You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Shadow Man And Green Orb

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man And Green Orb

 

When I grew older at age 14, my uncle Tuffy and aunt Diane came to live with us for a little bit over the summer. (by this time my sisters and older brother had moved out) When they began living with us, during broad day light my mom, lil bro and I saw little white flashes of light throughout the house-it was almost like they brought out more spirits or something? It didn't stop there. The computer would come out of sleep mode by itself when we put it in sleep mode or even on the screen saver!

And since it was summer time, my lil bro and I slept in my moms room in her bed with her. (we always did this). My mom always slept with her bathroom light on as a night light for us to see to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Well, one night she forgot to leave it on and I woke up about 3am and I saw a really scary green orb figure in the corner of her bedroom on her side of the bed! It was close to the ceiling though. I was so scared I couldn't move.

I finally fell back asleep and the nextday I told my mom about it but she acted like she didn't believe me. Well later it followed me to my dad's house and (me and my bro shared a room there too) I woke up around the same time because the tv shut off by itself (because we heard voices over there too so we always used the tv as a nightlight) and there it was! But it was in front of me next to the light switch! Again I couldn't move! I started crying and I layed in bed facing towards the tv until the sun started to rise. I didn't know until the sun came up that my bro had seen the same thing.

SO again I told my mom and this time I told my dad and again same reaction...-___- Well days passed and we were at my moms again and in her room again. In the middle of the night, shortly after she had turned off her bedroom light SHE saw the green orb! My bro and I were awake with her! It was soooo close to us! My bro and I were scared and so my mom definitely believed us then and she tried to turn on her desk lamp (which was where she was) and she couldn't reach it! It was supposed to be right there but the thing wouldn't let her turn on the light! And so she told it, "You better quit it!" And she got out of bed and turned on her bedroom light and the orb was gone and her desk lamp was in the spot it was SUPPOSED to be in. Mom comforted us and then turned out the light and had her bathroom light on.

More days passed and I again awoke at 3am. (uncle and aunt still living there but they were staying in the game room still) What I then saw, was the most terrifying thing I have EVER seen so far at that time... Oh my Lord. I saw this dark figure, black as night, EXTREMELY tall-about 6 foot-the shadow of a man! I immediately froze up and couldn't scream! He was standing DIRECTLY in front of the bathroom light and absolutely NO light was showing through him! It was like he was a person! And he had no eyes-I couldn't see any facial appearance or clothing at all! He was skinny and he paced slowly about my mothers room. The next day I told my mom and she again acted like she didn't believe me. I nicknamed him the Shadow Man.

Well, he followed her to my dad's house one weekend and stood directly beside her and told her, "get up you're going to be late for work!" in a voice that sounded exactly like my fathers. And she got up not really thinking it was 3am and the weekend and she DIDN'T have work that day. So she got up and he disappeared (she didn't realize he did-she thought he was my dad and that he had gone into the living room) and she went into the living room for coffee but there weren't any lights on and she looked at the clock and said to herself, "wait a minute. Somethin' ain't right here..." And she went back into the bedroom and my dad was fast asleep! So she laid back down beside him and confronted him when morning came and he said he had no idea what she was talking about.

So, when we went back to my moms house for almost every night for the rest of the summer I would awake to see the shadow man and be frozen. The most scariest night with the shadow man was when I awoke to him bending OVER my mother and looking AT ME! SO SCARY! My God!

Uncle Tuffy and Aunt Diane finally got a place of their own again and I stopped seeing the white light. The voices and footsteps stayed and my bro and I slept in our room again with our nightlight.

Since the time when the orb followed us to our dads house, my bro and I vowed to sleep in the living room from then on over there. And I have woken up to voices at my dads house too.

Other hauntings by 8baw

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 8baw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

8baw (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
To truth_seeker, It is prety darn freaky! The only people who know that they are not fiction are people like us who have gone through these spiritual battles.

It also upsets me about how many people joke around and say, "oh that's such a lie. Ghosts and Demons don't exist". Well, I have news for them. Go out and buy an Ouija board and see for yourself. Better yet, since money is hard nowadays, MAKE one from paper and card board. And you can use a shot glass as the little cursor-thing. When the first Paranormal Activity Movie came out, I thought it was real and I thought to myself, "Finally someone had enough footage to show to the public." -Only to later find out it was a lie... The movie The Exorcist really happened though. It happened to a little boy instead of a little girl. And the very first Amity Ville Horror movie was based on true events.

To raggedwolf, my family and I ended up ok. They never physically harmed us. However, at my best friend Kayla's (also on here) that was the only time I had real physical activity that tried to harm me.

To terri_fied and ghostly94, thanks! ^u^ I have tried to find the history of my mom's but all I could find is that it was built on a cow pasture.
truth_seeker (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
NICE story. Glad I haven't experienced anything like this I would've totally freaked out especially 'it' bending towards you thing.
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
cool story, hope you are ok? I would be freaked out if that yto me. Especially with the lamp that was moved...
terri_fied (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Oh Wow! You should write a book on that and KaylA'S HOuse! I would totally buy it! You could search the history of the house on the internet.

Love and Luck
Jess (terri_fied)
❤ ❤ ❤
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Freaky really but it hasn't hurt anyone so maybe it just wants to make it's presence known. You could also search the history of the houses on the internet.
Ghostly94 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: