You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Small Red And Hooded

Real Ghost Stories

Small Red And Hooded

 

From the age of 7 until I was 14, I lived in a large house on a farm with my parents and my 4 brothers and sisters. This was on a farm just on the outskirts of Hamilton in New Zealand. My elder brother had the upstairs room and the rest of us were downstairs. I used to like going upstairs to sleep in my brothers room as he had lots of cool things to play with and there was a pool table upstairs that I liked to muck around on.

One night however, when I was about 13, I was sleeping in my brothers room, as he had gone somewhere and I got this feeling, somewhat like a chill, I opened my eyes and saw a small hooded figure dressed in dark red, like a maroon. I could not see its face and it was quite dull as in a little transparent. I froze and then quickly darted under the sheets and prayed until eventually I went to sleep.

The next day it was all I could think about, and for the next year I was always reluctant to go upstairs by myself. Some days I would stand at the bottom of the stairs just looking up but I could not bring myself to go up there. I did go up a few times by myself but I was always freaked out about it. We moved out and I stopped thinking about the figure I saw. Until I was 18...

I went on a school trip to Canada with some friends and we stayed with host families. One night in Vancouver, I was sharing a bed with one of my team mates and as I looked in the door way to the bedroom, I saw the same thing I had seen 5 years earlier. Once again I froze, scared out of my mind, I watched it for about three or four seconds and it did nothing, it just stood there. I guess it was about three and half feet tall no taller than 4 feet. I closed my eyes and once again prayed, until I went to sleep.

I must have woken up about 3 hours later, it was still dark but instead of being in the bed, I was in the corner of the room wedged in between the wall and a writing desk of some description. The only way I could have gotten in there was if I had moved the desk lay down and then move it again, as I had to move it to get out and back into bed.

I am 33 now and nothing has happened since, but it still gives me chills to think about what happened on opposite sides of the world. If anyone has by chance seen the same thing as me, I would appreciate knowing as I would like to find out what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bjtc1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MDDilshad (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-13)
Hey man
When I was 6 or 7
I was sleeping by my mom and dad... Then suddenly I opened my eyes and saw a totally red guy,,, wearing a red helmet (in this case not hood) beside me... It was 3 fit away from me totally laying on bed staring at me... As soon as I saw this red thing I screamed... Then it was gone... My mom and dad was hovering around the bed to find anything whether I saw...
Hey man
Do these red guys have something to do with particular humans?
I saw it once but u twice...
Never saw it again u khow since I was 7...
But
Who are this red guys?
chezy08 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
Hi, I know this was a few years ago that this was posted, but I searched up google for the same thing, and this story came up. As a child I have seen a lot of weird stuff that scared me but I would always fall asleep hiding or praying as well. I am 31 at the moment and last month I had been seeing a lot of strange things at night, it had been freaking me out a little. One night I thought that I would try to meditate before I went to sleep as I am doing a course and didn't have much time during the day. I must have fallen asleep but I woke up suddenly and as I looked at the door, a short red hooded figure walked quickly over to my bed and stood right next to me looking at me! I, of course freaked out and shut my eyes, and the next thing I know I woke up a few hours later. Like you said before the material of the cloak looked like really heavy or maybe good quality cotton type fabric. And more a maroon type colour I don't remember seeing a face or anything but I don't remember it as being dark either... The hallway light was on for my son so it was light in my room. It just freaked me out I think. I didn't feel like it was going to hurt me but it rushed over to my bedside, that was weird. I don't know what it was and I have seen a lot of weird things lately, I am so glad to have found someone else who has seen the same thing but I'm still not sure if that is a good or a bad thing! Well I hope that you see this post and tell me what you think!:-)
marat (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
I saw the exact same thing when I was about five years old. I actually did a google search because I've always wondered what it was, and found your story. I was with my grandparents visiting a friend in texas somewhere. I don't remember where exactly now I was so young. I might have been four. I heard heavy breathing and thought it was my grandpa (I was sleeping in between my grandparents) So I nuged him. He would snor sometimes and that would normally stop him. When he didn't stop, and my grandma wasn't making any noise I looked at the bottom of the bed and saw the same hooded thing you did. I freaked out and tried to wake up my grandparents but they would not wake up! So I covered all of our heads with the covers. Cuddled close to my grandpa and I guess fell back asleep. In the morning I remeber telling them about it. But of course bc I was so small they tried to give me explainations I didn't accept. My grandma said maybe it was the little boy down the street trying to scare me. And my grandpa said he scared it away. I also remember the next time we went down there... I was older but scared to sleep by myself. I never saw it again. And its hard to accept sometimes because I'm older now. But I remember how I felt and the conversations the next day. And how scared I was the next time we went to visit. So I'm pretty positive it was real. Creepy to hear someone else say they saw it too lol.
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-16)
Interesting. You saw the exact same ghost twice, yes? I was going to suggest that this ghost followed you around, but twice is hardly following, is it? Also when you mentioned in your comments that the lamp freaked out your cousin. Is it possible for people when they die to attach themselves to random objects? I have no idea, maybe. The idea of an guardian angel seems to make more sense, like this ghost was just watching over you, making sure you got to your destination safely. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if I saw her again I'd still hide under the sheets.;) Update us with anything you find out! 😁
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
All good thankyou for your thoughts. It is funny though. When saying I was scared, it was not utter fear as in screaming in terror. It was more "holy heck what did I just see? Please go away" As I was able to get to sleep both times, I think it was ok. If I had seen a deamon with horns and eyes like fire or a ghost like apparition, I am sure I would have flipped and ran. So even though I was scared it was not a feling of terror. I like the thoughts on feeling what the spirit felt before it died. Maybe they just wanted the pain of life to go away like I wanted them to go away? And I Prayed, which is not something I generally do a lot of. Once again Thankyou.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Construction and add ons to a house is believed to possibly add to the paranormal activity in a house. Its believed by some that it can either cause activity to pick up or die down just depending on the house, spirits, etc.

One thing to consider to is that sometimes the feeling you feel with a spirit is what they felt at the time of their death (Assuming its a spirit of a human, animal, etc. That would have lived and died during life)

For example, if a boy gets killed by a dog attacking him, and fear was the last thing he had when he died, then you may feel the fear he had when he died cause that's what his spirit is giving off when he passed away.

In other words the fear could have been the spirits fear, and not your own fear that you were feeling at the time of these sighting.

Another thing. Just because the spirit showed up in two different places doesn't necessarily mean there is a tie between those places. Sometimes spirits/entities will become attached to someone and follow them from one location to the next.

As far as if its the bad thing that your cousin was speaking about, that would be kind of tough to determine. In that case I would say to be careful with it if it shows up again and to try and feel out how it reacts and such to the situation.

As far as being moved during your sleep, that would be hard to determine how that happened. Its possible something did move you, or something like that. I'm not 100% sure.

Hope I answered most of your questions!

Peace
JustCurious

P.S. Sorry bout the long comment
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Just to add and this may not be of consequence. My brothers room was newly built and was not an original structure of the house. Would this make a difference?

Also the creature, in both cases was not in the room but in the frame of the door. Both times the door was open. In the case of being in Canada, when staying at someone elses place it is very uncommon for me to leave the door wide open. I cannot say for sure if I did leave the door open or if it was open when I woke up in the morning but when I did see the creature in the night, the door was defintaly open. I would always close the door or at least have it ajar when staying at a place where I don't know the people.
I am thinking of maybe 3 scenarios. A) It was not in the room as there was a shield of somesort not allowing it to enter. B) It was guarding the room so nothing else could enter or C) I'm a fruitcake at it was all in my mind.
I have not really thought about it a lot over the years but I am a teacher and my children were telling ghost stories and I said "I got one" and it got me thinking about it more. Now I just would like to know what it was I saw. Thanks for the comments it has got me thinking about it more and I will try to dig a little deeper.
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
I thought the same thing also. No it did not make any threatening moves. Just stood there motionless. The house in New Zealand that we lived in did have some history and a cousin of ours, who was apparently psycic, got a very bad feeling when touching an old brass lamp that we found in a shed. She put her hands on it and then her hands joted back. This was years before I saw anything though. I really don't remember much of what my cousin said but my brother and sister found a door that lead into the ceiling from a cupboard. Inside was a garbage bag full or marijuana that would have been there about 20 years. The story goes the guy who presumably owned it had commited suicide but what I do know is that my cousin said it was nothing to do with him, the bad feeling she got. I am feeling that this thing ment me no harm, although I was scared when seeing it both times. Was it the bad thing my cousin was speaking of or was it something to protect me from the bad thing? Why would it be in Vancouver though? Unless this house also had a secret that I did not know about? I was only at his house one night. I am also not one to sleep walk, so the fact that I had woken up in a position that seemed impossible? I really just don't know. I don't live in New Zealand anymore so will find it difficult to find out the history of the house. I could maybe ask my sister what she remembers as she was there when my cousin did her psycic thing and it may shed some more light on what happened.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
This is an interesting account that you have posted. I'm not 100% sure what the being could be though. Did it ever make a threatening move towards you? Because one thing that I'm trying to think is if it didn't threaten you in anyway maybe it is possibly a being that has decided to keep an eye on you in case something happens that could effect you. Kind of like a guardian in a way.

Not sure. I'm going to look around and see if I can find something more on it and post if I do.

Peace
JustCurious
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I did not really think about the fact that it was in other peoples rooms. Interesting. The robe itself looked like it was made of heavy material a thick cloth, not cotton. The thing itself I could not see, it was just blackness, I guess darker than the darkness surrounding it. The whole thing itself looked as though it was faded, like when something starts to dissappear on TV. Was not fully there, but had not disappeared. Thank you for your thoughts.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
That is a very interesting account. The size & distinctive apparel does sound a lot like a folkloric creature, though in most accounts things like that are described as solid, physical beings, not apparition-like. The most interesting thing is that you saw it in two places very far apart, but in both cases you saw it in someone else's room.

This hooded robe, did it seem more "real" or physically there than the "thing" itself? It is intriguing. Ghosts & non-physical beings obviously don't need clothing. I have always assumed when ghosts are seen to be wearing clothes it is because it is how they see themselves. Presumably the clothing they wore regularly in life, died in or were buried in. But sometimes I suspect it has something to do with their personality. Since hooded robes are not something a lot of people wear on a regular basis, I would guess that is the case here. Because of the circumstances of the second sighting it does not sound to me like it was created by your mind. I hope some of our thoughtful regulars have some thoughts on this one.
bjtc1 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Thank you for your comment, but by the description on the website, it would seem unlikely to be a goblin. It was a maroon hooded robe, I suppose reminds me a little of little red riding hood, but no face just a black emptiness. Also, it did not look like a solid entity in that I feel that if I went up and touched it, my hand would have passed right through it. But as if I was going to do that...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Sounds suspiciously like a Redcap Goblin:

Http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Redcap

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: