You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Working In The Haunted Kentucky State Office Building

Real Ghost Stories

Working In The Haunted Kentucky State Office Building

 

I currently work in the Kentucky State Office Building in Frankfort KY. There are many strange things that happen in that building. Many of the other people that work there are afraid to stay past dark.

On my first week working there, I was having a conversation with another employee and she was telling me about how one night when she stayed late, she was in her cubicle when she heard a copy machine running in a few cubicles down from her. She also heard footsteps. She called out "Is anyone there?", but no one answered. She was a little scared because she had previously had other ghostly expirences. After awhile, she heard footsteps walking down the aisle coming to her cubicle. Once again she called out "Is anybody there?!" still no answer. She began to panic and she ran as fast as she could out of the office building. The next day she asked around if anybody else had stayed late but nobody did.

She is only one of the few that have had something scary happen to them in this building. A lot of people felt like they are being watched, and one man swears he was pushed down the stairs by an unseen force.

If you were to google "Haunted state office building in kentucky" you should find a website dedicated to it and it tells how before there was this office building, an asylum or something to that degree was there before it was torn down. Could these be the ghosts that have lived there a long time ago? Ghost hunters have come to the building on a few occasions and have caught a voice recording of what they believe to be a spirit whispering. Now on with my personal experience.

I was leaving work (it was not dark mind you) and I was running down the hall to catch the elevator. Well there was a man in the elevator just staring at me (I had never seen this man before, which is very strange). Well, I barely missed the elevator and the doors closed. I quickly pressed the button for it to come back down, and without delay, the doors reopened. I was very scared to see that no one was in the elevator! The doors had only been closed for like three seconds so the man had no time to get off at the next floor.

That is just one of my many experiences there. You know there really is something in that building when grown men and women are too afraid to use the bathrooms by themeselves!

Other hauntings by Mreaglesfan127

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mreaglesfan127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
You know there's a saying that places aren't haunted just people are. As I sit here typing I find that a little unnerving. But believe it to be true. Anyway there's a strong possibility they were once the residents of the previous building
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
[at] Mr, If you have many, go for it! I enjoy the entertainment! I look forward to your next story. 😉 😊
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Fergie

Don't worry, Me and my family have plenty of encounters. Some even are happening on a daily basis!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Mr, You are most welcome! A word of advice; don't 'burn yourself out' in one mad rush. Pace your stories, like one every two weeks. Unless you have a TON of stories. Keep them coming back for more!
This is only a sugestion, take no notice of me, if you don't want to.
I would like to see you around for a long time to come, not gone in a flash of light! ❤
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Fergie

Well thank you, I kind of do like the excitement. I should have another story coming up whenever the site decides to publish it.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Gee Mr, That you still DARE to work there, is rather strange. 😲 Unless, you like the adrenelin rush, that it must give you? On reflection, If I were younger, I mught do the same!
I wait, in anticipation, for your next story. 😊
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
[at] Fergie

Thanks for taking interest. But yeah, almost everybody in the building can feel something odd going on. The ghost hunters that recentley checked the building out claimed that it was haunted.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Wow! "When grown men and women are too afraid to use the bathrooms by themselves!" THAT really tells you something; that something is not 'right' with the building/property. Thanks for sharing your scary story.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
I worked as the only person monitoring the phones for a very short lived Garage Door business my nephew tried to run. I was terrified of the hall that ran behind the dentist office into our location.
Mreaglesfan127 (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
I also heard that before our office building was built, there was a brewery there and workers that worked there would hear voices and lights would turn on whenno one would be in the room.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
I can thoroughly identify. I work in a building that is much smaller, but about 50 years old and I always feel that there is another presence there.
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Thanks for sharing your story. It is more than possible these ghosts are left over from the older building on the site. Ghost don't just haunt buildings but can attach themselves to the land that the building sits on. Thanks again for sure. Cheers!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: