You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Kayla's House

Real Ghost Stories

Kayla's House

 

My best friend Kayla used to live in this 3 bed/2 bath house near my mom's house (this was 2 years ago now). It was an old house and looked a little creepy on the outside. Her house was haunted like my mom's. Well both of her parents argue a lot, smoke, and drink. Her mom knew that there were spirits in the house but her mom convinced herself that they were good. Kayla had a lot of experiences with the poltergeist there. But every time she told her parents they acted like they never believed her. Like, she had her lamp turn on and off by itself; always feels like someone was watching her; cold chills randomly; She saw a dark figure in the kitchen late at night; voices calling her name. Her mom had very few encounters... Which made her not believe so much.

I was staying the night with her like usual and we had just gotten done watching a movie in her bedroom. Kayla's parents were already asleep. And it was late-11pm and so we were heading to bed. Her ceiling fan sits DIRECTLY above the foot of her bed and was always on low and her dad told her to NEVER turn it on high otherwise it would fall out of the ceiling because he hadn't had time to fix it just yet.

Well she always sleeps in pitch darkness and there is a mirror that sits above her dresser across from her bed on the left side. I was going to sleep on the left side and Kayla was going to sleep on the right side. There is a small desk with a clock on it on Kayla's side of the bed. Her tv sits on the entertainment center across from the foot of her bed.

We went to sleep and I was facing towards the mirror. Well we both woke up at 4am to a loud rocking noise and yelled "AHHH! What is that?!" in the middle of the night at the same time! As soon as I opened my eyes when I awoke, I was facing towards the mirror and IN THE MIRROR I saw a dark figure shaped like a person standing directly by my feet under the ceiling fan string. And I DID NOT see the entity outside of the mirror. (Its image was just physically visible in the mirror.) I turned over immediately and saw white light near Kayla's tv and I looked up and said, "EEP! Its the ceiling fan!" Kayla jumped out of bed saying, "I KNOW!"-as soon as she got up the dark figure ran passed the mirror- and Kayla ran to turn off her ceiling fan. We were still in the dark and I'm surprised her parents didn't wake up because we were loud and so was that fan. And we were so scared!

I put the covers over my head. And she jumped back in bed with me, put the covers over her head and we squeaked a bit and huddled next to each other. She then looked at me and said, "April... Did you see that white light near the tv?..." And I told her, "Yeh...did you see that-" (she cut me off and we started talking at the same time) -"shadow man run passed the mirror?..." And we both said yes and then squeaked...

We couldn't go back to sleep and so we laid awake under the covers until the sun started to come up through the covers at 6am. When we finally felt safe, we got up and talked about what had happened and then went into the living room when her parents got up. And her dad tried to brush it off like the fan short circuited or something.

Other hauntings by 8baw

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 8baw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

8baw (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Thanks for y'all's concern! I too have heard that a mirror is like a window to the spirit world. However, I don't think that the entity was my own thoughts because Kayla saw it too. She saw and heard everything that I had that morning. Her clock's lighting is red. That was WHITE light near her television in her dark bedroom. It is possible that the spirit got scared too and ran.:/ I still think it was trying to harm us.

Since then, this past summer actually Kayla has moved into an apartment close to my apartments. The spirits have followed her parents... And she has stopped using the sleep timer on her tv and now sleeps with it on all the time because she saw a shadow person standing behind her fan in her bedroom in the middle of the night. We were thinking it was the same shadow person who turned her fan on high that morning. She still hears the spirits call her name and has even had objects go missing and randomly turn up in obvious places. Her mom is beginning to believe her finally. Her dad, still not so much.
pinkyponk123 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
that really sounds scary if I saw that I would run and shout at the figure and tell my mum 😭 😁 😁
dogboy114 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
rebskp, I heard that living people are like ghosts to them and that a mirror is like a window to the spirit world so maybe the ghost saw her in the window and was like "AHHH A GHOST!" and ran away... 😕
rebskp (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
Hey there,

The entity doesn't sound to me like it was bad or anything maybe just curious about the ceiling fan and I agree with the other posters. People say when you look into a mirror its your other self staring back and just maybe it was reflecting your thoughts of the ceiling fan and it running away when you noticed it seems to me like it got scared that you noticed it and who would think a ghost could get scared? They were once people to lol. As for the light that might just be her clock.

Best of luck.
HoppysParanormal (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
Well, It didn't seem like a bad ghost since it ran away. Maybe it was trying to tell you to turn the ceiling fan off or it might fall off the ceiling. How did it get on high though?!
Wolfeyes72206 I don't think it is a bad spirit. Not all spirits are bad - like you presume. I would not fill these girls heads with nonsense.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
I agree with lynrinth. Maybe the ghost was trying to tell you guys that the fan needs fixing! Very creepy. Thanks for sharing. 😊

AF1 ❤
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
i think maybe the spirit was after something and did these horriable things to get your attention seek help and find out what really happened in that house and may God be with you and please do be careful
lynrinth (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Mmmmmm...well, maybe the spirit was trying to tell your friend an urgent message. To tell her father to fix the ceiling fan! And after that experience, no way would I even sleep in the same room!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: