You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Hi Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Hi Grandpa

 

First a little history, my Grandpa died before I was ever born so I never got to meet him.

I've told in my previous account what happened to me at my parents' house, I became aware of this occurrence around the same time. As a lot of people do, I used to stay over at my Grandma's a lot, at least on the weekends the other Grandma didn't snatch me up in a part wanting to visit/part selfish pique (as confirmed by both my Dad and Mom).

During these visits, everything would be quiet even after Grandma went to bed until I'd go to bed also. At that point, I'd hear footsteps from the front door, they'd pause for a second as if taking off a coat, checking mail, or any of the other myriad things that one does when first getting home. After the pause, the steps would continue through the kitchen into the hall between the two bedrooms.

At that point, I'd get a strong feeling of being looked over, not angrily, but more as if someone was making sure everything was alright, and then feel the same presence look into Grandma's room. I always had a strong feeling this was my Grandpa and despite not meeting in life, he knew who I was and cared deeply.

I know that this sounds residual, but there is one small detail that makes me think it was intelligent. After my Grandma's passing, I finally told Mom about it. Mom doesn't believe in the paranormal, stubbornly disbelieves in fact, but told me something Grandma used to used to tell her. Grandma, another person who didn't believe in ghosts, always used to say that she would feel Grandpa getting into bed beside her at night.

Again this could sound residual except for one detail, after Grandpa's passing, Grandma started sleeping on the side of the bed that he used to, and the feeling was never laying on her but beside her on the side of the bed that she used to sleep on.

Other hauntings by teneki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, teneki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
wow that is a really sweet story. I hope that you keep feeling your granpa and now your grandma.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
teneki got to say loved the post!
So sweet thinking of grandpa checking on you and your grandma and agree it could not be a residual as like you say he changed sides in bed when your grandma did.
Thanks for sharing,
Carl
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
Yeah, it's funny, what with him watching over us back then until Grandma passed away, I rarely felt threatened at all. This from a country boy visiting a house in a part of town that was very crime ridden.
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
I think your grandad is making sure your safe and wants you and your nan to feel safe
Argette (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
What a sweet story, and I don't mean that in anything other than a very complimentary way. I think it was Grandpa. You and your grandfather just perceived him differently. How very touching. How comforting for Grandma, too!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: