You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Hallway

 

Ok, so I live in an apartment with three bedrooms and one living room, with my room in front of the bathroom and my grandmothers room next to it, just to give a visual. Every time I walk through the hallway to get to my room or when I'm in my room I feel like something is watching me. Some days it gets so bad that I feel paranoid and can't enter my room with out panicking. I often check to see if someones near me, of course no ones there. Lately I've been feeling it everywhere. The kitchen, the living room, the parking lot, even out side like at the mall. It's like he's fallowing me everywhere.

I don't know if it's a guy but he feels like a dude. Sometimes I feel just eyes (kinda like when you where little and you would stare at the back of someone's head to see if they turned around) and sometimes I feel a force that makes me feel not exactly THREATENED just smaller, like he's trying to enforce dominance. That's why I think it's a dude.

He's also gotten bolder. Before he was just this weird feeling but lately I've seen him from the corner of my eye, he's about 6'3 (Im 5'1 so he's a lot taller than me) and just this shadow, he keeps getting bolder each day. I was getting out of the shower last week and a shadow (most likely him) came out of the mirror stopped looked at me and ran across the room and through the wall into my Grandmother's room. I stood in shock and promptly ran out of the bathroom. I see him standing in the hallway right at the entrance to the bathroom recently. He doesn't hurt me but it is kind of scary seeing him there all the time. Am I seeing things? If he's real, can he hurt me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KitKatKatie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KitKatKatie (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Thanks so much guys. I know this is idiotic of me but I'm letting it stay for a little longer. But ill most defiantly post a new experience soon! ๐Ÿ˜Š
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Uggggghhhh...tell me about feeling small, I understand how you feel! Right now, I feel as though I am being watched (I have always felt this way, well, my house is over 100 years old and many people have died in the house!)

I too feel "eyes" just staring at me as I enter my room, or any other room in the house! Try and stay strong, never let down your guard! You are the boss of your own home!

Now I must agree with Nysa. Are you seeing things. You may find you see this "figure" due to the fact that you are "scared/frightened" or what ever way you may put it.

When I was younger I would think I'd be seeing shadows pass by me, but in actual fact I was just "imagining them" I told myself that I was being ridiculous, but I wasn't, I just needed to calm down. I did just that (over time of course, it took me awhile to toughen up) but sure enough half the shadows I once saw no longer were seen. But I do see the other half for time to time. But they are all just passing by.

When I found myself scared and and "imagining" things once again, I bought a necklace with a small silver cross, I have never taken it off to this day! At this very moment and time I am wearing it! The necklace made me feel safe and secure. I may seem crazy writing this, but, when I got scared I held my necklace and began to say a "hail mary" in my head. If you are catholic I think you should do the same, but if you are of any other religion pray your prayers, what ever makes you feel save! ๐Ÿ˜Š

GOOD LUCK ON EVERYTHING, HOPE I HELPED! ๐Ÿ˜Š GOD BLESS!

-ghostlover6678 ๐Ÿ˜Š
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
11 steps to get a ghost/spirit out of your house

Http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Ghost-out-of-Your-House
It worked for me... The voices I hear are from witches calling my name. MissoceansTuber I found this link interesting. โค
KitKatKatie (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
I want to say thanks to everyone! No one believed me exempt for my friend so I didn't have much hope for here! Thanks soooo much!
MissOceansTuber: My friend who believes me actually studies witch craft on her own so Ill probably share that link with her!
Mitchy: Haha I did freak a bit at first. I mean... Who wouldn't? But he didn't do anything so I just chilled afterward. I try o ignore it. ๐Ÿ˜•
Christine: Thanks for the info! It was a lot of help! He doesn't really tell me what to do. Just gives off the dominant feeling. ๐Ÿ˜œ

I'll be posting a new experience soon! I think its related!
Cristine (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Another word of caution is that you do not and I repeat that you do not want to surrender control of yourself to this ghost under any circumstances. Do not let him push you around and tell you what to do (if that is possible for him to do that). As I have said many times to other writers' of stries... Ghosts attract other ghosts and you can easily become the target of malevolent energies.
Cristine (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Ghosts are evrywhere and just because we do not notice their presense does not mean they do not exist. Male ghosts love to watch female (mortal) activity. THEY SEE EVERYTHING YOU DO.
I do not think he is going to hurt you, but I do think he is very intersted in you. He is very much shadowing you in your daily routine because he really likes you and feels a need to be around you in perhaps a protecting big brother or father figure protector. I do not think at all that he is an angel, since angels and their presences are so much different.

It is always a good idea to have a protector that can glide through the air and blend in with the wood-work. The bad thing about it is that the bolder he becomes the more likely you are going to be capable of seeing him with your own two eyes and this may frighten the poop out of you as they manifest themselves in the most unusual ways and times of circumstances. I would start keep a journal, you know. That would be a good thing to do for your own sanity and acknowledgment.
MissOceansTuber (guest)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
http://www.witchcraft.com.au/origin-of-witchcraft.html
Witchcraft began years before Christianity. Just to know ๐Ÿ˜Š
Mitchy (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
Oh my god in I just freaked out. He is like just standing there in front of you and you don't crap your pants? What can I say I mean aren't you freaked out? I...I...would be running away from this house, how can you take it? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Kitkatkatie, I am glad you found the info useful. So many people claim to want opinions & help but really don't want to hear anything except affirmation of their own theories. It is encouraging to find someone who wants to explore all possibilities. With such a level head I am sure you will have success going forward.

Missoceanstuber, where did you get this "truth"? Because your historical information is not just incorrect, it does not even make sense.
KitKatKatie (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
[at] Nysa and [at] Moongrim
Thank you so much! No ones believed me so far so this really helps a lot! ๐Ÿ˜
[at] Nysa I'll probably go get checked out... >_> and the loads of info was really helpful!
[at] Moongrim Thanks so much for the link its been an amazing help! ๐Ÿ˜
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
You ask some good questions. First, are you seeing things? That is a possibility that should be ruled out. The progression of paranoia you describe & visions of an oppressive person behind that feeling fit very well with the symptoms of certain mental illnesses. You should tell your doctor about what you are seeing & feeling & he should refer you to a mental health professional. If these feelings & visions are the result of a chemical imbalance in your brain they will go away with proper treatment. Please understand I am not saying you might be "crazy," simple chemical imbalances can have myriad reasons, even environmental issues. If you are completely honest with the medical professionals & they test you adequately, then say your brain is in perfect balance, you will know there is really someone there. Though doctors rarely say that, they will probably say stress or something like that.

Your second question, if he is real can he hurt you? Opinions differ on that. Some believe that, having no physical form, ghosts/spirits cannot have a physical effect on the world. Others believe that they have some ability to effect the physical world, which is why we see things moving with no apparent cause. Though usually it is assumed their ability to "touch" is limited, possibly because it takes a great deal of energy to produce even a small physical effect. Whether it can physically harm you or not he is making you uncomfortable. Folklore is chock-full of ways to drive & keep such things away from you, and the "folk" were pretty smart. ๐Ÿ˜‰ A little googling will give you many options if you decide to try them.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
IT's semi-real. But there are ways to protect yourself.

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: