You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is This My Dad? Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This My Dad? Or Something Else?

 

To start things off, I'd like to give some background info on how I think all of this started. My dad died when I was 6, and before he died, he gave me a locket that I wear everyday. Well, fast forward to when I'm 11. The day after my 11th birthday, I was sitting at home alone, since I had been to sick to go to school, and I was lying in bed watching TV. Suddenly, I heard a weird humming noise. It sounded EXACTLY like my dad, whenever he was working on something (NOTE: My dad was from Haiti, so maybe that has something to do with it?). I got really creeped out, and smelled something that smelled like burning rubber. My dad used to work in a Haynes furniture store, but I didn't get what the smell was. When my mom came home, I told her about it, and she brushed it off as my imagination. After that, the humming and burned rubber smell continued.

After I turned 12, the same things happened. Only this time they got worse. One day, I was by myself working on a project on my computer, when someone ran past me, and angrily whispered "WHY!" because I was going to stay with a few relatives. It creeped me out so I ran into my room. The next night, both my brother, mom, and I heard 3 loud bangs on the walls, and about 4-6 growls. It wasn't my dog, as he rarely barks or even growls. My back began having a weird burning sensation, so we lifted up my shirt, and sure enough, I had 3 bloody scratches. After about a week, my mom and brother both began smelling the burned rubber and hearing humming. Only this time it sounded more Animal-like. After about a week after I got scratched, my mom woke me up and said her back was burning. I lifted up her shirt, and she had 6 scratches on her left shoulder blade, right shoulder blade, and the center of her back. Nearly 10 seconds after I checked her back, someone or something pushed me into the wall, and slapped me. Like literally, you could see my face get hit and a bright red hand mark was on my face. Soon, a vase downstairs got knocked down and broke.

The next thing that happened, was with my dog and my niece. I was baby sitting my niece for my brother, and she walked into the dining room, and started talking to someone. I was the ONLY one there besides her and my dog. She came back in crying, and had a large hand print on her face. My dog started barking VERY loud, and soon I heard the same animal-like voice my mom and brother had heard, but instead, it said (These are the exact words) : "Get out!" It scared me so badly, that I took my dog and niece to my best friend Ajetta's house, and stayed there until my mom got home.

Does anyone have any idea of what this is? Is this my dad or something more? Thanks for any suggestions.

'Kira'

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bubbly-Pockets, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Theballetgirl (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
I don't think that this ghost in your house is your dad because your dad wouldn't tell you to get out of the house. He wouldn't scratch you. He wouldn't knock over a vase and bang on things. It's probably a different evil spirit.
Bubbly-Pockets (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Thanks everyone.
We cleansed the house, and the activity has calmed down a bit. But, we still hear like knocking on the walls. Recently, my dads birthday has passed and I've just been waking up a 4 am... Never the less, everything has calmed down though.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Rook's right, 3 is the devil's number and man's number is 6. God's number is said to be 7.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I am not sure what to make of this... However I would like to address something before it gets 'out of hand'.

BlueBakemono,

A couple of things boy'o...

First it's the smell of SULFUR that is associated with a 'demon or demonic'.

Second...it's the number 3 that is the 'Devil's' number... It is supposed to 'mock' the Holy Trinity.

Third... Lots of things growl and many of them are not 'demons or demonic'.

I do agree with anneke however... I do not think this may be your dad... Unless there is something we need to know about his personality before he passed...

There seems to be a lot happening in your home... Please feel free to try this with your Mother it could help...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
sweetstar85 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Hi Kira, I really don't think that this is your Father coming through. It does sound more demonic than your regular type of spirit. Bad smells can most definitely be associated with demons (in a lot of cases you do smell quite bad/musty smells-apparently)
Demons generally strike when people are feeling vulnerable or down etc. From what you say, it sounded like the activity was initially around you, had you had any problems lately, or feeling bad-emotionally? And of course it seemed to of spread to your family. Unfortunatly moving doesn't really help, demons tend to follow if they are getting what they want (people being scared, and literally feeding them with fear) it is quite ridiculous for me to say to you "don't be afraid, and you'll beat it" because of course you will be scared when it is physically attacking you. A physical attack means it is quite strong, so I would really try to get a professional in. I would also suggest maybe trying to cleanse the house as a family, but it can sometimes annoy the entity and can cause backlash where it can be pretty constant disturbances from then on. Good news is, they can be got rid of. Maybe if you are religious just try some simple prayers, or crosses etc. If you are not, maybe try lighting white candles, and using sage/inscense in the windows (around the frames) doors and any corner in the house basically.
I would say to do that in the mean time but definitely call in professionals, or if you are religious a priest? I hope it all works out for you! 😊 😊
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
It is NOT your father. It is a demon.
It is common to smell burning rubber when there is a demon around, violence like that is rarely ever a ghost, the number 6 is the Devil's number, it is common to hear a demon growling... I could go on forever.
If your mother isn't already aware, you need to tell her about these things and move. If you can't move, contact a priest to cleanse the house. If you can't do that, you'll have to do it yourself. I can't really give you much help with that part as I have no idea how to do it, but I'm sure you can Google tons of stuff about it.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I don't think your dad will do this to you except if he was a violent person! I don't think so...
Don't know if it has something to do with the locket, not sure of course. Was nothing done in your house to provoke a bad entity? I would get professional help if I were you, this thing sounds dangerous!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: