests/Pastors with the same brush. I'm sure that there are others that believe in life after death and maybe some that believe in reincarnation but just don't speak of such things.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Javelina I would also like to call a truce. Let's put this behind us.
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Pretty much, Rook, except that Catholics are taught that it is not enough to simply believe or accept the idea of a higher power. We were taught to avoid sin by following the rules, i.e., the 10 Commandments and by chartable action. When I was in school, the bible was not a big part of religion classes, but it may be more so today. My Jesuit education was pretty liberal.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Argette,

The Heaven you were taught about was part of the 'Afterlife' correct? Not just a term to make you 'behave'? A 'GOOD' place your spirit/soul went after death if you were a Rightous person and believed in Heavenly Father, His Son and the teachings in the Bible. The other option was HELL a place for those who did not believe nor follow the rules presented in the Bible. Is that (very roughly speaking) what was taught?

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Trust me: After 12 years in Catholic schools I can tell you that we are taught there is a heaven.

The paranormal? Never came up.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Correction:
It was supposed to read
"does NOT mean I am still a practicing Catholic" etc

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
[at] Redwolf,
To tell you the truth, I'd just as soon call a truce on this whole thing.
1) Being born and raised in the Catholic faith does mean I am still a practicing Catholic
2) There are more people on this site that are not Catholic, that feel they are expert in what being Catholic means. I find that quite humorous myself.
3) Under site guidelines, we really do try to stay away from religious advice, it causes way too many fights. (as you can see by this one)
I say we let it go, it's much easier that way. But that's up to you now, because I am done with it myself.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
RedWolf,

I can see your point about reincarnation not being taught in Christian Religions as most do not teach/believe this concept. As far as them thinking there is nothing after life, just death, may be from the point of view that when an individual passes their spirit either goes directly to Heaven or Hell and therefore all Hauntings must be 'Demonic' in nature because God does not let human spirits roam after their physical body dies.

I do not support that train of thought, heck my first question when someone mentions that concept is this... If we have already entered Heaven or Hell then why is there going to be a Resurrection and Final Judgment? (If you believe in the Christian God (which I do) or are well read (many people here) you know what I'm referring to.) You mention that some may teach about Heaven and Hell to either strike Hope or Fear into people and that is the only reason they teach about them. I don't fully agree with this though I will say there are Churches that use 'tactics' like that to 'control' their Congregations and I feel that is wrong.

As far as neither Religion (Catholic/Lutheren) believing in ghosts or ANYTHING paranormal then they need to stop teaching about things such as The Earths Creation by Heavenly Father, the Resurrection of Christ, Miracles, Divine Intervention and Angelic Visitations to include the Immaculate Conception which of course would undermine there entire basis for a Religion. So if they say they do not believe in the paranormal they are 'full of it'. (These are just my opinions)

We all have moments where something or someone gets our 'dander' up. So let's just put it behind us and move on. CMAD mama received lot's of advice and perhaps even used some of it so let us see if she comes back and tells us how things are going and at that time any 'new advice' can be considered and/or given.

Respectfully,

Rook
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Rook,
I mean no disrespect for anyone here. I'm not looking for a fight or to bash anybody. I got defensive because Javs comment to my first post made no sense to me. I figured if the mother isn't religious she would not take my advise. Then after my second post she became insulting and I truly felt like she was attacking me. That is why I called her ignorant and those other comments.
As to your question about my comment about afterlife. I was actually redundant (without trying to be) about that. I meant reincarnation although having spoken to Catholic Priests and Lutheran Pastors I got the impression that they think that there is nothing after life, just death. I also got the impression that they teach about Heaven and Hell to give people either hope or strike fear into them. Either way I was told neither religion believes in reincarnation,ghosts,or anything paranormal.
Again I mean no disrespect. But just for the record I was not the only one who was being disrespectful in that "debate". We were both being disrespectful of that mothers plight and what that little boy is going through.
With Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
CMADD mama,
I hope that things are better for your son. Being afraid to live in your own home at 3 is something no child should have to go through. My heart goes out to you and your family.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Pardon the interuption...

Jav gives just as good as she takes...I've seen her 'retrack' her comments and even apologize if she has been proven incorrect. Going back over the recent comments on this experience it seems to me that she asked a question of you and it was you RedWolf that went on the Attack... Or perhaps on the Defensive which has lead to the 'debate' currently occuring.

Just to show you I am reading all the commetns I'd like to ask a question about a statment you made... (quoted so there is no misunderstanding)

"But must I remind you that the Catholic religion does not believe in after life..."

If that is true then why do any of the Churches teach about a Heaven and Hell? Both places are a place where the 'Soul/Spirit' goes after death... Sounds like an afterlife to me.

Your 'netural' on the topic of Religion... Good for you, but your reaction to Jav's orignal question to you suggests to me you were spoiling for a fight and just wanted to bash somebody...

For the record your orignal suggestion was a pretty good one, seemed to cover all the bases but your reaction to being questioned is a bit over the top. Just my opinion.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
[at] Redwolf,
So your response is
"I know you are, but what am I?"
Good one!
Welcome th ygs!
Enjoy!

Jav ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
(at) Javelina
By the way I read your profile. You said that if someone is a total jerk to you and determined to take a swipe at you to go ahead and take a swing but not be surprised when you fight back. Well you are the jerk who attacked me so you are a freaking hypocrite. People can't say anything about you but you feel you have the right to say whatever you want about other peoples advice and we should just take it? That's the true meaning of a HYPOCRITE.
Knowing now what you are I'm not even going to reply to your comments and attacks.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Watch out you don't paint yourself into a corner there Redwolf. You don't know me either. You went too far with my original question, which was quite simple. Without getting overly indignant about it, why not check the dates on the previous comments made to thius thread.
And let's just get one thing clear here, Redwolf. Just about everyone here grew up around this stuff. You are not unique in that respect, trust me.

Jav
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
(At) Javelina
You have some nerve attacking me. Only a really ignorant person would do that. My questions weren't stupid it just shows how ignorant that you REALLY are to think that they are. Nobody else made such STUPID comments to me like you have.
I think that you have real problems. You are full of yourself and think you are always right.
This mother was asking for advice. SHE was the one that said she was going to have a blessing done on her house which means she has faith in some sort of religion so I suggested the baptism and the cross.
As for calling me an asshat. What are you,12? Also asking me if I was going to go all religion on you proves you are ignorant. I said I am NOT religious but am open minded to religion
. You also prove that you certainly do NOT know anything about ghosts, hauntings, or anything paranormal.
Before you even think you know more about any of these things than me think again. I've grown up around it and had many experiences and have been asked to join paranormal groups.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
[at] Redwolf,
One more thing. Did you happen to read through the entire comment thread here before you commented? It is helpful, you know. Because this thread only ends on this page, there is much more to it. That is why it's reccomended you read all of it before commenting yourself. As you are likely to be repeating someone elses. OR, the O/P may have already found a way to deal with it. When commenting on older threads, you need to be mindful of the entire history of the advice given.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
[at] Redwolf,
I'll try and answer your question without being a total asshat like you, but I can't promise anything. I will not address all your questions as I deem them to be plain stupid.
When a person chooses a method or cure for problems dealing with the unknown, it's a pretty good bet that if they don't believe in the process they are using, there is less chance it will work. So if that person does not believe in baptism, it has less of a chance to work. Is that understandable enough for you?
Or are you going to go all religion on me?

Jav
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Javelina,No I do not agree with you. What the hell are you talking about? Just because I'm not religious doesn't mean other people aren't! How do you know this child's mother has no faith in religion? You seem to have missed my saying a triquetra might also help as it is an ancient symbol of goodness. The wiccan religion say it is a symbol of the virgin the mother and the crone. Meaning their god is a woman. What's so wrong with that? The pagen religion say it is a symbol of earth,air,water and their god is mother earth. Again what's so wrong about that? Both of these religions believe we came from the earth and have to return to the earth and we have to treat the earth with respect. Also the newer version of the Bible use the Triquetra.
As for your statement that it is a spiritual matter not a medical one. I did not tell this woman to take her kid to the doctor. Who cares if you were born,baptised,and raised in the Catholic Faith. That doesn't make you any better than me. I have an open mind to other religions. I don't want to get into a religious argument with you. But must I remind you that the Catholic religion does not believe in after life, ghosts,reincarnation,or psychics? I know a lot of Catholics and most of them go against Catholic Doctrine. By the way Catholics believe their children can not go to Heaven if they are not Baptised or at least the older Catholics still believe this. I'm married to a Catholic and he has NO faith in that or any other religion.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
As with any religion or practice, the cure for what ails you has very much to do with the faith you have in the cure. If you choose a cure that does not match what you believe, you would obviously have a problem, don't you agree?
This has to do with spiritual, and not medicinal cures, I just want to make that distinction.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
[at] Redwolf,
Please tell me how a baptism would protect someone if that person doesn't believe in such things? And mind you, I was born, baptised, and raised in the Catholic faith.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜•
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
CMAD mama
If you have not baptised your son yet please do so as soon as possible. I'm not religious at all but in your sons case I think that being protected by the holy spirit would be off putting to this spirit. Also get him a cross that he can wear. A triquetra might also work because it is an ancient symbol of goodness. If you don't know what a triquetra looks like it is three circles intertwined sometimes with or without another circle in the middle. Without going into other religions the Christian religion has adapted it as the Father the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: