You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My First Sleep Paralysis Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Sleep Paralysis Experience

 

This is my second experience and definitely one of the scariest experiences I have ever had. Little did I know this would recur for the next twenty two years and almost every night.

My bedroom was being renovated so my brother and I slept in my parents' room. I had a cot at the foot of their bed. I had already started developing a strong hatred for the house. There were certain areas I would refuse to venture in after sunset.

It was around 9:30 p.m. We were sent off to bed since it was a school night. My mother read a magazine until around 11 p.m. The light from her bedside lamp kept me awake. So I lay in bed with my eyes closed but I was awake.

When she finally switched off her light I saw the room was illuminated by the light of the moon. The curtains were fine and I could see the moon from where I was sleeping. I loved full moon nights and I still do. I tossed and turned and finally got sleep.

I was woken up with something jumping on my feet. I sat up and there was nothing. Now wide awake and trembling, I looked around the room slowly and fearfully. My eyes fell on a shadow just behind my dad's head. I wanted to scream. I thought that IF something had a shadow there had to be a form the shadow belonged to. I turned but I saw nothing. I looked towards my dad's bedside and the shadow was still there. It resembled the Greek God Pan. Now I was really scared. I put my head back on the pillow and covered my face with my blanket. (Please note I was wide awake thanks to the creature that jumped on my bed)

I wanted to peek from under the blanket but I found my hands had been pinned down behind my head, there was a weight on my chest and throat. Something covered my mouth and nose. I tried to struggle but I was frozen. I kept trying to move and scream. After several seconds I found I could move. I threw the blanket off me while I gasped for air.

Very cautiously; I looked around the room and everything seemed normal. There was no shadow, no movement, no sound apart from my parents' snoring. Everything was quiet.

Being the first time I had experienced this the memory was fresh in my mind. I still panic every time I think about that night.

I don't remember many of the "sleep paralysis" nights except for the ones that I experienced from the time I was 21 to 33 but I will leave that for another story and another time.

Peace!

Other hauntings by Charmsdes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmsdes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-21)
I am so sorry about the delay in response. I doubt you guys will read my reply but here it is anyway.

[at] anneke8, what sort of experience is it mate? This kept recurring and until date it scares me. I can still recall the fear of that night.

[at] Jitow, thanks for the link. I will check it out. I don't have this experience any longer. Everything stopped after I moved out.

[at] VisionaryMatt, I feel your fear. I used to try not to sleep at night to avoid all the paranormal stuff. As long as I was awake nothing would happen. I would sleep during the day. I would head to bed the minute I heard the first bird sang. Sometimes I would wait for the sun to rise before I headed to bed. I felt safe sleeping when there was sunlight.
VisionaryMatt (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-03)
I have had a similar night. I was laying in bed watching television. I can't recall whether I had fallen asleep previous to having my experience, however I can't vividly remember starring at my tv and watching a shadow grow in front of me. I couldn't react at all. I layed there trying to make some sort of movement of noise. After what seemed to be forever I eventually snapped out of it and found everything to be "normal".
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
This is not uncommon but it is spiritual and there is a permanent cure for it. If you want to know exactly what is going on with the SP and how to get rid of it forever, go to www.stopsleepparalysis.org. Thanks
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Does not sound like sleep paralysis to me. There is a diference between sleep paralysis where your mind is active but your body does not respond, and where 'something' deliberatly paralysis you - no 'dream' there my friend.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: