You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Cat On The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Cat On The Bed

 

I am looking for any kind of info on what I am experiencing.

A few months ago my Husband and I were just starting to fall asleep when I felt one of our cats climb into bed with us, it started at my feet and climbed in between my Husband and I and came all the way to our faces. I reached my hand up to pet it and there was nothing there and the weight of the cat was gone. I figured I was really out of it. The next morning my Husband asked me if I was moving around on the bed as we were falling asleep I told him NO! And then he told me he thought one of our cats climbed into bed with us and as it walked up to his face he opened his eyes and nothing was there.

I joked and said it was a ghost.

Nothing happened for a few weeks then one night I felt a cat and all four paws walking on the bed. It felt lighter then my husbands cat so I thought it was my cat and I called her to me. She meowed but was under the bed where she loved to sleep. So I picked up my head and looked and there was nothing on the bed again.

A few more nights passed and my husband mentioned that a few times when I get up and go in the office and he is still in bed he feels a cat every once in a while in the bed and its not one of our cats and nothing is ever there.

Well the passed few weeks my cats have been acting a little different. Mostly my husbands cat who is looking at something on the walls when nothing is there. I thought nothing of that, thinking he is seeing a small bug or something. But then on day when I was sitting on the bed working on paper work he was sitting on the bed flicking his tail and looking just behind me. I called him and he didn't even look at me. Then I looked and my cat was sitting on the floor looking in the same spot as my husbands cat, I turned around and looked and there is nothing there. Then both of their heads followed this thing that wasn't there as it moved left to right then up and then back down and then must of vanished because they both stopped looking.

I keep thinking that I am seeing quick flashes of light but I play it off to the lighting and my eyes adjusting. My husband does not see any flashes of any light, just me! Then, last night I felt the cat by my feet again!

My husband, who doesn't beileve in ghosts, started to say that he believes it could be Buddy who was this very sick little kitten that a lady dropped off at my house. Some lady thought I could help the kitten. We tried all that we could and he was getting better; we thought he was going to make it and my husband became very attached to him. He could cry and climb up his pants and wouldn't sleep unless he was on my husbands shoulders. He was very young and small. We figured he was under or around 7 weeks old. And then one day the kitten was sleeping next to my husband and the kitten passed away. My husband had the hardest time over it. He passed away last winter.

But the cat size thing that is getting on the bed feels larger then a kitten.

We have never felt this before could it really be a ghost of a cat?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wildcat2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-06-21)
SoulFire - no, there is no option to pm on this site. Apparently years ago there was, but it didn't work out too well.
SoulFire (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-21)
I've had tons of these particular experiences. I'd like to discuss it with others who have them consistently. Is there a way to PM here?
archangel123 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
That might be your buddy because I have heard stories where some spirits transform into the adult size because that popular long medium lady on her show even stated that this lady's which she had a miscarriage was with her grandfather in heaven and she has grown up into like a form of a little girl and was awaiting for her parents. The fetus grew into a teenager or child like girl. Pretty sure it might be your buddy that grew up bigger and is around. If anything is demonic it would actually harm you already it does not waste time, so don't worry.
Mercredi (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
I had a very similar experience at one particular apartment a few years ago. The odd thing about the experience was that I had not owned a cat (besides my current one) for about 20 years. So, either it was a ghost cat from a previous owner, an elemental spirit that took the form of a cat, or a ghost of a former beloved cat trying to give me a message. Interestingly, right after we moved from that apartment my cat came down with a life-threatening bladder blockage. Maybe it was a harbinger. Fortunately, three years down the line my current kitty is doing better, but he's never been quite the same cat since those days.
AZWILDCAT (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
My experience was exactly like this back in July of 2011. The bed would shake and then I would feel something walking up the bed, this usually occurred when I went to bed around 8:30, my cat would be with me on the other side of the bed, she would stare at something, however I could not see anything at all. It moved around the bed, there was a vibration that came with this each night as well. Some nights it would walk up to my pillow and move around, I could hear something moving around on my pillow case, but there wasn't anything there that I could see with my human eyes, however my cat would bat at this with her paws like it was a friend to her. So strange, yet I didn't fear this. It comes and goes, it's not as often as it use to be, I started to use my cell phone to take pictures in the dark on the bed of whatever was there, some pretty creepy images appeared, my husband told me to stop taking pictures of whatever was in the room on the bed. Not sure what this is but now it appears we have more than a cat ghost in our home.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
hi wildcat have to say I totally believe that our pets can and do return to see us after they have passed, was wondering if you or your boyfriend had ever lost an adult cat? Even one from years ago could suddenly start to show its self.
Only ask as you say the kitten passed and I was wondering why it might return as an adult cat, a kitten returning would instantly show you who it was comming to say hi. I can't get my head around why it would return as an adult cat that would confuse you as to which cat it is.
Then again it could just be a cat that has lived there before and you both being cat lovers has started to show its self to get some attention.
Anyway loved the post
Carl
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
The same thing happened to me. My cat, and my best friend came to visit me every night after I went to sleep. Al I could think of was to put a little Bible verse at the end of my bed every night when I went to sleep. Then it stopped.
I hope his little sole went to rest.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Buddy's story brought tears to my eyes. If he'd been my kitty, I'd welcome him back in any form, which it seems you have. Maybe he's grown up a bit. I'd sure like to think it's him. Your story really touched me.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Oh yeah, I'd say it's VERY likely you've got a ghostie kitty. As I too have had a no few ghostie kitty experiences myself, far too many to list on YGS.

It can be surprising to see a ping pong ball get knocked out of the kitchen and when you go and look no kitty anywhere in any of the hiding spots in the kitchen.

Apparently ghostie kitties can grow up...
Http://www.thecatsite.com/t/150757/ghost-kitties

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: