You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: An Evil Impostor

Real Ghost Stories

An Evil Impostor

 

This story is not one of my own but belongs to my mother, whom is happy to share her experience to forewarn anyone tempted on performing a séance. This story has not been fabricated in any such way, although some events may be slightly off tune due to the recollection of my thoughts.

The story commences a few weeks after my grandmother's suicide. My mother, whom I'll call Jennifer, being no more than 18, was downright distraught and staying with a handful of her 7 closest friends, being 3 boys and 4 girls.

Sometime during the night, one of Jennifer's more venturesome friends, who I shall call David, persuaded Jennifer to do a séance to see if they could make contact her mother, Margaret.

David began by setting up a small table in the middle of Jennifer's dining room, with only one white candle as the light source and gathered everyone around to hold hands. As they begun, something possessed Jennifer's friend, Julia, posing as Jennifer's mother.

Everyone could sense that this was indeed not Jennifer's mum, as a feeling of evil radiated from this impostor. Julia's face turned a sudden dark and menacing expression as her eyes clouded over. The thing had an evil, bone chilling smile set on its face. As it spoke, its voice was dark and demonic, bordering on a inhuman pitch.

Pressing onward, the thing did not once reveal its true identity, as it recalled every fine detail about Jennifer's mum. The thing grew exceedingly confident as a look of horror set upon everyone's face as it spoke about Jennifer's mum, right down to the things ONLY Jennifer and her mum knew, which brought a strong feeling of unease and a wave of nausea.

In the end everyone was beyond terrified and begged David to make it leave. Without warning, the creature abruptly stood up and tried to move. David and John leapt to their feet to hold it down. The thing had inhumanly brute strength as it violently thrashed about with the weight of two fully grown men on it. Jennifer then bolted out of the house in pure terror as she raced for the car to find a priest at 4:00 in the morning, leaving David and John and the rest to pin down this demonic creature.

As the priest arrived, the thing was still thrashing about, with David and John pinning it down as the girls huddled in the corner of the room screaming in absolute horror. The priest ordered everyone out of the house, as the thing was not safe and the house was infested with evil. Grabbing her Grandfather from his bed upstairs, Jennifer and the group was led outside and far away as a exorcism was performed. (With the exception of David and John who were still holding the thing down.) As the exorcism was carried out, Julia regained consciousness and had no recollection of the previous hour, saying all she remembered was doing a séance and then blacking out.

With the exorcism successfully completed, the priest then moved on to cleansing and blessing the house, sprinkling holy water into each room whilst reciting a prayer. As he blessed each room, parts of the house sizzled profusely as the holy water came in contact with it.

As the priest concluded the cleansing, everyone was allowed back inside. The group all agreed, since being profoundly traumatized, that it was best to stay at a hotel overnight.

To this day, my mother has never again touched an Ouija board or performed a séance. As she still always severely warns my brother and I of the consequences. My mother was so traumatized by the whole ordeal that she only just plucked up the courage to explain what occurred that horrible night to me, 36 years later.

I hope this story goes to show the danger and damage performing a séance can cause without the proper precautions and professionalism.

Thank you for reading. All comments, questions and feedback are much appreciated.

-CDubber xx

Other hauntings by CDubber

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CDubber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

emmajean28 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-08)
What frightening thing to have to go through. I do have to say that the sizzling holy water was a but much but I wasn't there so I wouldn't know but wow. I would be scared to do anything like that ever again.
white_noise (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-07)
My dad said they had one when he was younger and nothing ever happened to anyone.
Nurse1992 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Everyone is saying it's fake, either way, when my phone rang I jumped out of my skin. Terrifying!
If you did make it up, I really applaud your writing skills, this story is INCREDIBLE!
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I accept that not all will find this story true. But please, bare in mind that it was my mothers story, and not one of my own. I respect all opinions on this matter, as everyone has to right to their own. I do take blame though for not mentioning that this priest was a close family friend whom knew my grandmother personally. I hope that this has put some suspicions to rest, if not, make of it what you will, but please do so in a respectful manner.

-CDubber ❤
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
thats creepy I did I seance once and called hitler and I do have a spirit or spirits following me around.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
hi there, hollywood here!
Thankyou for your script you have sent in but sadly we have to reject it as even we would not get away with this one.
Sorry!
P.s yes I do think its b/s
🤔
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
sizzling holy water
All night- on call priests ready to jump out of bed to fight evil like a firefighter at the sound of an alarm-?

Next!
gelique (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
i have read, heard, and seen people who got possessed before, but not like this one... This one's done too much, I think...
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Who yah going to call?

A priest who performs exorcism at 4 in the morning? Or a story editor for yet another 'Supernatural Superhero" Faith Based Urban Legend?

So tell me sweetie, such an event should, at the very least have a name for the priest or at the most- a name for the church that is willing to take on such a 'blatantly obvious' exorcism requested by a hysterical young lady driving around at 4 in the morning.

Surely a newspaper worthy event?
Ciro (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Well, my world just set a chilling environment for reading this alone. Start reading and suddenly lightning and booming noises like footsteps, but anyway...You're tale is definitely one to uphold when doing anything about spirits and demons (that realm? Is that the right word?). Its always important to proceed with caution or never proceed at all.

Thanks for the read. I'm actually a bit hyped up cause I'm going to see a priest tomorrow if they'll let me. Not the wisest venture, but I'd rather speak with the church over my curiosity before anything else. Been a while, you know?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
minimom,

There are many Christian Faiths that do not have the same 'protocols' (burden of proof) as the Catholic Church... Unfortuantly some are all to ready to jump in and preform a ritual that may not be needed.

I shall remain on the fence with this experience... Holy Water sizziling as it gets splashed about is a very 'Hollywood Moment'.

Having said that however contacting a 'dark / evil entity' when attempting to contact the spirit of someone who commited suicide... I can believe that... Lots of negative / dark energy surrounding that type of event.

Respectfully,

Rook
minimom (50 posts)
+6
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
Before I became Pagan, I was Catholic. Before a priest is allowed to perform an exorcism he must have the consent of the church and that takes more than a phone call.

I prefer to be skeptical on this story, very skeptical.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
Well that makes for a great morality tale or a very tired movie plot. Personally I don't think such things are possible, but it's not like I know everything under the sun, so I will just say I am extremely skeptical of this tale & move on.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
Wow,What could one say to That! Amazing. I too played around with these things seance but never had something happened to that extent. This is to go to show us that there is and after life and beings that are just as real as any of us and respect that they shouldn't be messed with thanks for sharing a great story and great lesson!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: