You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: St. Augustine

Real Ghost Stories

St. Augustine

 

After seeing Ghost Hunters St Augustine's episode, I decided to plan a two day vacation to St Augustine and try to see for myself. It was my first time there and decided to explore the oldest city in America. I visited the usual tourist attractions like the Fort and the old Augustine. I also looked into the ghost tours. After asking a couple of store vendors which one to take, they pointed me to the Lighthouse and the old jail trolley tour.

The trolley tour was ok but I felt it was more designed for a younger crowd. I did like the stories but unfortunately, I didn't experience any paranomal activity.

So I called it a night and went back to my hotel room. The hotel was the Holiday Inn Express and was about 5 miles from downtown. I took a shower and went to bed. I woke up around 3:45 am to use the bathroom.

When I got up out of bed, I noticed my sneakers were moved to the middle of the room and were next to each other facing opposite directions! I was in awe and got chills because those same sneakers were in a corner when I kicked them off 4 hours earlier. So you know now I can't sleep lol. I decided to take photos around the room to try to catch anything but caught nothing. I turned on the tv and began channel surfing. A hour or so passed and I fell asleep.

Around 5am I woke up again sweating and I couldn't move. I felt like something was pushing on me. I couldn't move my arms or get out of the bed. This went on for about 10-15 minutes. Now I'm freaked out so I left my room and purchased a soda at the vending area. I did not want to go back but I had to collect my things. I went back grabbed my things and checked out. When I was at the front desk, I proceeded to tell my story.

The clerk told me that they had an incident a week ago. It was in a different room. She said that her coworker went to a room to change out an older clock. She brought in a new one, placed it on the wall and the hands on the dial kept spinning out of control. This happened two more times with different clocks.

In conclussion, save your money from the trolley tour and stay at the Holiday Inn Express (room 201)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lawrence, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jonnalq (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
I was so glad to have found your story. A friend of mine and I stayed at this hotel on Monday night and had some strange experiences of our own. Nothing quite so extreme, but we kept hearing what sounded like a key card being entered repeatedly and off and on all through the night. There was also some knocking/hitting on the wall and the TV was acting up, returning to the channel guide on its own and it flickered on and off by itself a few times. We kept dismissing these things, but the next day I just had to see if I could find anything and came across your story. And when I came to the end and saw the room number, my jaw nearly hit the floor. We were not in room 201, but room 301... Just one floor above you!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Cristine, Don't you that you are kind of harsh here? So what if the author watched a paranormal show? The author just wanted to check this place out to see if they experienced anything in the same place. The author mentioned their own experience. It is up to each one of us to believe it or not but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. If the author really wanted to tell tall tales, then the author would and could have easily just repeat stuff that happened on the show.
peter1589 (1 stories) (10 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
A city named for a Catholic saint seems to require a Catholic solution. I would sprinkle holy water around the room and pray the St. Michael chaplet under those circumstances. Sounds like a damned angel playing with your mind and ignorance of Catholic dogma. See olrl.org. God bless you.

This comment from Cristine is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
Because if we were not humans we wouldn't be so wierd plus we wouldn't want to know what really happened at the past and we would be okay with the littlest things. Since we are humans and we want to investigate the paranormmal world, here we are from different countries and beliefs which don't allow me to give you the simplest solution. Great story, thanks for sharing.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Typical. Reminds me of the time we were in Costa Rica and drove all over town searching because we wanted to see some howler monkeys. Eventually, unsuccessful and exhausted, we returned to our hotel and were sitting on the patio enjoying a cold beer when we heard hollering and looked up to see dozens and dozens of howler monkeys in the trees right next to our patio. There's another recent story about slippers being moved, and I suggested the possibility of a spatial vortex. However, I don't think that would account the sleep-paralysis-like incident. I have experienced a feeling that the matress is being compressed near me, like someone is pressing on it or a small pet is walking on it, but never felt pressure on my person (thank goodness). It could be sleep paralysis, or maybe this is a genuine haunting. Hard to say without more data - all you ghost hunters out there get yourselves to the Holiday Inn - St. Augustine stat!
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
I think the shoe thing is that you are supposed to point your shoes toward the door so that spirits can find their way out, and will not be stuck in the room to bother you. This is an old wives tale that I am sure my grandmother told me, so there of course is not scientific reasoning behind it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Thank you for sharing. I do have a question however... The position of the shoes is what has me wondering something... Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... Placeing shoes in the manner Lawrence has described...isn't that a way to prevent spirits from messing with you... Something about them beingplaced in such a manner confuses them and they do not enter the room, or at least do not 'cross the line' so to speak.

Respectfully,

Rook
LaLaGurl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Omg My grandma lives in St Augustine! It's so much fun especially when you're trying to get paranormal activity. Some good places are the Ripley's Museum, Jail, Forts, Medicine store and anywhere else that has something to do with DEATH! O.O
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Speaking of ghosts, someone is eating my comments!

I mentioned earlier - only it did not post - that some ghosts seem to have a thing for shoes. Do they view shoes as a means of traveling to another place, or do they have a fetish?
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Thanks for sharing your story. Very interesting. And also thanks for the tip.

I wonder what happened in room 201...

Lol 😉

Looney.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: