You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Experience

 

About 4 and a half years ago me and 3 of my friends decided we were going to play with a Ouija board. It was the last day of our sophmore year in high school and we all decided to leave early and head back to my house to hang out for a little while. There were more people coming over later on to hang out as well.

We were sitting there just talking when one of us, I can't remember who, brought up ghosts and paranormal activity and asked if any of us had ever used a Ouija Board. Of course none of us had, so they suggested going and getting one and trying it out. My house had really been freaking me out lately, I hadn't lived there very long and it was a big house. A lot of strange noises being heard and whatnot; so we all agreed that we would go get the board and just try it out, we went to Spencer's, bought the board and went back to my house to try it out.

Before we started we all made a pact that we wouldn't move it ourselves so we knew it was actually working. We asked, "Is anyone there?" And the planchett immediately moved to yes, we all looked at each other a little freaked out and we asked each other if they were moving it; but of course we weren't. We started asking simple questions, like what's your name, how old are you, is there something you want or need.

We became obsessed with it, we played all day until people started showing up at my house. But even then we kept going and my other friends were really freaked out and I even got into a huge fight with one of my best friends who I have never fought with before in my life. So eventually everyone except us 4 left my house.

We asked one of the ghosts that we talked to, to move one of our friends hair. There were no windows open and there wasn't an air vent anywhere near us. Her hair moved back and forth for about a minute and we all freaked out. Everyone we talked to was really nice until my other friend asked something about when her mother was going to die. You could just feel the difference under our fingers. It answered her question, but then it went to the numbers 1 and 8, 18.

We asked what did it mean and it said that something would happen. We said to one of us and it said yes. We asked it what its name was and it said Tib. One of my friends freaked out and said, "No, don't talk to them!" And we all freaked out and took our hands off without saying goodbye. She said she had heard that name somewhere before and that it was a demon. We were all freaked out by then and decided it was time to get rid of the board.

We took it outside and over to this huge hill that had a river at the bottom of it. We tried to burn it first, but it wouldn't burn so we started ripping it up and throwing it over the hill into the river. We broke the planchett and threw it as well. One of my friends freaked out and spun around really fast. We all asked what's wrong and she said she saw a black figure run behind us. I said no, Megan you're lying! And Justin said no, Shelby I don't think she is. We then heard something stomping up the weeds behind us so we all freaked out and ran back to my house.

We had to go to Megan's house so, me, Justin, Megan and Snowy all piled into Justin's car and went to her house. As we were driving down the road we decided to throw the Ouija box out the window, it had pretty much everything inside of it including the instructions.

We went back to my house and Justin went home. We didn't sleep well that night but nothing really happened until I was by myself. I was upstairs in my room where we had played with the board, I was just watching TV when I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I looked over at a lamp that was standing up right where we had played with the board. The lamp was plugged in and turned on. I saw the cord get yanked out of the wall and the lamp shut off. That was it for me, I never went back into my room again.

About 2 weeks later all was quiet and I went over to stay with my friend Snowy, I was looking through my pockets for something when I felt ripped up paper in my pocket, I pulled it out and it was the instructions from the Quija Board box that we had thrown out the window. We immediately started freaking out. After that, a lot of small stuff happened and its still happening, I've gotten used to it.

But on September 19, 2009 my friend Snowy turned 18. 2 months later, she got killed in a car accident. None of us remembered about the Ouija Board telling us that something would happen to one of us until a few months later. What do you think? Coincidence or did it really predict the future?

I know this story was long, but I felt like I needed to get it out there. There is and was a LOT more that happened to me its just a lot to put in one post. Let me know if you want to hear more. And thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by ShelbyLea09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShelbyLea09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

taurus83 (4 stories) (84 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
shelbylea, I understand the question coincendense or predicting the future. Something oh so similar happened to my family. I am sorry for your loss and hope you are doing well. Just know and I'm sure youve heard this before quija boards are dangerous. Keep writing experiences your an awesome writer! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Janellexx89 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
i liked your story & I would like to hear more, so please post some more! ๐Ÿ˜Š
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
ShelbyLea: I look forward to any new stories you may want to post ๐Ÿ˜Š...But (always a "But" ๐Ÿ˜†), please be sure to proof read! LOL! ๐Ÿ˜†...I wouldn't like to see this type of thing happen again, so because of the mess here, if I receive any stories with discrepancies from anyone in the future, I will be sending them back to the author for correction... Lesson learned on my part!
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Sorry, I'm just tired of arguing about my story. I don't mean to be rude or anything but I hate arguing with people, especially people I don't even know haha! But I am sorry I got angry, let's all just drop it now.:)
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
shelby,
I never questioned the details of instructions inside- never sided either way. My post was directed at mistee and her questioning of other posters nitpicking at that detail... As I feel it's ok to question any detail, at length, in any story posted.
...nice day!
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Wow, I thought I said let it go? Good grief people! Pjod, I know for a fact that the instructions were paper and they were in there. You weren't there, I was. If you believe awesome! If not the. That's ok too, but stop bringing up a subject that has already been closed. Sheesh, some people just won't learn! I just posted a story and it got bashed, thanks for making me feel like I can't post anymore. You guys are great at supporting your website and the members of it!

Have a nice day:)
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
It's ok, Jav. I have days like that too! Hope yours gets better. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
clever
That's alright. Sorry I snapped at you. It wasn't a fun day. That's all.

Jav
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Um...wow. I was trying to lighten the mood, not attack anyone. Jav, I have no problem with you. I just thought it was amusing. Sorry you were offended.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
clever210,
That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it was your research I debunked would it clever? You were more than willing to strike at me when you thought I was wrong. Now you see that your research was incomplete and shoddy, you want no one to bring it up? Well, perhaps you shouldn't have danced so gleefully on my perceived grave.
I wasn't coming back to this clever, but you brought me. I'm gone now for good, so please... Continue your lame dance.

Jav
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Pjod...it was all in good humor... Hence the winking face. I was laughing as I posted for that reason. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
every message board has it's share of "dead horses"
Creating a new post to even acknowledge it would equal a good swift kick- no?
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
The phrase "Beating a Dead Horse" just came to mind...

Definition: a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile; or that to continue in any endeavour (physical, mental, etc.) is a waste of time.

๐Ÿ˜‰
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
mistee,
I agree with Javelina's research/questioning of a lil piece of paper. These are exactly the type of details any good investigator look for in a case. Such a small detail raises a flag "cried wolf"
While the author is not asking for investigative help, I can see why members become a bit passionate and protective of a site as this.
Wouldn't it have just been easier to say- "you know, I can't recall if there were actual printed instructions in the box I discarded- but assumed as much. Looking back, I can't say for sure" Instead of defending this detail?
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
misstee, yeah I was extremely annoyed at first but I just think it's funny now haha. But thanks for actually being one of the nice ones:). And vic812 nothing major happens now, there are a bunch of storage boxes in my closet and I hear them moving around at night. Sliding back and forth like someone is looking for something. But other than that the spirit has been pretty silent for the past couple years. I do have a few more smaller experiences that have happened and I plan on posting every single one of them on here:D! But thanks for being nice and reading my story guys, I'm glad you realized that it's been almost 5 years since this happened and I couldn't remember EVERY LITTLE DETAIL lol!
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hey Shelby! Just thought I'd say, despite everything else, I'd still like to read any of your stories in the future. The experience as a whole is interesting and I'd like to see if there are any follow-ups or more encounters. Best of luck to you!
vic812 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hi SelbyLea09 I read about your little adventure. I think that it has got to do with your background history. First of all do you have any relatives have might have had Buddhism as a religion? At the time of the little adventure did you know anything about paranormal things? I just want to tell you something you should of not burned the Ouija set I just made the spirit angry. I think you might of heard of this but if the spirit is still bothering you salt the windows and doors do the house. If that dose not work and the spirit comes to you again try sage it is much more powerful. Also to protect you and your family say this prayer:
Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
By the Divine Power of God -
Cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
Who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

It worked for me when I faced a ghost.

I will write about that another time but for now good luck with the spirit and all the best for the future. ๐Ÿ˜Š
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
I'm annoyed for you shelbylea09...don't even bother answering to your story anymore, you told what happened...
misstee (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Omg, let it go already... Believe it or not... Why go through the touble of looking up whether a piece of paper comes with the board or not? She told her story... If you don't believe it o.k, is it that that big a deal to keep commenting on it?
WhoGoesThere (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Well Shelby, I'm glad you were the bigger person today. And don't be discouraged for future posting, and surely don't regret this post. I'm glad I got to hear your story.

Javelina, I never said I preferred fiction; that was you and Granny's assumption. I actually wish every story to be true, but that's obviously not how the world works. I, myself, do my own homework and research, of course. BUT I do not act first and think second. I like to take my time before coming to a conclusion. Kinda like that ol saying "innocent until proven guilty." Now where did I hear that one from?

As far as the members, yeah that is true. But very very sad. I am very new to this site; discovered it a week ago. And I was very excited to see how many stories/testimonies there are to the supernatural. It got me interested, and I felt as though this is a good place to post my experiences and other people's experiences. It seemed like a place where I didn't have to worry about judgement and ridicule. So far, it seems that I was wrong. In time, I hope to learn that I wasn't wrong, but only time will tell.
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I can honestly say I agree Javelina, despite all the harsh comments from you; I can tell you know what you're talking about. You're pretty good at what you do. I just don't have enough time in my day to sit here and research all about this subject, I have a life and I have a job that I have to worry about. Just throwing that out there.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you have to say if I ever DO decide to post here again.

Have a nice evening:-)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
ShelbyLea09
You are mistaken. I am completely calm. I can understand you being upset though.
I won't be commenting here any longer. My point was made.
Trust me, if you ever do see me upset, you will see the difference immediately.

Lovely day, don't you agtee?

Jav
๐Ÿ˜Š
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
WhoGoesThere, I appreciate you taking up for me. I wish I wouldn't have posted it here in the first place!
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Ok guys, let's just let it go. I guess I'm wrong even thought it was my experience. I'll be the bigger person here, excuse me for not being a perfect proof reader. Now stop getting so worked up. Whogoesthere is right, you're all worked up about this piece of paper for no reason. I'll be sure not to post another story on this site because god knows it'll be fiction. You say you care about this sites integrity, I wasn't doing anything wrong! I posted a story that was true and you bashed it all to hell and just kept going. I'm sure the creators of this site wouldn't appreciate you acting this way on here (knowing my luck you were probably the creator of this site, Javelina) but seriously calm down. Let's just let it go.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
WhoGoesThere

Thanks for the concern dear, you'll find this is something that occurs now and then. But because we do rely so much on the research the rest of us spend so much of our time on, it is only fair that you are aware of how much we care about this site. Don't worry about the loss of membership to the site because of any debate that happens to take place hun. Look around... This debate drew people into the seats, not away. And it's like that every time. We don't worry, why should you? I don't expect you to ubderstand any of that, you seem more suited, as you said yourself, to fiction. To each his own. It is what it is. But trust me dear, membership went up today. Maybe the thuth does make the difference, eh?

Jav
WhoGoesThere (8 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Lol Javelina. I understand what your saying, but you either missed my point entirely or you didn't quite read all my posts. Either way it's fine. But I'm just saying, if you all act this way with every post, then your eventually going to run out of members.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to you, Granny, or any other member. I'm simply in defense of the under dog: Shelbylea. And I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Also, just in case you didn't read other people's post, there's a couple of people stating that they have seen boards with paper instructions as well. Maybe you should take this into account?

Finally, you strike me as the type of person who simply can't let things go. If that's the case, you might want to work on that. Getting all worked up like this over a board game and/or it's instructions is simply not healthy.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Know this, I don't care about the piece of paper. I care that it was an intregal part of your experience and it did not fit the facts as I know them.
I was fine letting this go, BUT it became a point of contention for me when it was presumed that I was incorrect in my research, so I went back and double checked that research. Only to find that I was right all along.
The lesson here is clear. However, I am available should you require any assistance learning the process of researching a subject.

Thank you and have a lovely afternoon.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Sorry, I tried to turn my back on this but the new guy had to leave this commynt in his wake.
"Lol Javelina, did you even bother reading anything that Miracles just said? Your getting all worked up literally over a piece of paper. Maybe YOU should just let it go."

As I said, it's the integrity of the site I care about.
For anyone who cares, and believe me, I really hate to do this, but that booklet does not come with the board. It is a reproduction of an original. It is there because it is for sale.
zeldaxlove64 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I agree with Javelina. They should put that on the box, or even make it bigger. ๐Ÿ˜•
ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Misstee I know! I hate arguing with people, I'm just glad that my point was made and that it was shown that the freakin' board comes with paper instructions! Haha, thanks for being nice:-)

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: