You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who Called?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Called?

 

My first story "Paranormal's beginning... For me" was published, so I decided to share another very strange experience that my daughter and I had at our first home.

I must explain a bit first, for this to make sense. I was dating a guy for a while who would call me at all hours of the night. Which really started to get old fast. I started putting my phone on silent at night, but when my grandfather got hospitalized I wanted to know if my mom called me in the night with news of his condition. I got so frustrated when my boyfriend called at 2 a.m. & I shoved my phone under my pillow in protest.

The next morning my daughter and I left the house for work and school, repsectively. I was just a short way down the road when I realized I didn't have my cell phone with me so we went back to get it. That's when I remembered putting it under my pillow.

I had her stay in the car since I was just going to run in and right back out. When I opened the back door (which leads into the kitchen), I heard a man & woman talking loudly in the house, but I could not make out any words. It was like they were mummbling. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen drawer and began creeping through the house. The talking went on for 8-10 seconds still. I assumed that someone had seen us leave the house and had broken in the front door to rob us. I couldn't call for help since my cell was still...well...under my pillow. I checked closets, behind doors, in the shower, under beds and no one was there. All of the door and windows were still locked up. I chalked it up to losing my marbles.

I got my cell and saw that I had a missed call from my mom. I called her back and said, "hey I just saw where I missed a call from you, is papaw ok?" (papaw is my grandfather who was in the hospital at this time). She said, "yes, he's ok. I was just calling you back from when you called me a few minutes ago." I said, "mom, I didn't call you". She said,"yes you did! Remember? You called, I answered and then I couldn't hear you. I could just hear a man and woman talking. I figured the lines were crossed so I hung up, gave it a few minutes to clear the line and then called you back & then you didn't answer". Since I didn't want my mom to think I was nuts I just said, "oh yeah. Ok. Well, I'll call you back later." But I hadn't even been with my phone at the time that she said I first called. I have no logical explanation for it, but I wonder if the man and woman she heard talking on the phone were the same ones I heard in the house?

Other hauntings by tsmiti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tsmiti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
if that only happened when you were gone then they might just want you to know that they are there if they havnt botherd you sense then they just want to mind there own buisness and let you live your life but if they keep bothering you then they want you to be scared and want you to know that you are no alone 😐
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
Well,can you remember having a conversation like this in the past?
tsmiti (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Thanks for all of your comments/interest/ideas! It still has me puzzled, too Nysa!
To metanormalcom, the voices both sounded to be maybe middle-aged ppl. It did not seem to be an argument. Just a conversation. After I opened the door, they kept talking for several more seconds. I remember as I crept to the kitchen knife drawer I was still hearing them and then they suddenly stopped.
To Argette, I wondered also if maybe it had been a conversation that had taken place sometime in the past and may have been "ingrained" in the house. I guess that might be like a "residual haunting?"
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
There is a chance the incidents were unrelated, but I don't think so, somehow.

Maybe walls really can talk - maybe they can "record" past conversations and play them back for receptive residents - or callers on cell phones. The call could be a fluke, but the conversation? Somehow I don't think so.

Like Nysa, I am puzzling this one out.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
The connection with the cell phone interests me. I can't quite get my head around how it played a role, but this one still has me thinking.
metanormalcom (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
Mr,Ms tsmiti

Your story made me thrill. Answer me those question's if you want of course:
1) The woman's voice was soft like a young (28) lady's voice?
2) Was the man and woman arguing or were they talking nicely?
3) When you walked in to look the house, did they react? Like they'r voices talking slowly or stoped the talking?
Thank you for sharing this great story.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-26)
I have had this experience, well, not the phone part, but the part about hearing mumbling in my house. Never did figure it out.

How could your phone pick the conversation up when it was under your pillow?

Coincidence? Cell phones do bizarre things. My brother's phone calls me when he doesn't make the call.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: