You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Old Hag Got Me Too

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Hag Got Me Too

 

If someone I knew confided in me what I am about to write, I would have thought they were crazy, or at least making things up. Don't get me wrong. I have had several minor unexplainable moments in my life that could be described as paranormal. But I have always wanted to logically explain something I experienced.

I have lived in this home now for over 6 years and once while I was outside in the backyard digging, I had the sensation of someone or something bump into me while I was bent over. I don't mean lightly either. I mean something bumped my hip and nearly knocked me over. I looked around and since nobody was home and there was nobody around I just chuckled and brushed it off.

On another occasion I was watching TV in my recliner in the basement and I got the sensation that something poked me just under my right eye. It didn't seem malicious, just prank-ish and juvenile. Nobody else was in the room and I must have looked funny waving my hand furiously in front of my face trying to shoo off whatever it was, but again I just shrugged it off.

A couple of months ago I was taking a nap in the recliner and I awakened to the sensation of something seductively sucking on my neck swirling its warm tongue around. The sensation was unmistakable. But I shrugged that off too. Dream? Perhaps.

I do believe in the possibility of paranormal stuff, but I have to see it with my own eyes to believe it. What happened to me last night changed my mind about a few things.

Last night I drifted off to sleep in the same recliner in the basement. It was a normal day at work. The only thing out of the normal from my evening routine is that me and my family went out to pick up our Christmas tree. I drifted off to sleep around 11pm.

Very suddenly at 2:34 am I was abruptly awakened by the sensation of a warm and heavy wave sweeping over my body and underneath me. It was heavy like a lead blanket. It didn't hurt and was quite comfortable at first, but I could feel the tremendous heft on my body and especially my chest. My arms and legs were too heavy to lift up and almost immediately I was confronted with a small person about the size of a child straddling my torso. The figure was dark and shadowy like the smoke monster from Lost. There was no defining shapes. I couldn't make out things like hair or ears or shoulders. It was just a black figure.

I immediately sensed that it was a female by her throaty growl that sounded something like a older female smoker combined with wheezing and the heavy breathing like a horse breathing through its nose. The heavy breathing was loud and alarming. This thing had me pinned and it seemed to be dominating me or trying to own me. I wasn't scared though. I was more angry, or at least determined to get her the hell off of me.

I shouted the words repeatedly, "Get off of me! Get off of me!" I soon realized that those words never left my mouth, they were just in my head but she looked right into me like she heard me. She squirmed as I struggled to free myself and I finally wrestled myself free enough to sit up.

The woman was gone. Just like that. The TV was on with the volume down low. The time was 2:34 on the DVR. It was some cooking show playing on the TV, so my first inclination was I was dreaming and it was influenced by what was on TV. But Julia Child wouldn't inspire this.

I sat there trying to take stock of what just happened. My whole body felt like static electricity moving all over my body. It felt as though there were hands underneath me and on top rubbing me all over. This sensation lasted for several minutes. I never remember dreams and they are never vivid like this. This was so real to me. There is no doubt in my mind.

I have heard of the Old Hag stories before but I always dismissed them. No longer. This is something that once I experienced it first hand I won't doubt anybody else's experience with this. I hope I don't experience it again, but I am not really sure what to do to prevent it, or how I should better deal with it next time. Hopefully there is no next time.

Other hauntings by devildogx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, devildogx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-27)
Dear devildogx,
I would request you to consider the case of sleep-paralysis for the second incident.
Please watch this video for more information:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4";

Regards
WhatDimensionRUFrom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
I am brand new to this site and made one comment on another story but I have been reading here extensively for several days. I must say, your story struck fear in my heart and my alarm bells were going off throughout my reading of your account. Not only do I feel like it is a very believable situation, I also feel it is terrifying. I don't know how anyone could go through anything like this and not be petrified. I am so curious whether this entity or ones like it could actually make you feel less afraid than you would usually have been? I know some love to invoke fear but I wonder whether for their own reasons (more compliance, etc) they could give you a sense of calm? My first thought would be demon and I am so surprised that there aren't a lot more comments on this story. I see it is rather old and would love to know if tyouve done anything about trying to eliminate the possibility of this happening again? I don't know how you are being so laid back about it- I woulk FREAK OUT! Lol. Good luck!
devildogx (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Some of you say it is a succubi, but if it is sexual, about the only indication is the hands running over my body. Even then, nothing groped me or even touched my genitals at all. Otherwise what happened to me was a classic hag attack. I have been trying to see if the two are linked, but it appears hag attacks and succubi are two different things. The small lady perched on my chest sure didn't seem seductive. I have been touched a few times as I described in my story, but never in a sexual manner. I have not had a revisit, but still lots of little things going on that make me want to believe I am not alone in the room.
Zanator (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
Not a hag, more like a charming succubi... Dominant litlte beasts, they are famed seducers... Sex of your life, and probably the last since you lose your soul afterwards...
aiafaith1 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Normally I don't think about demons first, but this does sound a little like a demon. If it continues to disturb you, get help. Like a priest or something. You don't want this to keep bothering you.

AF1 ❤
JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
It is typical demonic harassment, boardering on oppression. I respectfully recommend try saying (or just thinking if you're unable to speak - because thought has substance) 'Jesus and Mary help me'. See if this engenders a strong reaction. It will work on the demonic, if my hunch is correct. Hang in there - you're not crazy and I'll pray for you. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
TRENTON84 (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
Probably a succubis... 😨 who knows just be careful! They might hurt you seriously they will get you when you don't see it coming!
dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
OOOOOOHHHH...lol that makes a lot more sense. Sorry. 😳 I was wondering about that...
devildogx (2 stories) (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
dogboy, I was digging in my backyard because it is my garden. I don't recall what I was specifically doing, but I was probably breaking up the clay and amending it with topsoil and compost. I was bent over probably picking out a large rock when something quite forcefully bumped me. Since I was bent over at the time I nearly fell over. If nothing else it was a very weird moment. I would liken the sensation to bumping hips or butts in 70s disco dancing.
dogboy114 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
IDK about the first part of the story, you were just randomly digging in your back yard? There is also a sleep disorder called "The Old Hag Syndrome" and what you said sounds a LOT like it...
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Succubis or incubus maybe... If so I believe them to be demonic but who knows? Either way, I recommend prayers to the christian God for help, guidance and protection. Freaky story. Thanks and good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: