You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My First Visit By A Demon

Real Ghost Stories

My First Visit By A Demon

 

This is my first post here and I have been catching up on other peoples experiences during the holidays. My experiences have always been rough. I can narrow it down to my first experience with an evil spirit (s) from when I was 15. I never really believed it until some years later. But here we go...

When I was 15 years old, I belonged to a church group. It was a Catholic prayer group and me and my older sister always hung out with the other kids. It was during the summer time so there were a lot of seminars for this church group. Me and my sister were signed up to go a seminar specifically for ages 13-21. It was here that I met a guy name Justin. Justin was a troubled kid from California but claimed he had a gift that he could see spirits and peoples' auras. He came in a group with 4 other guys from California and they stayed at my house.

After the seminar was over, we decided to have some fun and go out at night. The 7 of us crammed in one car, my sister driving, 2 in the passenger and 5 in the back. We met up with other teenagers from the group so there should have been about 20 or so of us. Justin stayed in the car because he was scared (I guess he saw some things).

This is in Seattle, Wa and the place we went to is called Kabuta Gardens. I can't remember the time but I'm sure it was past midnight. In the middle of the park is a house where an Asian family used to live. The story for that was the father got possessed and killed his wife, his 17 year old daughter and himself, on his daughters birthday. The house was boarded up with a fence surrounding it. The dare/urban legend was if it was your 17th birthday and you knocked on the door you would die a week later. It was one of the kids birthday and he went up to knock on the door. While he was getting "pumped up" to go, a few of us were throwing rocks at the house. For every rock we threw, a tap would come from the house. Amazed by this, just one of us threw rocks, while the rest listened. Sure enough, the sound of the rock hitting the house was replied to by a sound from the inside of the house. We stopped as the birthday boy went to knock on the door.

While he was climbing the fence, I was at the side of the house standing by whatever light I could get from the moon. I looked at the house and saw 3 little red fireflies moving around in circles and everywhere all on the side of the house. I was excited because I have never seen fireflies before. Well, birthday boy climbed the fence and knocked on the door 3 times. The house responded with 3 knocks. He ran and climbed the fence while all of us just started to run.

My sister ran into a rock and she had scrapped her leg on it. Me and my sister were close so I got mad and started cursing at the house and threw rocks at. All of a sudden we were fighting each other all the way back to the car. Let's keep in mind that I was 15. I didn't swear or talk bad like that until I joined the Marine Corps. I get in the car and Justin is staring at me. I sit right next to him and say, "what the f*** are you looking at?!?". He looks away and says nothing. On the drive home me and my sister were fighting and I felt like, I was watching me argue with her through my eyes. I know that sounds weird, but it was as if the real me was trapped inside my body while my mouth and mind was controlled by something else. I also remember feeling good at the things I told her.

We get to our house and we all get out. Justin talks to the rest of the group and I just want to sleep. They tell me walk around in a circle. I tell them to f*** off, I'm tired. I do it anyways because they weren't going in the house until I did it. They had me walk circles, back and forth. Then Justin said that there was a tiny black dot following me and that it wasn't anything good. Scared, I agree to be prayed upon so that this black dot doesn't get in the house. The group surrounds me and prays over me and I feel calm and lightweight. We go inside the house, move down to the basement and I ask Justin what he thinks it was. He said it was a demon and it attached itself to me while we were at the park. I asked him if it was gone and he said no. Without even looking he said it was outside the sliding glass door looking at me, with long black hair, gray skin and red eyes. He said it was smiling at me, as if to say it will be back for me. Or a "Don't worry, I'll get you later" type of look.

A few days later, the guys leave and I start my first year of high school. I question myself about Justin and wonder if it was all real or if he was lying. I tell myself he is just a troubled kid from California and I label him as a liar. I never hear from him again. I forget about everything and moved on with my life because high school is more important than anything in the world.

Skip to 7 years later. I'm 22, in the United States Marine Corps on security duty with some Navy guy, in some 3rd world country. Since it was going to be 8 hours long, we decided to talk to each other. I find out he's Christian and has a religious group of friends that want to fight evil and help people. I kind of laugh at him but we exchange stories and experiences and then I tell him what happened when I was 15.

While telling him, I kept getting annoyed at him because he kept looking away like I was shining a flashlight in his face. He just wouldn't look at me. I finish and he tells me he saw the demon. I didn't believe him at first because I pretty much repeated the description of the demon that Justin saw.

He described in detail, not the demon, but my house. He said he saw my basement and the sliding glass door as if he was standing on the steps. He saw the couches, the mirror, the piano, the tables and through the sliding glass door, was the demon and darkness. He couldn't look at me because he had flashes of my house and of the demon. He knew I was telling the truth because he saw it himself. Even though it was right in front of my face, I still really didn't believe Justin or the Navy guy.

Fast forward to deployment leave (Aug 2009). I'm back in Seattle and I go on a police ride with my brother-in-law. Guess where we go on our lunch break. Kabuta Gardens, of course, where it all started. I ask him if there was really a murder/suicide there and he tells me yes. Apparently it was big thing before he joined the SPD and then he repeated the whole urban legend about being 17 and knocking on the door. At that moment, it dawns on me. This is Seattle, WA. There are no fireflies in Seattle, WA. I looked up videos of fireflies on YouTube and they didn't move like the things I saw at the house. The red lights I saw were crazy in movements but were in some sort of unison with each other. I don't know what they were so I am not even going to try to explain further.

After all that, I still questioned what I saw and felt. The random pairing of a US Marine and a US Sailor on guard duty talking about that night, his visions and reassurance that the demon (who he knows by name) wants me to stray away from my religious beliefs. My research with my brother-in-law, the actual murder/suicide and the non-existent fireflies in Seattle. Kabuta Gardens is said to be one to most haunted places in Washington, where you would have to go there in even numbers of people. If you don't a spirit will attach to you to make it even. I knew the answers were right there in front of my face but at the time, I didn't believe it.

From the time I got home from that deployment to now, I know that was just the beginning. That evil spirit did come back for me. But those experiences will be for my next time. (Which I already wrote, waiting to submit:D)

Other hauntings by CrisDukes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrisDukes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
UPDATE: Little more digging, found May at UW in 1941 as well.:) That's a good sign. But as far as I can tell, she -might- have married a Mr. Albert Ikeda, but I can't confirm that yet. I'd have to do more digging. In any case, she didn't die young either.

PS: Irene, if you'd like the photo of one of your old friends, I'd be happy to send it to you.:)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Some urban legends are quite funny, ne?
I can corroborate irenehoard's story with documentation. I found a 1940 census with Fujitaro and Kumae Kubota, residing in Seattle. He was a gardener, born in 1880. She was a housewife, born in 1882. I see three children residing with them: Takeshi, 27 years old; Thomas, 22 years old; May, 20 years old. Both Fujitaro and Kumae (and presumably their children) were subjected to relocation during WWII. Fujitaro died 6 Feb 1973. Kumae died 12 Apr 1949... I think. (That record may not be her.) Takeshi died 29 Feb 1996. Thomas/Tomi/Tom died 9 Aug 2004. But I haven't been able to find May yet past her relocation records [http://www.japaneserelocation.org/index.php?page=directory&rec=90888]. She may have married in another state. Poor girl, she was attending UW in 1939. I found a photo of her. Had her education disrupted due to the war.:/

All in all, they sound like a very nice family, so I'm with Irene. It's likely that someone else in your group was already harboring something evil. OR something attached itself to a previous visitor and remained, lying in wait for the next victim.

And/or some people lied very, very convincingly to you. Note the and/or part of that. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes, those who seem like they're trying to protect you are only trying to hurt you. Remember, the best way to convince someone with a lie is to tell them a half-truth.

Also, I think sometimes people just want to feel like they can see things or be involved, and they're more than happy to reaffirm what you think you saw, because they just want to be included in your adventure.

I do look forward to more stories. That will help with solving this riddle, I think! MOAR! We demand MOAR!:D
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
i just read today that some people have died and lost their awareness and never saw a light while others have seen a light and are aware is it possible to forget their death or near death experience when they get revived?
irenehoard (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
Although your story quite entertaining as it was... And very well told I might add, the urban legend is a myth and just that. I grew up in the now re-zoned plot in the white house you come to right after the gardens, knew the Kubotas very well, their 2 sons Tim and Taki both lived quite the long life. T?im Kubota and his wife lived right behind us in the brown house on the corner, and the gardens were my "playground" so to speak. The boarded up house you speak of was boarded up after the parents died and fenced due to vandals constantly going in and ruining the property. Also after Tim Kubota died the family decided to sell the gardens to the city, and not sure of the "fireflies" you saw but because of vandals awhile before Tim Kubota passed motion detectors were installed and you could have been seeing the lights from the "trip" lasers going off. As for your demon well I cannot explain it except for maybe you picked it up from those amongst you, I wouldn't even doubt you got it from the boy you were with, I'm not a skeptic and I definately believe in ghosts, have had experiences just twice of my own, but I guarantee you didn't get it from the gardens, I have been in there many many times alone at night and have never had anything bad happen or attach itself to me and I myself am also a religious person.
Jkilla2061 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Im looking this up because this happened to me just tonight... I know what you mean. They don't move like fireflies. No one here beleives me. Rarely this happenes but when it does... I hate it. A "firefly" does its thing while my dog barks at it. Not knowing what it was barking at I went to see. I smacked the dog and said shut up and went to lay back down. Very quickly, to fast for any insect more like a slow birds speed, it came into my room and swooped by me. Scaed (im 17) I pulled the covers over my head but my arms are still exposed. I then felt pressure like a small child sitting on me and I feel a hot breath on my arm. Its freezing in here because of the air conditioner so ik its not just wind and the windows are all shut cause of the ac. The dog stopped barking when it followed me into my room and then when the dog entered it jumped on my couch I sleep on and barked until the pressure was gone and then both dogs barked like crazy at the front door. I called my house fone and told my grandmom to come and help me and explained but she blamed it on mirrors and reflections... And the light she turned on was flickering too. But she explained that as a fuse... I don't know what to do. I'm so scared
CrisDukes (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Hey guys! Thanks for commenting.

Teneki, BlueTurtle- I don't recall anything serious happening to the birthday boy. I think the urban legend was mostly for the girls. But in any case, I just remember that he had a lot of drama in his life after wards, but who doesn't?

Moongrim- No, definitely not laser pointers. I remember looking at the side of the house and they were flying all over the place. I was looking up and you can still see them in the sky, with the moon and stars as the background. Also, the return knock happened immediately, and it sounded like it came from the side of the house I was one, but everyone heard it. From what I have been told, the murder/suicide has always been part of the urban legend. I didn't believe it until I asked my brother in law, he's been patrolling that area for almost 15 years. I don't know if anything was published about it or not, but it's one of those things where I trust him with my life, wife, food and money, so I trust his word.

Plus, this is only the beginning. 😨
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
that is creepy and there is a spirit or spirits attached to me as well so I understand what you are talking about.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
It's strange... I was just looking at this link this morning and your story reminded me of it:
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onry%C5%8D
Although I know that that's not the accurate description of what you saw, it seems similar. I've read in stories before that red fireflies are definite symbols of the prescence of spirits, especially vengeful ones. They're almost like eyes or spiritual pinpoints.
What did happen to the birthday boy?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
Or the 'fireflies' could just as easily be laser pointers in the hand (s) of a person. How quickly after the initial knock did the return sound occur and from where exactly did it come from?
Http://www.kubota.org/history.htm

According to this site: http://home.comcast.net/~northwesthauntings/wash.html

There is nothing corroborating a murder/suicide at Kubota Gardens.

But according to this one- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubota_Garden

There have been no small number of vandalisms of the house...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
You never said if anything at all happened to the birthday boy. I assume he didn't die as the legend said because I'm sure you would have mentioned that, but did he see anything or hear anything afterwards?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: