You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Door Opens On Its Own

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Door Opens On Its Own

 

My 9 year old daughter has been having a creepy feeling in my living room for the past 3 months. I recently found some of my grandmother's belongings and decorated my home with them. My grandmother died when I was 17. Today my daughter came running out of my house to her brothers' bus stop telling me that her door opened by itself.

I have felt cold spots in my bedroom before and I have heard someone talking in my room. I also feel as if someone is watching me when I am alone in my house. Once in awhile I will find a light on that I know I have turned off. Can someone please help me find out what is going on in my house.

I have lived in my home since I was 12. I started to hear the voices shortly after my grandmother died. It always sounds as if two people are have a conversation. Also my grandmother died on Christmas day of 1998. My father's mother died when I was 8 and my father's father died when I was 9.

I hear the voices at odd times of the year and it was constant for about six months after my parents moved out of my house. My daughter is also just starting to go through puberty. I don't know if that has anything to do with the activity. My daughter and I have also heard heavy footsteps going up the stairs then stop in the hallway.

I have taken my cell phone and tried recording evp's but have not captured any yet. The heavy footsteps started when I started going back to school, and it only happens at midnight on every Friday the 13th. I do not practice any type of witch craft and I have never used a ouiji board.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DHoward247, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Gut feeling is that its your family members that have passed on. If you don't mind having them around, set some ground rules. If you decide you can't live with it, then I would try to cleanse the house and banish them. No need to be hasty if they are not physically hurting you - not everything is a demon or out to get you. The Friday the 13th is just coincedence/your mind setting up the expectation for something to happen.
awasko (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
I believe the best thing to do is not pay attention to anything that's going on in the house. I'm not saying if your freaked out by a sound disregard it, just check it out and when you find nothing then just treat it like its just that... Nothing. Ghosts seem to stop or mellow out what their doing when you pay less attention to them.
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
Well, there is a town in the area where I grew up that has biker rallies on Friday the 13th, so to be fair, your house could be haunted by bikers.;)

Has anyone aside from you or your daughter experienced any activity?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
You Know these things didn't seem to pose a threat maybe they are your relatives who have passed. Because your daughter is going threw changes. Or because the house has a history maybe they are the ghosts of those who were there before in that case you may keep in mind that they were there long before you and may want to try living peacefully with their presence either you may try looking into both. Wishing you the best
aiafaith1 (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Agreeing with the others here. Friday the 13th isn't anything special. I don't think puberty has anything to do with this either, lol. I think you might have a ghost on your ands. If you want, you can kick it out. Tell it that it has to leave, and say a prayer. This works, and I've done this so many times. Hope I helped.

AF1 ❤
Argette (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
The Friday the 13th date - does it have any significance? If not, I'd say it is either coincidence or someone's idea of a joke.
CDS (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
recording EVP's... Sometimes hard to hear them unless you're trained to find them there may be some there. Basically you put the recording in a audio program and use effects like noise removal and amplification to clean them up.

Try your recorder when you hear the voices...

I can clean your recordings if you so desire...
Contact me at Southern New England Paranormal Society
Http://sneps.freeforums.org/ or http://evpuk.freeforums.org/index.php

You mention your daughter is in puberty, do you see any orbs around her in photographs? If so she may have some spirit guides (especially if she has special needs) Often times this situation causes increased activity.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
I agree with other posters regarding Friday the 13th - there is nothing intrinsically evil or paranormal about this date. If the activity seems to increase on that day it is probably either coincidence or heightened expectation. Also, have you tried removing some of your grandmother's items that you brought into the house? They could be causing paranormal activity, especially the recent episodes with your daughter and by selectively removing them you might be able to isolate whether any of them have spirits attached.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Hi;

Classic, tell tale symptoms of demonic harassment include, but are not necessairly limited to: Cold spots, whisperings (aka magical whisperings), loud steps, bangings, scratchings, - most often at night, and a feeling of being watched, a feeling of heaviness, foul smells and sudden, mostly dark / sinful intrusive thoughts. I have an ugly case in the Bronx, New York, ongoing right now, originating with a voodoo curse. It's a long story, but very similar initial symptoms.

In every such case, I respectfully recommend using Catholic Holy water, especially on the bed and at night, and the use of the phrase (or thought, if unable to speak) "Jesus and Mary help us". That is a good first salvo, but more may well be needed. God bless you; you're in my prayers. If you'd like, feel free to email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com. Hang in there, ok? Happy New Year.
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Uggggghhh it happended again... While I was typing comments were made 😢 Now I'm not the first... Sorry I didn't want people thinking I was an idioit 😳 Please read my other comment it may be helpful... I'm sooooo sorry good luck and god bless (again) ❤

-ghostlover6678
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
First off... WOOOOHOOOO FIRST COMMENT! Hahah sorry I had to do that 😳 Anyways... Interesting story. Your daughter is young, and is going through puberty as you explained. I recently finished going through puberty so I can still remember some activity that went on when I was in the process.

No 1: I found that I could also hear voices, doors would open on there own (like the way you said your daughter had experienced)

No 2: I also found that I could hear footsteps climbing the stairs and the stop at the top, I also heard pots and pans crashing around in the kitchen downstairs.

A few of these still happen but some have stopped, due to the fact that I have finished going through puberty and I changed rooms with my parents. I felt very uneasy and frightened in my former room, it grew to the stage where I had to swap rooms with my parents (as I just explained).

I wrote down each experience I had and crossed out the ones that didn't happen again over time when I was going through changes. I suggest you do the same. Sit your daughter down and get her to write her experiences down on a sheet of paper.

I have a question for you, has your son experienced anything, how old is your son? If he has already gone through puberty and has not experienced anything then maybe you will find it is due to the fact that your daughter is going through some tough changes 😁

I hope I helped you... GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS! 😁

-ghostlover6678
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Hi. A lot of information here. But the one thing that I get from your story is that you are truly concerned about this matter as most people would be. This house seems to be quite old so the creaks and squeeks any house makes, particularly an older home, can easily be mistaken for something else. Have you ever considered the fact that you have some paranormal abilities that allows you to hear certain residual memories in the house or on the property? Just something to think about. I think the Friday the 13th may just be a coincidence. Not sure but good luck to you.

Zeta.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Could your daughter just be reacting towards your feelings about the home? If her door opening was only caused by a draft or air pressure through the home- I could see why a child would react the way she did... But only if she knows your suspicions.
Of course that does not explain your own senses detecting sounds that should not be. Perhaps the whole evp session thing cooked things up around the home- the idea that activity kicks up at midnight on every fri the 13th tells me that you may be working yourself up- along with your children- expecting activity to happen, when it may very well be something like a high emf exposure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: