You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Where Did She Go?

Real Ghost Stories

Where Did She Go?

 

About a year or two ago, in winter it was really, really snowy and I just coundn't wait to get outside and enjoy the snow. It was so deep and me and my brother had even got our own sledge that we coundn't wait to try out. Near where we live is a massive hill that is ever so fun to sledge down in the slippery snow. So my mum, dad me and brother took the sledge and walked the icy walk to the hill.

It was so fun sledging down but near the end my hands went numb and I thought I would freeze to death! So we called my brother over and headed back home. We took a different path and past a broken down farm type of building and down a path that led us to a road near homes. "yes!" I thought excitedly, " we"ll be home soon!"

I was ahead of the rest of my family and a couple of old friends my parents had met with. Bieng a good girl and knowing the safety of road crossing, I stopped at the end the path so my parents could catch up and cross the road with me. Across from where I was standing was a line of houses. In front of one of these houses was a woman, clear as day, standing on the path waiting to cross. I can still remember her. She had a multicoloured winter coat on and blue jeans. I coundn't tell her facial features because I was too far away but close enough to know she was there.

It being a common thing, I looked away to look at a snow covered tree that looked beautiful, just like in the film Narnia the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I heard a car go by and looked towards the road again. Now the woman was gone. I had seen the car go by and the woman had vanished. I had let my eyes off of her for only a second or two! There was no way she could run that fast too, especially in this icy ground weather!

I peered to the left and right of the road but she was nowhere to be seen! My family had caught up with me now and I didn't tell them a thing.

At home I was still asking myself where on earth did she go but to this day it is still a mystery. Did she die one unfortunate winter, or was she a person who was in a collision and appearing to me for thanking me to remember to be safe near roads? I will never know.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Other hauntings by unknown_madness

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unknown_madness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
[at] raccoonbonapart. I did not check for footprints because we were on the other side of the road but now that you mention it I wish I did. Thank you so much for your support, this is my first story and your contribution means so much to me. Thank you again. Xxx 😊
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
[at] crecentblue03. Thank you so much. I agree sbout them showing up just to keep an eye open! I am sure I will pass this on to future family! Thank you so much for your support, this is my first story and your conttribution mneans so much to me. Thank you again. Xxx 😊
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Did you check to see if there were any footprints in the snow where she had been standing?
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Well you know when they do show up it is something special the fact that she did not scare you tells me that she may have been there like you said just keeping and eye on you there don't always appear because they want to scare. I think we get scared because we don't understand. I think this I something you will always remember and share with your kids one day. Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: