You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Day That Changed My Life

Real Ghost Stories

The Day That Changed My Life

 

This all happened on the 20th of march 1999, I was only 14 at the time and it was a bright spring morning, all the time I had lived in my house I had seen and heard some strange things. When I was 4 I had just moved into the house and as soon as we entered the house I was apparently crying uncontrollably all day. I also remember a time when I was 7, I got up at about 11:00pm to get a drink and I saw a man in the kitchen. I remember him being very old, about 60, he also was dripping water, he looked cold and was naked. I was so scared I could not move or speak. He just stood there looking at me. Finally I just turned around and ran. I told my mother and she said I was dreaming which I believed for a while, until I saw him again. This time he was standing in the garden, again he was just staring. I thought that I was just dreaming every time.

Everything stopped after that until I was 14. I woke up and got changed, my mother had left for work and I was on my own. It was a very hot day outside but for some reason the house was freezing cold, I was actually shivering. Then for the third time in my life I saw him. He was standing in the front room as I walked in. I was frozen to the spot, I just stared at him and he stared back. His eye looked into my eye and he began to walk away. I just stood there, dead quiet, watching. He moved into the kitchen and he was out of sight. After a while I moved a few steps and peered round the corner of the kitchen.

He had gone. After this event I had to go see a therapist for about 5 months. Ever since this happened I have been hearing strange noises at night. Creaking of the floor boards, breathing and just strange noises when I walk around the house. I still have nightmares about the man and I don't think the therapy has helped, if you have any comments or suggestions that could help me please do say.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rofl50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rofl50 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
I have researched the house and it was built in the 70's. I'm not really sure how this could have happened but thanks
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
don't fear hun just let it wander it will go on his own he will soon realize you are no longer afraid and go on in the mean time keep the faith and may God bless you 😁
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
This is a very interesting case, but I hope that there is some comfort in that the ghost doesn't seem to be bad in nature, besides frightening you with his presence (and who wouldn't be).
Some research on your home might help with closure, like who the man might be, if he lived and possibly died there before you moved in, or even how he died. If he appeared to be dripping wet, perhaps he drowned? It's just a theory. Maybe your research will shed some more light onto this.
I'm sorry that therapy has not helped much. Personally, I'm a bit fed up with therapists because the last one I saw when I was in college didn't help me at all. She was young and pretty much just a student herself, looking at me as if I was the next entry in her resume rather than a human being.
In any case, if this man's presence bothers you that much, you could do a house blessing or even smudge it with sage to encourage him to move on.
Whatever you do, don't use a Ouija board to find out more, that just leads to trouble.
Hope any of this helps and I hope that things get better for you. Try not to get discouraged, it seems he doesn't mean you any harm, and I'm sure things will get better.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
I think this old man could be the spirit of a man that used to live in the house he seems to be as puzzled about you as you are of him. Interesting have you done any research on the house? If not you may want too. He doesn't seem to mean you any harm but, bare in mind if he did live there before you he has most likely been there longer than you have and you may just be able to just live with him being there, that's your call. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: