You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Not Liking This At All

Real Ghost Stories

Not Liking This At All

 

posted a story already about when everything began. It is now 7 years later and I am still experiencing things. We have moved into a different house since the first occurrences. We moved 4 years ago.

The last thing I remember happening in the old house: I was asleep in my bed as it was 3 in the morning. All of a sudden my radio starts blaring rock music. It was just a simple little radio. No timers or alarms or anything. I get up to turn it off and it shuts off on its own. It repeated this at the same time every morning for 2 weeks. It got to the point where I would wake up right before it would turn on. I'd just lay there and wait for it to shut off.

Last year, my kids and I were staying the weekend with my grandma. My grandma has a 2 bedroom house, so my kids and I were sleeping in the same bed. I woke up to my daughter being yanked out of bed by her feet and my hair being pulled. She was screaming and holding onto the bed while steadily being dragged out of the door. I picked her up real fast and held her to me tight. She was scared. When she finally went back to sleep I felt someone or something sit on the end of the bed.

After a couple occurrences, my sister and I were talking about them. Turns out the day that something happens to me or my kids, she smells cigar smoke. Not really sure if that is linked together somehow, but it seems linked to me.

In this house the living room is on the other side of the wall from the kitchen. Until recently, when I would sit in the living room, I would hear things fall and break in the kitchen. I'd hear food fall in the pantry, glass fall and break, but when I would go look there wouldn't be anything on the floor or broken.

Every time I would lie in my bed at night I would feel like something or someone was standing by the wall across from my bed and staring at me. I wake up often throughout the night and every time I would wake up the feeling would still be there. I told my sister and her and me switched bedrooms. I still get the feeling of being watched, but now, every once in a while, I'll go in the bedroom and the closet door will the wide open. I keep the door closed because I don't want my kids going in there and hurting themselves. (plus that's where I hide Christmas and birthday gifts) I just shut the door and walk back out of the room.

My sister told me she got woke up one night by a thump sound. Like someone stumbling around in the dark. It was only her and her fiancé home and he was sound asleep next to her. The night after that, she was laying in bed, trying to go to sleep, and felt someone crawl up behind her and wrap their arm around her. She thought it was her fiancé. He was in the bathroom. When she tried to get up, she couldn't. She started crying. He walked back in the room and just saw tears streaming down her face and her struggling to sit up. He didn't know what was going on.

Sometimes things will get so bad in our rooms, it will appear as if we are having a slumber party in the living room.

Some time last week I had fallen asleep. When I woke up I was screaming. As loud as I possibly could. My sister's room is right next to mine and she claims she never heard me. I got scared when I woke up screaming. I lying in bed for about 30 minutes after I stopped screaming and I heard my sister and her fiancé talking. It sounded like they were standing next to the wall. I could hear the light switch flip on and off. Then I heard her laugh and him say something. I checked the clock and it said 3 am. I asked them about it the next day and they both told me they were asleep at that time. They had gone to bed early because they had appointments early in the morning.

A few nights after that, I was lying in bed reading a book. I heard something heavy fall and hit the floor in my closet. I went in there and looked and nothing was on the floor. I put down my book and went to my sister's room because I had to get out of there.

2 weeks ago, I was sitting in the living room writing some poetry when my sister came in there and was talking to me for a bit. I had put both of my kids to bed an hour earlier. My kids are hard sleepers. You have to yell and shake their arm to wake them up. My sister had to go to the bathroom which is across from my kids' room. When she got in front of the door she heard talking. She stood there, her face turned white and she just looked at me. I asked "what's wrong girl? Go pee!" she said "I hear someone talking in the bedroom." I gave her a puzzled look and told her the kids are asleep and no one else is in there. Her fiancé went over there and he, too, heard talking.

I got up, ran over there, and slung the door open. My daughter was in mid-sentence and just kept on talking. She said "no, no. I don't" then I heard what sounded like a whisper. She then said "no, they aren't purple they are pink" I had just changed her sheets before she went to bed from purple to pink. I'm guessing that's what the discussion was about. I didn't believe that my daughter was awake. When she wakes up and the room is dark she screams and comes running out. She can't sleep with a night light though. She refuses to. I said "dess? Baby? Are you ok?" she didn't answer me. I said "Dess! Baby! Do you hear me?" She said "what, mommy?" I asked her if she was ok and she said "yeah, I'm ok." I asked her if she wanted to come sit in the living room with me. Any time I ask her if she wants to come with me, she always says yes. No matter what, she says yes. This time however, she said no.

I flipped the light on and she was sitting in the middle of the bed, looking towards the wall by the closet. She squinted her eyes and looked at me. She said "mommy! That's bright!" I told her to come here and she told me no. I walked into the room, and when I got beside the bed, you could swear I stepped into a freezer. I picked her up and brought her in the living room. She kept asking to go back in the room. When I asked her who she was talking to her would act like she didn't hear me. After a while she wouldn't say anything at all. I kept telling her I love her and she wouldn't respond. Any other time she will say it back. Then she will argue with me over who loves the other more. This time, she just stared at me and wouldn't say a word. She lay that way for an hour until she fell back asleep. I couldn't sleep that night. My son slept through the whole thing.

This is already too long so I will write more in another post. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I'm sorry it's so long.

Other hauntings by justcandy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justcandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
im sorry about my previous posts, I didn't know what I was talking about.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
dakotabiscan,

From the dictionary...

Exorcism: 1) the use of prayers or religious rituals to drive out evil spirits believed to be possessing a person or place. 2) a religious ceremony in which somebody attempts to drive out an evil spirit believed to be possessing a person or place. 3) a special ritual or spoken formula used with the intention of driving out evil spirits. 4) the act of ridding the mind of oppressive feelings or memories.

There you have it... That is what an Exorcism is...

Justcandy,

Please feel free to try this method... I use it on my Home and for my Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
i don't think any thing will work, don't worry, its just my theory. I think its there to stay. It seems dangerous. I have a strategy, but it has a risk of you being harmed. You can't risk that.
Be prepared. Wait a second. Ok what you can do is learn about the ghost. Learn everything you can. Get a good image of what type of person it would be.[like if it was in a war or something.] then you find an item its attached to [emotionly,not physicly] then destroy it. Maybe it will leave, or something.this is was happened to me, but a bit different
Whats an exorcism?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Thank you for your response, and I'm sorry to hear that nothing has been working so far. I hope that the cleansing or smudging goes well. If all else fails, perhaps consider a priest to come in and bless the room? I'm hesitant to suggest an exorcism, and I'm sure you might be uncomfortable with that. But a blessing might help.
Regardless of what you decide to do, I hope that it works and that this problem ceases to exist soon. My prayers go to you and your family! ❤
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
you can imagine a white border around that room. Imagine it protecting everyone from whatever is doing this. You can burn sage and candles at every window and door. Commanding it to get out may make it angrier. This thing maybe impossible to get rid of, it may simply hate you. But it seems that it knows you. It knows what effects you. It wants to cause problems, that's a fact. Take all ofthat and piece it together. Think of the obvious facts, and you may find answers. Like what's its purpose, what does it know, who its targeting, and dangerous it may be
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
tell it to get behind you in jesus's name and then it will leave for good... No evil spirit likes to tamper with our lord and savior. 😁
justcandy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
[at] BlueTurtle I have told it to leave me alone several times. I have peace for two days and then it comes right back. I was in a bad mood Friday and when I was walking out of the bedroom, something fell on the floor. For it to fall it had to be picked up out of a basket and dropped. So I said "I am not in the mood for your crap today. Leave me alone." It was peaceful until last night. I woke up to the sound of the tv when I had turned it all the way down and then off.

I have talked to my dad about it because he has a lot of experience with the paranormal. He's like a magnet to it. He's told me to think of a place for it to go when I tell it to go away. He's told me to think of him and he will get rid of it. He's told me things to burn, tons of things to do, and none of it is helping. My step-mom is supposed to be coming over to help me with a cleansing of the house. I really hope it works. I can't take it anymore. When anyone walks into that room they are suddenly angry. They start yelling and fighting with everyone, until they leave the room.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
This certainly sounds like a lot, but you sound very sensitive to the paranormal. It may be the case, unfortunately, that no matter where you go, spirits may be drawn to you because of your sensitivity.
Praying is always a good thing, but if that doesn't always help, you must remember that assertiveness and cleansing, smudging, or even getting a priest's blessing will also help.
When you feel a presence and are uncomfortable with it, don't hesitate to say 'this is my space, leave me alone!'
The cold sensation you described when you walked into your daughter's room is a clear indication of a spiritual presence. They often suck the heat out of a room and I have a friend who's described this on ocassion. Your daughter could have been sleep talking (often the person will have their eyes open and will respond vaguely to questions, but are indeed sleeping) or she could have been in a mild trance due to the spirit. I hope she's fine now.
If these things keep happening, please don't hesitate to use the advice given to you. These spirits may simply want your attention, but when they start getting physical, it's time for them to go.
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
yeah.when I finaly decided to yell at the ghost that's in my house, everything actually slowed down. I actually got to know the ghost, asking yes or no questions, and it sat next to me for about a couple weeks. I saw him, his face.well,after about a month, he left me alone.
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
This has happened to me and my family as well. I was tormented from age 11 to around 20. It even showed itself to me the first time I was visited, it was very real not a shadow at all. Finally after years of torment I became so angry at it I told it to stop bothering me I'm sick of this. I might have even told it to show itself to me again and I will destroy it. I was so mad! That was 15 years ago and I have never been bothered again. It is a fear thing they are feeding on and as long as you keep feeding them they will return. I am also christian but not a good one. I became deeply involved with church in those years but it did nothing to stop it from happening. I think because I was still afraid. I want to write about my story as well sometime. So keep an eye out.
justcandy (2 stories) (4 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
[at] zeta it's happened at three different houses. It was happening in the first house I lived in, then we moved and it got worse. Then staying at my grandma's is when my little girl got pulled out of bed. There are 5 people in the house now.

[at] sir-boy I used to pray and I guess I never saw a link between the two. I started praying again and asking for God's help and protection a week ago and it seems to calm things down a lot. It puts my kids and I at peace and we sleep fine. When I fall asleep before praying, things being knocked over, turned on, or out of the ordinary noises wake me up. I took a nap yesterday with the kids and woke up to the sound of the shower. We were the only ones in the house and it wasn't on when I went to sleep.

[at] dogboy I wish I was making it up. Now that you say something I guess it does sound somewhat similar. But all of this happened before that movie ever came out. It is frightening and I'm here looking for help.

I don't let my kids be alone in that end of the house anymore. My daughter has shown fear in her room. She won't even go get a toy out of there by herself. I have to go with her.

Thank you everyone. Most of you are really helping me understand what is going on and how to deal with it.
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
i just wanted to say what was happening, or what felt like was happening at the time.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
You are a very clever child dakotabiscan. Now why don't you spend some time developing actual interests. It's a little sad that you are wasting your time like this.

This comment from michaelsaladfingers is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
I agree the best thing to do is get help and also find out what you can do for protection. Get special spiritual help for protection for you and your kids and please don't leave them alone at night in their rooms especially your daughter whatever it is it seems to have a special interest in her maybe it feels it can communicate to her or she is more sensitive to its presence. Trying burning frankinsence and myrr forgive me for the spelling but I think you can figure it out well they don't like the smell of it its a good smell and they just do don't like it they leave when its burned You can buy this at Wall Mart or new age shop Please whatever you do don't delay the sooner the better for all. Hope I was of some help.
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
i say weird things in my sleep. I scream, kick,talk.but I know it isn't dreaming. Sometimes I point when I sleep talk. I haven't had such a bad event happen to me, but protect your children. You don't want them to get into this stuff. Do what you think you have to, and I agree it could be a demon. My mom once said talked and played with ghosts when I was little, and when I asked a while later about what she said, she didn't remember.
schuyler (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
omg I turn around and sunddenly my sis was at the back of me and I screamed... So embarrased.
dogboy114 (guest)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
I don't know about this... Sounds like the movie "Paranormal Activity" to me. I'm not saying that this is fake but I just can't really believe this... If it is true then id say it was a demon... 😕
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
I have to go with what Sir-Boy said. This particular entity sounds like a non-human entity. Try reciting the Lord's Prayer or the 23rd Psalm and see if that helps.
CF (10 stories) (43 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
These type of entities disturb people a lot, and also occasionally frighten them. I have one of them in my house, and they are very difficult to get rid of!

You should try a cleansing-that's a very good way to get rid of most entities. Also, try to make it think that you are not frightened of it. If that doesn't work, get some professional help. It's worth a try. 😊

CF
Sir-Boy (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-06)
When things like this happen, have you tried praying or asking for spiritual help? I don't know whether you are spiritual or not but people report that asking for God's help usually has an effect on these situations. It can help ease the immediate sense of danger:... Just a thought though
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
This sounds terrifying, and part of me really hopes you are making it up, although I don't think you are. Perhaps you should consider seeking professional help from a paranormal investigator, or even spiritual help if you can find it. This is not something you want to botch up or make worse by trying to handle it on your own.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-05)
Can you clarify something for me... These occurrences of which you speak; are they all happening in the same house or different houses? Also, how many people are living in the house?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: