You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: August Ritual 2011

Real Ghost Stories

August Ritual 2011

 

I thought it was time to come back here and share another story with you all. My mother died in August 2009 from cancer and since that time, my mother has been back to see me on a number of occasions.

In August 2010 and some of the months prior, I had some of the most amazing and profound spiritual experiences and most of them are well documented here in my previous stories and some of those memories and interactions are ones I'll cherish until the day I die. Last year as August was approaching, I had one account a little different to most of my other stories and something I believe you may find interesting and hope you enjoy reading.

It was only days before August and I had retired myself to sleep, soon after my wife had joined me and both of us were resting as the night had settled in.

It was around 10pm the first time I was awoken from my sleep to see as what I can only describe as an aura of a person walking around our room. I remember feeling quite content and relaxed about this person who presented themself with an aura of light and from previous experiences, I have learned it's better to fear not. Although I couldn't make out for sure if this aura of light was my mother, my gut instinct was telling me it was and from the first time I'd awoke, until the last time which was around 1am, I had drifted back off to sleep to be woken again perhaps 9 times during this whole three hour visit!.

I do believe my mother was by my side all this time and perhaps in earnest trying to connect with me at a point where subconsciously we could talk like we did in the previous year!. I can't remember what exactly happened each time I awoke over this period of time, nor will I bore you with all the details of every exact thing I can remember. I do remember just kind of surrendering myself to the experience if that makes any sense? I do remember on one of these occasions, I felt my mother hold my hand which was hanging off my bed and lift it up with my arm to rest it on my chest, as I guess you would expect a mother to do for her child who perhaps was sleeping a little uncoordinated. Perhaps this caring gesture was a vindication of her presence?

Here's the part you may find interesting! During this whole experience and unique as it was from the sense I have never had such interactions with a spiritual visitor over the period I did, my wife had been woken up out of her sleep on at least four of these occasions, in almost exact sequence of me being able to see and sense my mother's presence in our room... On each of these occasions, my wife who perhaps was a little panicky about the disturbance asked me, did you hear that? I have to admit, at the time in order to keep her calm, with a reassuring tone I'd replied..." no, no one's there, it's all right go back to sleep". This dual awakening happened at least three times with me basically saying the same thing, "it's OK! Go back to sleep", until the final time! On the last occasion, the soap holder had fallen off our sink in the bathroom ensuite! With no other possibility beyond being bumped off... Or pushed off!

My wife jumped out of our bed and said to me, "you must of heard that!" I remember confessing to my wife, "don't worry about it, they won't hurt you" and at this point of time, my wife who had worked out what was going on basically said to me,"stop calling them Darren... Stop calling them". Understandably frightened by the interactions between my mother and I, it was time to disconnect.

I believe my mother would have not felt comfortable herself knowing my wife was a little upset and that would have prompted her to move on without a doubt and once again, I should apologize to my wife for keeping the truth at a length from her for as long as I did, as I was calm and willing enough on a spiritual level to ride it out for as long as I could.

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-12)
How wonderful to know your mother is watching over you! Our first reaction to the unknown is fear. As time goes on we can realize it's only the caring presence of a loved one. I have a mixed bag of spirits at my house, one is not so nice. Loved your story. ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
hmmm a 13 year old auzziedaz with frecles? Nope not getting that image mate lol but the tattoo idea sounds sweet and a fantastic way to show just how important this is to you.
Obviously would love to see a pic if you ever get it done.
And did catch the warning for your next post too, knowing you have placed a order for 20 large boxes of tissues lol
Catch you soon mate
Carl
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Interesting story. I also have been visited by my mother after her passing. I don't think that she intended to stick around that long. I believe that she just checks in from time to time, as your mother probably does. Tell your mate about it. It is a wonderful blessing to you both. Not everyone who passes comes back to their loved ones.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Cosmo, that's right mate every time Candy woke up it was in a state of relative apprehension... She could sense or hear someone there and if this would have been say 5 years ago, I too probably would have flicked on the light or thrown a pillow or punch... Like I did when first having these experiences years ago and I understand why people react this way... But as I said in my story, I just surrendered myself to the interaction and went with it, I was basically telling Candy nothing's there as I could hear and feel the same as her in our room except I could see things that probably would have caused her panic... I also wonder if Candy found her way here what type of account would she present?...I felt someone watching me? It was cold? I woke up with a scratch on my back? I got chills? My husband woke up as the soap holder fell?...not to put words in her mouth, but a lot of these descriptions are just defences of the mind and transcending sensations from with in... The poor old ghostie is not intentionally making one feel like this,it's not there fault, there just trying to reach out from across the realm... When you consider how opened and accepting I was in contrast I think this is an unique example of that... And too rite mate "Paranormal alcoholic" would be a good name for a movie...

Dako, yes and yes... I have better things to do then waste people's time and my own telling porky pies young mate, although I do understand the context of how you put it... And yes I have spoken to my mother since her passing and in my story that is what I was referring to when I said... Some of these experiences I'll cherish until the day I day.

😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
[at] Daz, Oh ok so Candy was already aware of the visitors and was at her paranormal limit. That is totally understandable, and I really liked the way you explained it in your comment to Miracles.

"Paranormal Alcoholics" LOL! That is awesome. Sounds like a great title for a movie. 😉
michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
is this a true story? If it is: if youfeel like its your mother, it is probably your mother. You could of told her the truth without effecting your mom. You could be able to talk to her. Now I don't know about different people, but that's how I see it. But I also agree with what you did, because it may be better for you, your wife, and your mom. Your way is probably the right way. My way seems kind of selfish now that I think of it. One question, have you at any point tried talking to her?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Granny, I'm actually thinking about having a tattoo, August sole mates perhaps wrapped around a carnation on my chest over my heart as vindication of how important the August ritual is for me... I don't make it a calling as such and I would be at peace if I didn't have any response, but so far, Mum has made her way to me in both previous years... And mate a little warning, have your tissue box near by on my next story, it's a tear jerker... I may not even comment on it, it still upsets me to talk about it, but for my own closure I need to put it along side the rest...lol...and it's finished, I'll probably post it in the next few days. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Lou, thank you for your comment mate cheers!

Taz, That's right, I lived with her for 30 something years mate and will always be her little mommy's boy... Just hope my age don't revert to 13 when's it my time to go... 😆 could you guys imagine meeting me for the first time, a little freckled pale face aussiedaz,😆 cheers mate thanks for your thoughts,lol.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Jav, That's right mate you know how important validation is for me before I'll submit a story here at YGS and perhaps the soap holder falling off the sink was mum saying hey buddy!...REMEMBER!...it's not a dream! And Candy's part was further icing on the cake although, maybe not from her point of view and I'm happy for you too mate after 24 years still having good old mum by your side that's pretty cool... Lol mate, thanks for your reply. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Miracles, you hit it on the head 100 percent and that's no surprise to me reading through your response... Some people can not handle a mouse, let alone a ghost and a couple of pots and pans rattling and other people are like paranormal alcoholics that can't get enough... Put the two together and you have the odd couple... And your right about walking this path with me mate and that's something I'll always be grateful for as talking about this stuff around home is off limits and if I'm crazy, well at least we're both crazy together, lol... Thanks again my friend for all your support, take care. ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Cosmogal, I'm not sure if it would have made a big difference if I'd said to Candy, it's mum, Candy was freaking out with it all and realized with August around the corner and everything that happened last year with those two girls who where murdered and found there way to my home?...my wife was like...No!...not again stop it, she worked out what was going on and understandably was angry in a fearful way and yes mate 3 hours was pretty cool... Never had that before... Remember this room I was in, used to be my mothers room... So I think she was reaching out mate and enjoying the moment just as much... Thank you for your comment Cosmo ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
snowhite, thank you for your reply, I understand where your coming from and it does sound like I'm not letting go, but nothing could be further from how it really is... Before my mother died and on the morning she was diagnosed with cancer, she told me she had a dream where she was told she'd be better off in the spirit world and when she did pass and on the very first time she came to see me, I asked her to go into the light and told her she had suffered enough... But that part where she would be better of in the spiritual world? Was already pre determined and I've come to understand that... See I believe when you go into the light, you can come back usually around birthdays, xmas, or for just visitation... The difference with spirits who have been through the light they are enlighten more with the spiritual universe and more at peace with in their own self being... I have felt the tone of peace in her voice and take comfort knowing she does cross back over... By the way the night she was told she would be better off in the spirit world, I was told she would suffer bad and she did have a awful fight with cancer... Her spiritual guardians where not going to let her down after one hell of a fight... Thank you again for your comment.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Aussie: 😆 Poor Candy!...I really think she tries to understand, but gets to a point where enough is enough when she keeps getting woke up!...I always look forward to your August Rituals, as that is the time of year when your experiences peak... Glad you felt like it was time to share...

Like you, I know when my Dad is around... Each visit is unique and completely different from the previous ones, but unmistakable none the less 😊

Thank you for posting the sequels ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Darren,
And now for how I really feel.
Like you, my mother meant the world to me. And yet, when you hear me refer to her it's as though she passed more recently than she actually had. My mom left this realm in January of 1988, 24 years ago.
What I'm getting to here is that she still comes to me, I know the moment she shows up. You have many more things to share with your mother and she will continue to be a presence and comfort to you. I think we are very fortunate in that we recognize those moments and cherrish them.
However, you got solid validation that time! Your wife's reaction after the soap fell proves it out, as far as I'm concerned. And that is more than awesome mate. I am, as always, impressed with your experience. Thank you for sharing such a sweet and dear memory with us.

Jav ❤ 😊 ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
daz this is again a great post mate thanks for adding!
I can't blame you for not letting on to your wife about your mothers visit obviously you knew the reaction you would have and did get but also anytime with your mother would be a blessing.
Like you say she is still there for you, putting your hand back into the bed just like any caring mum would do for her child and no matter how old you are you will always be looked at as her baby and she will be watching over you!
Again a great sweet post daz thanks 😁
Carl
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Aussie,
Hope you and the missus weren't cursing in surprise, sounds like momma was going for the Lifeboy. Pretty amazing account, thanks for sharing.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Aussie,
Brother, you are lucky she didn't beat you with a rubber hose for blowing her off each time the way you did! 😆 Trying just to get some shut eye and your old man is playing 'Peek-a-boo' with the spirits?!
I love this one! I can just imagine the whole next day, you just sitting peacefully and your wife tossing something at your head out of frustration from no sleep. 😆
I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm trying to get my old man to listen because I heard something, and he just keeps blowing it off as nothing, I would be resorting to some desperate actions. But then to find out that he knew what it was all along and just didn't say? WHACK! End of that funny business right now. 😆
Thanks Darren, you alwats know how to get me laughing.

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Daz - having been on this ride with you for almost 2 years now, I still enjoy reading your stories, especially those about your mom.

It's hard sometimes, isn't it, when those we live with and love, don't exactly understand or share our passion for this part of our life. Hard for us to understand how something that excites us and makes us yearn for more can...mmmm...frighten them? Or at least make them a little less excited than we are when things "go bump in the night" LOL

You and I know your mom will be around as long as she feels you and your family need her, Daz ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
Hey Aussie, Do you think if you told your wife it was your mother she wouldn't have been so creeped out by what she was hearing?

Wow this went on for 3 hours? That is amazing! I have always thought spiritual visitations only lasted a few minutes. Well at least that is all mine have ever lasted. Perhaps it was because you surrendered to the experience and welcomed the presence of your mother that made it possible for her to stay for that period of time.

Thanks Aussie, I always love reading about your experiences. Take care mate 😁 ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
If I were you, I'd share my experience with my wife. I know your mother loves you and she may worry about you since no matter how old you are, you are always her child. Next time you see her, you can tell her that you love her and do not worry about you, maybe it is better for her to see the light and one day you can meet again on the other side. In that way, she will be in peace. You and your wife will have your own peaceful life as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: