You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Shadow People Remain

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow People Remain

 

I have to say that I am now officially freaked. The shadow people in my room are still there, only now they've started messing with me. And I mean REALLY messing with me. Every time I go to walk out of my room, I feel someone pull my hair, hard enough to yank my head back, and hear distinct growlings. I turn around, and nothing is there. At night, whether my light is on or off, the cat is with me or not, they appear. Of course, they only appear where there is shadow and there is one corner of my room that is always in shadow. Light or no light, I can never really see back there. I put my TV there so most of it is covered. Unfortunately, that hasn't done me much good. I still hear what sounds like shuffling footsteps, harsh whispers, knocking on my window, and... okay, my mom says this is just my imagination but... If you have a box TV, go up to it and smack the top or side of it. How can you imagine that sound? It wakes me in the middle of the night and it keeps going and going, tapping and knocking and rapping... I'm going insane!

A few nights ago, I went to go lay down in my room. It was close to midnight and I went to my room, shut the door, and just fell onto the bed. I laid there for a while, and then I felt something sharp rake across the backs of my legs. Well, I screamed and bolted upright. I looked around, thinking that it could've been my cat. He wasn't in the room and my door was shut tight still. I went to see where he was and found him sleeping in the living room... Right where I'd left him. I checked the backs of my legs and found three, distinct, BLEEDING scratches that ran across both claves.

Needless to say, I didn't go back into my room. I slept out in the living room with my brother and his friends. Who DID hear me scream, by the way.

Last night, I sat up and when all the noise started up again, I stared right at the darkest corner of my room and, though I do not practice religion, said, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ..." outloud, very clear, and very firmly. Instead of feeling better, the atmosphere in the room got real heavy and I felt like bolting out of there instantly. When the feeling didn't subside I told whatever was in my room to please leave me alone and to stop tormenting me. I heard what sounded like evil laughter, you know, like someone was giggling at my discomfort and feeble attempt to make it leave.

I've tried everything I can think of, and they keep coming back. I tried time and time again to find out if anything strange had happened in my home before we moved here, but found nothing. There's nothing that could be causing this unless they're drawn to me. None of this happened until one of my friends dared my to enter our local cemetery alone. I told them to leave me alone about it and they said, "Sure, fine, whatever," and when I turned away from them, they pushed me over the wall and the next thing I knew, I was back on the outside of the gate and my friends were freaking out. I asked them what happened and they told me that the instant I was over the wall, I started screaming bloody murder then just collapsed.

I'm thinking that these shadow people have something to do with that incident, but I'm not sure. I'm scared and angry and wish that they would just go away. I don't know what to do and my mother won't believe anything I say. I showed her the scratches and she said it was the cat and refused to hear anything more.

Any advice would be welcome. I was willing to share my time and space with these entities, but now that they have turned a bit violent... I don't know, I just need help.

Other hauntings by unguided_traveler

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, unguided_traveler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

barnowl (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
personaly I would have a priest come a preform a exsecisim. FAST!
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
I didn't know shadow people could harm us. I say put faith in our lord. Last night I had a nightmare and watched as white and black figures walked around. The instant I asked God to make it go away so I could sleep I fell asleep feeling protected and loved and wasn't disturbed for the rest of the night. I like the idea of thinking God sent my Guardian Angel to protect me. ❤ Don't feel scared and its very hard to make them go away. But just keep your faith strong whatever religion you might be. I wish you luck and blessings~Katherine~ ❤ ❤
Danny6752 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
buy a flashlight and shine it into the darkest corner of the room, if you find out that keeps them away, keep doing it and talk to a priest
Rhys (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
OK if you still live there or the shads have followed you buy a low, but good, energy consuming lamp and keep it on all night. If you still live there put it on the T.V. But I would see your area's church about it. I know how it feels to have Shadow People live with you I guest I can say that they are every where. I think you should not back down, am to scared to try it, if it works please say so I can get my one back to hell s/he is doing it more now that I join the sit 😠 😨

Shadow People = 😠
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-06)
wow, it's been two years. Have they left you alone yet? I sure hope that you've found peace.
Kenichi_Taro (11 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-07-18)
I know what to do. Use a little invention of mine I call "The Vonnegut Sense" (named after my favorite writer). Fight the shadow people with your own sanity. The scratches are only there because you picture them there. You really scratched yourself on something else. Shadow People ARE real, but they don't have that much power over you. Once you realize all they can do is scare you, they can't hurt you, but you can hurt them. If this doesn't work, try to put up a charm. Not a crucifix (a crucifix would just look silly), but a dream catcher. If THAT doesn't work, try to convince yourself they don't exist, even though they do. I once knew someone who got rid of them that way. I'm an expert at shadow people, and if anyone knows how to get rid of them, I do. There are countless ways. I would post more, but I think that would be enough.
pleasehelp (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
hi...your story... Or should I say stories... Really showed me that I'm not the only one this stuff happens too... I'm going to warn you... The way you describe these shadows... Is the way I have seen them all my life... Like you said in another story... They grabbed your ankles...well...i said the same thing you said while I was in the bath... And I felt my hair get jurcked... And my head was slammed into the bottom of the tub... They can be dangerous... Trust me... Ive seen them hundreds of times... At diffrent places... And I'm only fourteen... And they're driving me insane... If you have any thing that would help me id really appreciate it...thanks
seremela06 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
hi. I have noticed that there weren't really any comments about the fact that you used jesus' name to make the shadow people go away. So, at risk of sounding like a religious nutcase, I'm going to be that person. Unfortunately, jesus' name cannot be used by someone who doesn't believe in him. I have never had any experiences as radical as yours, but I have had run-ins with spirits (demons) in the past. Mostly the feeling that there is a demon in the room with me. Feelings of dread and fear. And to combat those, I rebuke them in the name of jesus and possibly turn on some worship music. The spirit world is very real, though a lot of the christian community refuses to believe in this part of it. We are in a constant spiritual battle and we need the right tools to fight. This is where the power of the holy spirit and even speaking in tongues comes into play. Religious nutcase? Possibly. But do demons bother me? No. They will not when you call on the power of jesus christ. But only a believer can call on that power. Email me if you want to talk.:)
JustThere (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
okay, look,
if they're getting rough with you, it's time to stop being nice. Excuse my language, but when something is messing with me I tell it to f*ck off. Stop pleading, it's just feeding their hunger, if you just stop noticing them, ignore them, then there is a slight chance they WON'T stop...
I've had some crazy experiences myself, almost the exact same thing really, and being scared isn't the answer. I'll have to admit, it's a little scary at first, but I've learned to live with my demons, you should learn to live with yours.
PS: Running away doesn't help either, if they are truly after you, they will follow you in every shadow you see, like I said, don't be afraid. Personally, I don't have any religious beliefs, so I don't do the whole "Jesus save me" thing, incase you haven't noticed, Jesus is kind of dead himself. It's not like "he" CAN get rid of him, but what do I know? I'm not questioning your beliefs, its just sometimes there are bigger things God himself...
Like I've said, stop being afraid, it just gives them a bigger reason to bug you.
With much hope for the future-
JustThere
reps (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
theres some things that are really strong if it is hurting you get a priest in there bless the room. Something must have happened in that room that left a strong impression.

If your parents don't believe you either have them stay in the room or your brother and see what happens next morning.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
I can certainly see how this is uncomfortable and frightening. When telling them to leave, you must believe in Jesus Christ and God. You need to pray and believe in those prayers. Anything done half-hearted will not work. Reading from a Bible (believing the words that you read) and having crosses in the home, especially the bed room could certainly help. If this is not within your beliefs there have been some wonderfulo comments and advise given reagrding sage and rub cleansing, charged crystals and many other effective tools within your beliefs.

I pray for you to endure and find peace within this situation.

If you brother and his friends heard you scream, why did they not come and investigate? Have any of these types of occurances happoened to anyone else in the home? Just curious.

God Bless
Jones (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Shouting the names of foreign religious leaders at entities has never really been all that effective, particularly if you're not actually a follower of the individual concerned. If they are spirits of the place then invoking an outsider might just cause resentment. Interesting that it seems to have started in a cemetery, though. I'm not sure how things work over there, but here a cemetery will usually have a single guardian whose job it is to protect it. They rarely, if ever, leave its confines.
Of course, there are many older methods of protecting tombs and such, but I don't know enough about the culture in your neck of the woods to come up with any ideas.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Unguided_traveller, I've just read all your stories and they are very interesting. You must be going crazy with all these things that happen to you?
You mentioned in one of your first stories about the shadow people, that there is one of them that stops the other's when it looks like you're going to get hurt. Is this always the case? I can't help but think that this other 'shadow' is some kind of guardian or protector. I'm no expert, but that is my view. Whenever you feel that these shadows are around you, or they start to talk etc, concentrate all your energy on the good shadow, ask for it's help, imagine it protecting you. They obviously have smoe kind of interest in you. Maybe you are pyschic?
I think you should definately contact some local mediums and try to get their help. They may be able to find out why these people are here or why they have chosen you. Keep us updated.
I sincerely hope you get this sorted. All the best, Lian
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-21)
thanx for your advice. I just wish that they would talk to me. I've tried, I have, and all they do is disappear. I really want to know what they want, I do. And if they need help, then it only makes me feel worse when I get scared. I'll try to make contact again tonight and maybe I'll get something out of it. I doubt it, but I'll give it a shot if it means helping them. Thank you all again.
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
now this might be abit out theere and stuff but maybe they are suppose to "carry" souls on to the next world and because people arent dieing (because of medicine and stuff that) they have nothing to do and they are rebelling? I just thinking cause I was talking to my mum about how the earth is over populated (because we had been watching live earth) I know this is going to sound mean but if we didn't save the cancer paitents and the aid paitents the earth wouldn't overpopulated and so many poeple wouldn't get so sick cause the earth would be cleaner woah sorry for going on
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear unguided_traveler,

I think I would just move. Uh, move with or without my parents. --Abby
Levithan_Cresce (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
hmm, seems like Hannahbmarie101 comment got deleted, anyways take what I said into consideration, even while they may be actiong rough maybe all they want is help
Levithan_Cresce (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
sorry to say this Hannahbmarie101, but you shouldnt watch so many horror movies, while it may make you feel safe amateur tools like a cross and holy water won't do much good more then adding a somewhat protective light to your aura, these shadow people are there for a reason, using holy tools to try to scare them away when maybe they are there with a message or a sign for you isn't very polite, as an example let's say your mother or grandmother wants to hold a conversation with you and you just decides to walk out of the room without a word, these shadow people may be doing these things because they want your attention, ignore their tries for getting attention leaves them with no other choice then making more noice and even make more physical actions, my suggestion is that if you are able to hear their voices ask what they need help with, they may have a problem and the one closest to them who can help them may be you unguided_traveler, do not fear them, stand up, show courage and determination, if they are only there to cause trouble to you send em out, if they are there because they need help then help them, listen to what they have to say, as I said before if you need help just email me and I will see what I can do.
Levithan_Cresce (5 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
this is indeed scary, but there must be a reason to why they are after you, have you tried to ask em what they want? You know even if they are spirits and mostly unseen doesn't mean that you can't hold a conversation with em like yer doing normaly with living people, give it a try, these things usually happens because they want to give you a sign or something, if they are only there to mess with yer life then something must be done else like real life bullies in school they will probably only do more and more things to you, as Ariokage mentioned you could look up any mediums who are nearby to yer home location to help you else you can throw me an email with detailed information about these spirits and yer problems, if they are only there to mess with you I could probably make an protective symbol for you to protect you from em.
ariokage (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
hi, wow this story just gave me the hibbie jeebies! I am an ametuer ghosthunter (12yrs old) and I have had 6-7 expeinces but I know what you have is a poltergiest and maybe a *gulp* dopplerganger, I suggest you get a medium or something I wouldn't want anything bad to happen! And those scratches wow that's creppy, mmy friend has a poltergeist and she has scratces too... 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: