You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Cop Car

Real Ghost Stories

The Cop Car

 

One night my mother and I were driving home from my grandmothers house. It was late (about eleven p.m.) and I was curled up in the passenger seat looking at the rear view mirror to watch the scenery pass by. We were driving on a country road with nothing but grass, ponds, old run down barns and trees.

We drove past the one turn you would find for about four miles. A cop with a 70's model cruiser pulled out from the turn and followed behind us. My mom kind of freaked out thinking he was hiding to find speeder. We had been speeding enough to get pulled over. But, he never once flashed his lights... He just kept following us. The inside of the cop car was too dark to see.

We kept driving looking back every now and then. We finally reached another turn, thinking he was going to turn. But, he kept straight, still following us. We, then, started thinking he was a one of those fake cops who follow women driving alone to almost unpopulated areas to pull them over and rape them. We eventually came close to a four way stop light. My mom was looking back at the cop still and I yelled "Mom! Stop light!" She looked forward and slammed on her brakes. We both looked back at the cop who had calmly slowed to a stop behind us. When the light turned green we looked back behind us to see if he would turn or if he would follow us. But, the cop car was gone.

My mother turned to me and said "Elizabeth, please tell me that the cop was still there when we stopped at the light and that I'm not going crazy." I told her that I had seen it too. We still try to think of reasons why it vanished from time to time. But can't think of anything possible.

Other hauntings by LizzyBoo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LizzyBoo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-08)
did you ever see or even hear of it again?
Has anyone else seen it that you know of?
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
the cop car just drove away and you didn't see it... So there you go... Mystery solved...
LizzyBoo (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Hey everyone. I've tried to do some research but I can't find anything so far.
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
that was very strange the simalur thing happened with me and my mom except it was with an apperition and not a vehicle.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Creepy story thanks for sharing!

Try to find any history of the place, you might find something interesting to share with us!

Looney! 😊
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
This is a really cool story, and it adds more authenticity when you have someone with you who experiences the same thing. No doubt that stretch of road has an event linked to it. Do you remember where you were and if you can look up if there were any accidents there? Very spooky.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Freeky! Try to find out if there wasn't a accident there in the 70's where a cop perhaps died in that area. Perhaps he is still looking for cars to fine. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: