You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Things Happening In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Happening In My House

 

Lately in my house there have been some strange things happening. When I mean strange I mean things that I can't explain. One thing that happened was: It was early in the morning and I was just waking up. MY mum was up already I could here her talking to my brother in the lounge room. Talking really loud so I was awake. I got up out of bed and headed for the shower... But surprise surprise my brother ran in their before me. So I waited in the lounge room for the next shower.

Anyway, when my brother was getting out of the shower he started banging on the bathroom and turning the door handle to try and get out. He started yelling at us to let go of the door handle. We were no where near it. I could hear him and see him unlocking the door then, trying to open it but for some reason he couldn't open it. After about a minute or so he opened the door real angrily and blamed us for holding the door shut. We told him it wasn't us. Then he said well it felt like someone was holding the door shut with so much strength so he couldn't get out.

The next thing happened the same day. I was in my room watching DVDs and everyone else was in their room because it was late at night and we were getting ready for bed. All of a sudden there was a loud crashing sound out in the lounge room. We all ran out of our rooms to see what it was. On the wall of our lounge room is a very old picture my mum has had for years before I was born. It had fell off the wall and crashed to the floor. The nail it was hanging up on was still on the wall. I couldn't get back to sleep after that for a while.

Other hauntings by Crissangelfan22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crissangelfan22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
I think that the door mite have been sticking but then again the boy should not have had to use all his strenth to open it. As far as the picture if it has hug there for a long time without falling and no vehicle like a truck was driving by it could very well have been a ghost, I have had the cover to a smoke detecter come out strait out as if someone pulled it off then it fell srait down to the floor right in front of my eyes! While on the phone! Just say Hey you scared the hell out of me don't do that again make sure you say it with conviction that should work. Wish you the best Crecentblue03
Crissangelfan22 (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
no I appreciate your side of it rock... I am open to all sides of what this could be:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
I do not want to be a 'bubble buster' but these two experiences may be unrelated and could possibly have non paranormal explanations...

The door jam for the bathroom may have swollen with humidity and caused the door to stick... Making it hard to open...

The picture... I know you said the nail was still in the wall... Was it bent? Had the picture been moved recently for cleaning if so did it hang by a wire or was it hung by the nail fitting into a 'slot' on the back of the picture? Either way... If the picture had been moved or taken down perhaps it had not been hung back up correctly...

So by these two experiences I would have to say 'non-paranormal'...what else has happened because a Poltergeist can be the cause of things like you have described... But with-out clear 'evidence' it is my opinion that this is 'non-paranormal'.

Respectfully,

Rook
Crissangelfan22 (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
ummm [at] metanormalcom he hardly watches horror movies y is that?
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Hm... You may have a polterguiest on your hands! Try saying a prayer or asking it to leave. If that dosent work... Then blessing th house is always an option! 😕
aiafaith1 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Two things could be possible here.

1) The doorknob was just jammed and wouldn't open.

Or

2) You have a poltergeist, my friend. Don't worry, they won't harm you. They just like to have fun and mess around. You do have the authority to kick it out of your house though. Say a prayer, and tell it that it has to leave immediately.

Hope I helped. 😊

AF1 ❤
metanormalcom (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
*Well,your brother ever watched a paranormal horror movie?

I have a reason to ask this.
Thanks for sharing.
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
ahha well this is embarrassing... I'm not the first comment! Oooppppsss! Good luck again on the whole ghost thing! 😳 sorry about that! 😳

-ghostlover6678 ❤
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Well first of all... WOOHOO FIRST COMMENT! Sorry I had to do that 😳
Moving on...Crissanglefan22, your story was interest. I actually found it quite chilling when I read about the whole bathroom door incident! Hahaha, that may have been due to the fact that I was home alone, and it was quite dark outside!

I enjoyed reading it. I actually often hear and read about pictures crashing onto the ground, only to see that the nail that it once hung from is still firmly in the wall, just try and ignore the ghost, or maybe even communicate with it. But don't make it mad... Been there done that!

GOOD LUCK! GOD BLESS! XxXx

-ghostlover6678 ❤ ❤
destyni (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
i agree it just wants to let you know we are here your not alone
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
It could be a poltergeist or maybe a lost relative letting you know their there.
Ghostly94 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: