You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Pink Man In The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Pink Man In The Bedroom

 

I hope anybody will be able to help explain these strange happenings.

Around the year of 2003, my Brother Alfie was 3 years of age and was sitting on the top of the stairs of our house. All of the family: Mum (Wendy), Dad (Barrie) and Me (Sister, Mollie) was sitting downstairs, watching a film one night.

We noticed that Alfie seemed to be talking to himself, so my dad called up to him and asked who he was speaking to... He replied "The man in Mollie's room". Well of course there was nobody else up stairs at the time. So my dad went to investigate... There was nobody there.

My dad told Alfie to come down stairs and tell him what he was like. Alfie said "He was a big man, he was very friendly, had pink clothes on and big boots". My father then asked him to show him where he had seen the man.

My brother led him to my PINK bedroom; pointed at the wall and said "He's there! Look". Barrie looked but didn't see anything; he put it down to Alfie's very creative imagination and the fact that he was only young.

Later that night all of the family including both of the dogs and cats were downstairs. It was silent as my dad had paused the television because he thought he had heard a strange kind of whispering noise coming from upstairs, although all of the windows and doors were shut in the house.

A few minutes later we all heard something walking down the stairs. It definitely had two feet and sounded as if it was wearing heavy work boots. As we turned around to look at the stairs we heard mumbling again.

I am now 21 and this was the last encounter of strange activity until early this year: I and my mum had both had something brush up against our hands, and when we turned around there wasn't anything or anyone in sight.

There were also black and white lights being seen in certain rooms in the house by friends and family, not only us. Also strange human-shaped shadows have been seen to walk down the hallway between mine and Alfie's bedroom.

I hope any comments can help to explain these experiences.

Thank You.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BUNbrunette13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
if that's all the ghost did its because he wants to be noticed I have only had one ghost expeirence but it only happened once so I knew that it just wanted to let me know "we are here" 🤔
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
There are a couple of reasons in my opinion as to why children can see the spiritual realm a lot easier than those who are at an older age like us adults... There is scientific evidence to suggest that children do have higher delta wave brain patterns at a very young age which suggest to me that children are relying and functioning more sub consciously and instinctively from birth until around about 3 where their intelligence starts to take form and so too where they start thinking more consciously... Some or most children at this age and under can not distinct all that well between the living and the dead... Which also gives a ghost a chance to communicate with a child knowingly that the child has no fear of them and fear usually is a big deterrent for especially deceased loved ones pushing for communication... Just from another point of observation 70 percent of the stories here from the adult age all happen around waking and falling off to sleep... And it is also around this time in adults that the delta waves are at their highest... So basically in my opinion our sub concious is our spiritual consciousness and children start out their lives with more spiritual conception... I also suspect that due to the nature of gifted people some children continue on with these higher delta readings and those group are usually what we now know as physics and mediums... Edgar Cayce was one of the best could communicate and make predictions from his sleep, I can only imagine what the delta waves where reading when he was transcribing his visions?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
That would be disappointing, if someone simply saw that people often agree with Rook & chose to signal disagreement out of spite. I hope that was not metanormalcom's motivation.
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
Mr,Ms
...
BUNbrunette,your story makes sence now... 😲...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
True, that is what they are meant to communicate, dissatisfaction with another's comment. And if that had been the stated reason, I wouldn't bother.
We see what was posted differently from each other, that's all.
THe statement:
"I voted you down. Can't somewone in here dissagree with you at once?"

I understood that to mean the reason for the negative vote was not that Rook's comment was anything the poster disagreed with. But that the poster merely had a desire to see Rook get voted down. Like burning ants with a magnifying glass. The ants weren't hurting anyone, the person burning them merely wanted to do it.

And for the record, I never actually voted the poster down. I am against that kind of pettiness myself, it makes what we try to do here look like a competition. When folks volunteer their time to help others, that sort of treatment is just bad form.

Jav
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
I don't think that is abuse of the system, the point of taking points is saying I disagree with what you said. I can't imagine why metanormalcom would disagree with Rook asking for Christine's source of information, but apparently s/he did.

In my opinion metanormalcom you acted appropriately, I just wanted to make a dissenting voice heard on that. Though I also want to make clear that I think Rook's request was very appropriate.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
metanormalcom,
Sorry dear, but I had to vote you down. Not because you had voted Rook down, he's fully capable of handling his own situations. The reason I voted you down was because you, by your own admission, abused the voting system by voting someone down without cause. You then committed a flagrant foul by spiking the ball in the end zone.
metanormalcom (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Mr,Ms Rook

I voted you down. 😳 Can't somewone in here dissagree with you at once? 😜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
I ask a simple question because I do not understand something and get voted down? Come on people you nice folks are better than that... Unless it was Cristine who did so, but my question still stands... You state you are 'gifted' you 'advise' people as if you have wonderful sources of information and I am always looking to expand my knowledge base... So please Cristine could you provide a link or maybe a book title so that I may do some research into these 'points' you keep speaking of...

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
Cristine,

"The more paranormal activity that you have in your environment almost always indicates more than one spiritual entity. Second, black orbs do not always repersent evil as many people equate them to be---that is a myth. A black orb means that the spirit had died through some sort of tragedy, either accidental, homicidal, including suicide, and medical viruses/diseases. Thirdly, ghosts can travel long or short distances with incredible moving speed, unlike anything that I have seen in an insect or a mammal."

Would you please share the source (s) of the information you have shared in the quote above... I for one am very curious as to where you get your information from and invite you to share your sources with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Cristine (41 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
The more paranormal activity that you have in your environment almost always indicates more than one spiritual entity. Second, black orbs do not always repersent evil as many people equate them to be---that is a myth. A black orb means that the spirit had died through some sort of tragedy, either accidental, homicidal, including suicide, and medical viruses/diseases. Thirdly, ghosts can travel long or short distances with incredible moving speed, unlike anything that I have seen in an insect or a mammal. They do not have to be a "part" of the house or place that is haunted. They may not have any relationship to it.
What is happening is that these entities "feed" off of living peoples fear and so they tend to break the ice quite suddenly especially when you are pretty much alone. Over time it makes you felt that you are going crazy.
What you need to do is recognize the fact that they are there by saying to them that the noise is bothersome "Stop it!"

You can ignore them by placing a blanket over your head and you can also talk to yourself knowing that they are there.

Ghosts are very crafty and clever beings that can manipulate the physical environment to make all kinds of unusual and familar sounds. Again, this is n't an absolute reckoning that your ghost wears boots.

I have been studing the paranormal since the early 1980's and am a 38 year old, multiple-talented psychic/medium.I currently reside with two of them and others that stop on in. They will also attract each other in to a domain or residence, like a meeting place, they hang out and chat.
😊
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
Please do mail me with the mail you'll se at my profile because I have to give you the meanings and symbolisms of your story, If you do want of course.
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
Your story needs a big investgation,it's seems like it's symbolic.
GhostlyRose12 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Very strange, is there any history in your house or around the area about cowboys? (not like a cartoon)...
And by chance is there any way your brother can talk to the dead?
Thanks,
Maddie ❤
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Could be a residual haunt, and the footsteps on the stairs could be phantom noise. I think some places can be "active" (i.e. Areas of high energy) without necessarily being "haunted" in the traditional sense. That said, it depends whether your brother was having a conversation with the pink ghost or just talking at him. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like it means you any harm. Just sharing your space, I guess.
pebhmoob (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Interesting story... My families, we believes that children at a young age that have not lost their very first tooth are able to see ghosts or spirits. If your baby brother sees it during that time... It must be... Before my niece and nephew lost their first tooth... They would see spirits in their house... My niece told my sister that she sees a ghost that hang itself in the diner room... It scares my sisters but she didn't let it bother her until one day she keep hearing things going within the house... She called my parents and we have a shaman to come over to her house to take the spirits out of the house... Ever since then... She no longer hears it.
BUNbrunette13 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
A person that lived in this house many, many years ago was decorating next door, fell off the ladder and died. My mum had a man come round who tested the electrical interference and said it wasn't that, he did something where he held my mums hand and asked for the spirit to come forward. He said that it was a woman and that she agreed to go to the other side but my mum always feels that it was a man. And she had also heard a mans voice through my brothers baby intercom system when he was younger. Nothing happened for years after that until more recently when we had started seeing things and touching hands. I hope that will also help for your theory of what happened. 😁

Thanks for commenting, Mollie. ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
What is interesting about this experience is that your entire family was involved. I think your spirit could have been a previous habitant of the house or the property. He probably did wear boots... As for the pink, maybe your brother being only three years old, saw the ghost shadow and the pink walls blended in. Or could be the man believes in the old adage of "real men wear pink". 😊 Anyway, this is a very interesting story and I am wondering if you were the first owners of the house?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: