You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unwanted Room Mate

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Room Mate

 

My story may seem very cliche to you but I promise you it is completely true. I've experienced things of a paranormal nature since my infancy, I frequently saw my Grandad shortly after he died, my mum would find me in my cot making gestures to be picked up and babbling to mid-air and I claimed it was my grandad. She dismissed this to then later find me crying my eyes out saying that grandad had come in to my room with two big monsters; my Grandad was Italian and kept two mastiffs as hunting dogs that he was extremely fond of in his youth, I was only a year old; but my last experience is one I do not want to have again.

I was 14 nearly 15 and I wasn't in a good place, I was extremely unhappy and cried myself to sleep most nights. I started to see a dark figure in the corner of my eye. I'd see it as I came out of my room and pass the bathroom and I'd see it when I was alone in the kitchen but it would never be there when I turned to fully look at it. I dismissed it as a figment of my imagination due to being so low. I used to spend all of my time in my room and soon I began to notice it got very cold in there, to the point you could see your breath and I felt as if I was being watched.

I still managed to justify excuses for it all, but then things started moving in my room, I would put something in a certain place in my room and then later on it wouldn't be in that place anymore. Then at night my floor boards would creak, my bed is in the middle of my room and there are floor boards on either side of it, the ones on my right would creak and then a few seconds later the ones on my left would creak. This would happen almost every night and then progressed to me hearing indistinct whispers.

None of this particularly frightened me but then one day when I had forgotten a folder for school and had to go back home, mum was waiting in the car for me so I was in the house alone. My folder was below a shelf with all my cuddly toys I had collected and as I bent down to get it, I felt something grasp my shoulder and push me over. My head nearly caught the corner of the shelf and I promise you I didn't touch the shelf, when I hit the floor I was in shock, next thing I knew all of my cuddly toys had fallen off the shelf. I was so scared but I still didn't tell my mum, I didn't think she'd believe me. I very rarely got a peaceful night sleep from then on without whispering, cold and creaking floor boards.

A few weeks later my mum called me while I was out and told me she thought there was something in my room, I asked her how she knew and she said she had seen it in my large mirror (I've got a big mirror like in Phantom of the Opera). She claimed it was a young boy, maybe 8 years old? My room hadn't long been decorated for the first time in ages and my house is from the 1940's, so my mum thought that the decorating may have upset a dormant spirit or something.

My mum is a very spiritual person so it didn't surprise me when she told me that she went in to my room to tell it to leave me alone and go away, she told me she said that if it didn't go she would make it go by force and get our priest in to bless the room. I was out again at the time and she rang me again sounded really rattled, when she had told it to go away she had shut the bedroom door, but shortly after she finished talking, the door opened and then slammed. It had really scared her; but since then I haven't had anymore problems but ever since I still feel like I'm being watched in my room. I don't think I'm having issues with it now because I'm not a permanent resident at home now that I'm at University in Portsmouth.

I promise you I haven't exaggerated or prettied this story up and I have told the truth and nothing but the truth.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CenturyChildSoprano, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissSuspiciousSpirit1 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Sorry but... PHANTOM OF THE OPERA! ❤ ❤ ❤:d:D:D:d:d LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
thank you CenturyChildSoprano. Reading back at my comment I realised I had spelled my own name wrong!*derp*
And yes vic812, please post your stories! We will definatly look forward to reading them!^_^
CenturyChildSoprano (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
No unknown_madness I never saw him directly, only a figure in the corner of my eye but nothing definite. I will ask my mum actually I never thought to ask, so stay tuned!
Yikes vic912:\ that bad eh? You should try and get your story posted.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I am glad that you have more piece now anyway, it must be a relieve. Ag shaim Vic812, it must be horrible to live like that!
vic812 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Hi I know what you mean. My bed room is really haunted! I am actually scared of being left home alone!😕
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
wow!spooky. Have you seen this boy yourself and if you did, or dindn't, you could ask your mum, what he was wearing maybe find out what time period he had come from. If you have already got your house blessed, that's good because he doesn't sound nice, the spirit I mean! All the best, unknown_mnadness.
CenturyChildSoprano (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
I think it might have done and yes my floorboards aren't creaking anymore, I could just be being paranoid when I go back home, my mum isn't so sure she solved the problem. She's had to call in a priest one time at the hospice she works at, she was nursing a previous member of staff (a nurse) who was dying from cancer. When she passed on, patients were claiming she was still doing her rounds in the hospice so my mum got a priest in to move her on because her asking the spirit to leave didn't work. Its not causing a problem now so I assume it has gone.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Hi there. I honestly believe your story. Things like this happens all the time, and it is not new to me.
Don't you think after your mom told the thing to leave, and it opened and shut it again, it left your room, and that is why you do not see it anymore?
I assume the floor boards do not make sounds anymore while you are asleep?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: