You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Tall, Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Tall, Dark Figure

 

Most people probably thought that when they were younger there were monsters and ghosts in their basements. Well, me being a typical 5 year old, I thought there where too. I would hear noises in my Basement such as scratching, breathing and footsteps, when I told my mum about this she would just reassure me saying it was just my imagination, but in fact she would hear these things too, she would just not want to creep me out and scare me.

I am still living in the same house as I have all my life, and occasionally I still go down to the basement, maybe to get some stuff out of there, or bring the laundry down or something. In fact, a few weeks ago I remember going down to into the basement, to get the laundry; little did I know that it will be a long lasting memory.

I walked down the basement stairs and I got this uneasy feeling, and I felt as if something was watching me, something evil. I just carried on because this feeling would usually pass after a couple of minutes that I was down there. I started emptying out the laundry into a white basket, and after a couple of minutes the feeling still didn't pass, so I got a bit scared of this and hurried to finish the laundry. As I finished, I turned around to go back upstairs. Standing in front of the steps was a tall dark black figure, I could tell it had this big, evil grin on it's face. It was horrible!

I froze in my spot and screamed, so much my family came rushing down to see what had happened. The evil figure just faded away really quickly as soon as my Dad opened the door to the basement. My family said I was white as a sheet, and quickly brought me upstairs and asked me what had happened. I told them what happened, and my Mum said she saw the exact same thing as she was down there a couple of days ago. I have not seen any of this figure any more, maybe it was just an evil spirit passing by; who knows.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Micha_1998, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

darkfantum (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
was this figure shadow like or 3 dimensional if it is a shadow then these are quite common and won't do anything to hurt or scare you
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
Thanks you everyone for the positive comments, I really appreciate them 😊
I will now answer rookdygin's questions!
1. Well, I could not see the figure grin as it was completely black, but I could definitely sense it. (I am very sensitive to spirits, good or bad)
2. My mother does not remember what time of day she saw this figure too, but can recall that it was night time, and I too saw this figure at night. When I told her how it looked like, she agreed with me so she obviously didn't see any facial features at all, just blackness.
3. When I walked down into the basement, I could definitely feel that "being watched" feeling, but I could definitely tell it was an evil presence as I said in number 1, I am very sensitive to spirits. My mum is also very sensitive to spirits and she believed it was evil aswell. 😐
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Hi and scary story of the basement. I had an experience such as this one but I won't take over your story with my experience... Suffice it to say, I watched a lot of "Dark Shadows" back then. (Yes, I know this dates me). Anyway, just to let you know that maybe this was your mind playing tricks with you because you were quite consumed with the "scary basement". Then again, maybe not. I wouldn't get too worried unless you have more experiences.

Good luck, zeta.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Wow a shadow figure I saw them before, try to think back did you see it smile? Or did you feel it smile you know sense it?. It could have been just passing threw You being there at the exact time it was passing threw was most likely as unexpected to it as you seeing it was unexpected to you. It may or may not have known were it was at that moment even and that people come there from time to time an unexpected run in if you will. Very Intresting!
JimD (431 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Hi;

Feelings of being watched, nightly scratchings, foul smells, "magical" whisperings, intrusive thoughts, dark shadows out of the corner of your eyes, erc. All indicate the start of demonic infestation. I counsel use of Catholic Holy water and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. I feel this will engender a reaction and leave no doubt as to the source. Hang in there; you're in my prayers. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Question time...

You stated that "I could tell it had this big, evil grin on it's face."

How could you tell... Did you see this 'figure' actually grin? Or was it completely a "tall dark black figure"...

I find it intresting that your Mother saw the same figure a couple of days before...

Have you spoken to her about this? Did she see this figure at the same time of day that you did? When she saw it could she see any facial features?

You described this figure as being evil... Did your Mother also describe it that way? If so why do you think it was/is...other than a creepy 'being wathced' feeling what made you think this was something evil?

I ask because when experienceing something we do not understand... Something that scares us... We as 'humans' tend to use the 'E' word even though what we have seen/experienced is not, nor has any intention of being 'evil'.

I hope my questions make some sort of sense...I'm not trying to discount your experience... One your Mother had as well... I just do not like to see 'every' unexplained experience being labled as evil.

Respectfully,

Rook
Ind15000 (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Interesting story... 😐
Maybe you are right and the Evil spirit was just passing through.
But if it keeps on bothering you:ask it to go away or maybe get someone to cleanse or bless the house.
Best of Luck to you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: