You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: 10 Year Long Black Demon Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

10 Year Long Black Demon Haunting

 

My story begins around 1987. I was a somewhat normal 11 year old boy up until that point. My parents were separated and it was a rough time for us. We lived in a tall apartment building on the 19th floor. I was interested in things like dungeons and dragons but my mom never bought me that kind of stuff. I did borrow a book from a kid at school about the monsters in dungeons and dragons a few weeks before my experience began.

The night was a little different than most because my mom let me sleep on the couch in the living room that night. It must have been a weekend. I think I may have had a nightmare but I awoke in the middle of the night. Off in my mothers room I heard her boyfriends watch alarm start beeping. I heard him get up to turn it off, my mom muttered something and he replied. I didn't think anything of it. Sometimes the alarm would go on, I don't know if he knew how to set it right. A moment later our VCR made the noise like when the tape started to play. I wasn't afraid at that point but was wondering what was going on. I sat up and began to look around the room. It was dark but not very dark that night. I didn't see anything so I laid back down to sleep. Looking up from this position I saw the most terrifying thing I had ever seen. It was sitting atop a candlestick decoration on the wall above me. My guess is it was 3-4 feet tall and 1 foot wide with a normal shaped body of a person. It's body was dark black and the eyes were white light.

I was terrified when I saw this and tried to get up to run away but I was frozen. After struggling to move I tried to call out but what came out were strange tongues (mumbo jumbo). The demon sat there amused and laughed at me. I could see it had a mouth when it laughed, but couldn't see much for features. Just a deep dark black. Frightened and unable to do anything I did the only thing I could. I closed my eyes and didn't open them again until morning.

I told my mom and her boyfriend what happened but they didn't believe me. My mom thought it was because of that book and told me I needed to start going to church. So we started going to church but it did little to help me. I was afraid from then on.

About a week later it came to me again. I awoke one night and felt the same dreadful feeling as before. I felt it's presence and my ears would tense like when you yawn. This time I wasn't about to open my eyes. I just lied still hoping it would go away. After a while it must have been angered by my attempt to play dead, it struck the side of the wooden bunk bed hard and yelled in a strange tongue. I immediately burst out of the top bunk and ran out of the room. I made it to the hallway but suddenly got very dizzy and fell down. I got back up and ran to the bathroom at the end of the hall. I flipped on the light switch and it burned out! Terrified, I ran into my moms room and asked if I could sleep in her bed.

Some time later my friend that lived in the apartment building wanted to play ouija board with me. We went the center stairway of the building. This building had 3 stairways. 2 on either end of the building that had windows, and 1 in the center of the building with no windows. It was a dark, dirty, cement stairway with metal rails. We started to play the game and within moments the railing started to vibrate. The vibration turned into pounding and was getting louder and louder, it was coming closer from below us. We looked at each other not knowing what it was. We ran out of there and back to his apartment. He swore not to play that game again and we never spoke of what happened again.

Those were the 3 main paranormal experiences I had where I was wide awake and physically things were happening. I was deeply afraid of the night after that. My younger sister would mock me and make faces at me at night, she slept in the bottom bunk in our bedroom. She would peer out at me from the bottom bunk making ugly faces and I would beg her to stop. I would have nightmares of the visitation from then on, sometimes several times a week. I would always feel my ears tense with the feeling of dread and the classic sleep paralysis. I would try to speak "in Jesus name go away" but it was difficult. As soon as I could force myself to awake it was over. My mom also started having some of those nightmares. But nothing like what happened to me.

This went on and on until I was around 20. I finally became so fed up with these terrible nightmares that I yelled out to stop, I'm sick of this! I think I was so angry that I told it to show itself and I will kill it. I seriously meant business! That was the last time I ever had the nightmare. Seriously, after ten sleepless years and who knows how many vivid nightmares I was finally free.

I don't know where it came from or why it chose me. My mom thought it was from before when we lived in Hawaii and my dad was in the air force. My mom heard my 2 year old sister talking to something. It sounded like it was trying to tell her it was her mom. She said the dog would walk around barking at nothing outside at night. She thought Hawaii was a creepy place because of the weird beliefs of the natives. We had a big piece of coral as a souvenir that we took with us. My mom thought it might have been cursed. She put it in a box and shipped it back to Hawaii. Where did you send it to I asked? She said she just put Hawaii on the box and sent it.

My mothers grandmother used to live with them when she was a child and she did some sort of witchcraft. She would put a glass of water in front of a picture of her husband who was dead and talked to him. They thought her room was haunted and saw ghosts in there. I don't know what she practiced, she could have been either German or Swedish. I don't want to ask my mom which side of the family her grandma was on to try and narrow down what practice it might have been.

My grandmother on my fathers side was Lakota Sioux Indian. When she was a young girl she used to have dreams about things happening to people. She would tell the person she dreamed about and usually something bad would happen to them. People thought she was a witch because of that.

I don't know if it was a dungeons and dragons book, a cursed coral from Hawaii, or spirits around my Great grandmother that caused my haunting. All I know is I defeated it and I will never let it bother anyone else I know ever! Hopefully my story will help anyone having these nightmarish visitations stop. I know it's real, but I don't understand why. It could be a blessing or a curse depending on how you feel about it.

Thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, openbook, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

marrie22 (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
If it was a demon, just be strong and pray. Ask god to come into your life. Have faith in god. Demons like to fool people. It will grant you anything you like. And anything you wish for. But at the end you will owe him your soul. Keep strong and tell it to leave you alone. And pray to god to get rid of this monster. God don't sleep,he's hears your pray and mercy everyday... ❤
takkachakka (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
So on a whim, I decided to google 'black demon white eyes' and I found this story. The reason being, sometime around 1984-85, I had a similar experience encountering such an entity which haunted me for a significant portion of my childhood. Of course, with time, the memory's impact has faded, so I guess you can say I've largely gotten over it.

Anyhow, I was about 4 years old at the time, and it was a typical Saturday morning. I suppose the vividness of the memory has helped me remember some of the surrounding details, such as what day it was, what Saturday morning cartoons I had been watching etc. I remember my mother returning from errands, and putting me to bed for my nap time. At some point, I awoke, to see a fully black, humanoid being, with pure white eyes, standing at the foot of my bed. Per memory, it had human like proportions. It didn't speak, and just gazed into me. All I remember is being paralyzed with fear.

I do not remember if I spoke to my parents about this right away. I did bring it up to my parents, friends, and other family at various points in my childhood, and in adulthood I've even told my wife this story. As you can imagine, everyone chalks it up to a dream. But the impact of the experience, and recollection of it as something that happened while awake will always be with me.

Up through my teens I dealt with a fear that I'd at some point encounter this being again. Hasn't happened yet, thankfully, and its been just over 30 years now.
lisacmeier (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
It was the 80's. I think we all saw shadow demon's back then. Now we have zombies. I can guarantee it wasn't your D & D book. We had a bunch in my family home but I never saw anything like a shadow demon until I stayed else where.
Jason1984 (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-10)
Frist off demons feeds on negivtive energy
If you have a demon use holy water go around
The whole house.
Then wear a cross cause they bring god light in your life
Sege burn that in corners.
I've learned that from a haunting sometimes that works.
I've seen things like the grim reaper
Ghost.cause I died once and seeing things that others can't see
Can be rough to live with but just take it day by day.
Try not to be afriad deman it to leave
With words from the bible don't do that alone god is always with us.
kally198 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
that demon or else was only trying to take your full attentions and and make you feel lonely or broke... Just do as your mom say go to church and take the holy book and keep it in you hands all the time... Bye the way you are strong girl... 😊
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
Just say out loud that you do not like that the entity is there and to please move on to the next world or at least to leave you alone. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to try.
Blake123999 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Ok, fist your Slenderness, I'm a girl. It can't be anything but paranormal because now I get scratches. Fun right? I've already checked for scientific reasoning, that was before I submitted to this site. I did an evp with my two best friends who's dad has... Experience with this sort of thing. The recording was downright scary. Something told me to run out of my room. I learned this after we went over the recording by the way. I really just try to ignore it now and live with the various bumps in the night. Lately it's been brushing through my hair which, to say the least, is creepy and annoying as hell. Either way if anyone has a good idea for dealing with the thing I would be glad to know. I'm not as jumpy as before, but I still don't want to deal with it. Thanks:/
Slenderman (33 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Blake, chill brother. If things are happening around you, they aren't necessarily after you. As Rozo suggest, get some concrete evidence. This is a great community of people, we are here for you.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Blake- you need to calm yourself friend! As a lot of Posters have submitted here, it is always best to rule out every option before jumping to supernatural happenings! Check everything possible to put your mind at ease! And set up a camera and try film something in the kitchen... Then you can get some concrete proof. Remember something might just be trying to make contact and is not viscious at all!
Let us know! Relax! Deep breaths! You will be fine!
Blake123999 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
I'm really scared. I think my house may be haunted. Last night I went to bed late around 1:00 and I felt really cold. There was coldness all around me. I was scared and there were various bumps in the night. I fell asleep and woke up this morning. One of the pipes that connect the sink to the rest of the water disposal came off. Not at one end but at both. I've been walking into the kitchen and seeing cabinets open on their own and now I'm terrified to go into my room. Please respond. 😭
Blake123999 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Alright I think that it's the same thing... My name's blake and I'm 14... Just yesterday... I saw... It. I have been having sleep parlysis and I do have a toubled childhood... My parents got devorced last year... I saw it out of the corner of my eye it was exctly as you described it... I wanted to see if I was just hulocinating or something... My mum thinks it's because I'm going threw a growthspert and that my optical nerve is playing tricks on me... As far as I know my entire family has never done any witchcraft and I go to church sometimes... I'm really freaked out... I do sometimes sleep on the couch and... IDK... I think I'm going crazy I don't want ot be haunted for 10 years... I'm really scared... PLEASE reply back soon...
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks BT, I get what you said now "not the least frightening" meaning the most. I read it the wrong way, that it wasn't frightening. Lol

It was fun retelling my tale and thinking back on these things. It's crazy knowing other people have seen strange shadow things. It gives me the creeps still thinking about that stuff or watching ghost hunters on tv.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Wow...I'm sorry that I offended you... I was really trying to say that your experiences WERE frightening, not that they were not!
I was just trying to offer some advice, not to debunk what you've experienced.
Being an adult has nothing whatsoever to do with being sensitive to spirits. One of my best friends is nearing 40 and she sees things all the time and relates her stories to me.
All I can say now is that I'm glad this bad experience is over with in your life and I'm sorry it traumatized you so much. Just don't think that you're the only one who's had a frightening experience. All of us here have that in common and most of us are just trying to help.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Yes, I've heard of it. It's got a very bad reputation among roleplayers, because of the bad light in which it portrays the hobby, based solely on the rumors that went around during that time. You can google the actual reason for why the book had its reputation.
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
No Lizzie it is gone for good!

Teneki, that's interesting about the founder of the rpg D&D. It seems those games were hated by the church when I was growing up. There was even a movie with Tom Hanks called mazes and monsters about a guy that got too involved in those games. Have you heard of it?
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
creepy. That sounds worse than what has happened to me. I hope that never happens again to you.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
It had nothing to do with the book. I play role playing games, and 4e D&D among them. The founder of TSR, the company that originally made D&D was a Christian until the day he died. Also, several of the staff that worked for the company producing the books, and in some cases creating worlds to play in, were also differing denominations of Christian.
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
I've been researching the last couple nights and it seems there are some similarities with other people. Like a troubled childhood and so on.

BT thinks I might be sensitive to things like spirits. If I am it would be only very slight. I am thinking children are more sensitive to these things than adults.

I have premonitions sometimes but it's only a second or two before it happens. For example we could be driving on a road trip and I'll say I wonder if well see an eagle. 2 seconds later we see a bald eagle in a tree. I was at a baseball game and I said I wonder if someone will get a homerun. Next batter up, bam homerun. I also used to go to the casino with friends when I was 18. I would play blackjack just playing by intuition and I would go home with hundreds of dollars all the time, and only making the minimum bet. I stopped betting like that when I actually learned how to play and knew there were rules to follow but I never had luck like before.

Beginning of 2001 I wrote a very dark poem. I was in awe of it being 2001 and wondered what the world was thinking? What was happening? "Although life has never been better we still cannot rest, modern life is a roller coaster nightmare of sorrow slumber and death." I wrote about mass murder and bad things. I don't remember the rest but I have it in a journal. I in no way could have guessed 911 would have happened. I think near the end of the poem I concluded we were handing the future generation a ticking time bomb and needed to be careful.

I haven't wrote in a long time because adult life is very busy but as a youth it helped me work through my feelings greatly.

Hope this isn't too much info to have a discussion on. Good luck to all!
openbook (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Wow really BT? Consider yourself lucky you have never nor will you ever experience anything as terrifying and agonizing as a nightmare full of sleep paralysis several times a week drawn out over a 10 year period. Mischevious would have been hiding my keys. This monster took pleasure in paralizing a child with fear until he became an adult.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
I'm glad that you finally stood up to it; sometimes that's all it takes. I figure it could have been a poltergeist, something that you were sensitive to thanks to your grandmother (not that she's at fault though! Just that you inherited her sensitivity). I don't know much about demons, or if they even exist, but this spirit sounded much more mischeivous than anything else, though not the least frightening. Still, good for you for standing up to it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: