You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hovering In My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Hovering In My Bed

 

When I was in college, things would randomly fall off the wall. The shower would randomly turn on and my roommate thought I was always playing pranks by scratching at the walls. I didn't think too much about it but thought "OMG, we have a ghost living with us".

4 years later, my husband and I move into a townhouse. Since moving, my dog has lost some sense of being potty trained. I thought he was mad because of the move, but we had already lived in 3 different places since then. I had caught video of him running and biting at the air. He will sit at night and follow the air as if he looking at something. One night, he got on his hind legs and stood like a person for almost a minute until I screamed for my husband. I have a picture of this too. Random things would fall from our shelves such as candles. A box had fallen off our counter when it was clearly not on the edge. Our toliet seats will randomly fall down and at times, I hear footsteps in the halls. At first, we attributed most of the bizarre movements to having neighbors or the dogs. I always thought it was a ghost.

I am assured it was a ghost of some sort from this morning's events. My husband comes and kisses me each morning before leaving for work. Today he left at 6am. I had fallen asleep within a few minutes and was dreaming about a wedding and was woken up what felt like a knee in the mattress of the bed. It woke me from my dream and I thought it was my husband back for some reason. When there was silences and the hovering feeling, I immediately froze and was scared. I laid there thinking "am I dreaming?", for I knew our dogs were downstairs and my husband would have said something of kissed me if he was leaning. So I laid there with my eyes closed.

Then it felt like someone was laying next to me and I felt pressure on my leg and then a hand on my hip as if I were being spooned/cuddled. I knew it wasn't my husband, but thought it might be someone who broke in or the dogs (which were pinned up downstairs). I just remember being scared. So to test if it were a person, I moved the leg that was being touched and all the sensations went away. I was scared to open my eyes in fear of seeing someone stand there either real or a ghost. I was sweating, my heart was pounding and I was SCARED (which doesn't happen often). I got my cell and immediately texted my husband even before trying to look around the room. I used the light from my phone and there was nothing. I felt nothing more, saw nothing more, but am still very scared and uneasy.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MMeeks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Some people will say it is sleep paralysis.
But something like this happened to me too, and I am very sure there was no sleep paralysis there. I was wide awake, could not open my eyes though. I think there was something there. If it happens again, open your eyes! 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
MMeeks,

This is the Method lynrinth was refering to. I use it for my Home and Family.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
dogboy114 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
The only thing I have an explanation for is the thing you said about your dog. It was probably just a nat or a bug he wanted to catch, my dog does that all the time, lol. 😆 😊
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Well, my dear, then it's up to you want you would like to do next. Have you discussed this with your husband? Perphaps he has heard, or felt something. Then there a whole slew of ways of approaching this situation. There is the religious way, whatever your faith is. There is the non-traditional ways. Like Rook's housecleansing. Sometimes they can be effective. Or the 'old remedy' ways. Like using salt, or iron. They could work too. There are paranormal investiagative teams, or individuals who help people in this type of predicament. Or, if you need a rest and need to regroup and think on this, maybe go away for a few days and try to get some real rest. Stay at a friend's. Have a friend stay overnight. There are sooooooooo many ways. There will be more commentors coming hopefully with better advice. Just hang in there as much as you can. It's up to you what you feel you can do next.

This comment from meme738 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
Oh wow. Feeling the sensation of someone laying next to you is definitely scary. Do you think when you were dozing, you know in the state of consciousness between waking and sleeping, and just imagined it? Still, with all the things going on go, it's hard to ignore the fact that something paranormal is happening to you. There is a poster name Rookygin, who has a housecleansing receipe. I guess it's a house blessing and can be rather powerful. Or someone usual has it. Just type his name in the search engine and it should just come up. Others will come by with more advice. Be strong, stand firm, and know that you have people here for you. Your husband, and dogs by your side, you can't fail.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: