You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She's Still Here

Real Ghost Stories

She's Still Here

 

First off I live in my great grandmas house, she was very nice and always made me me laugh, but she passed away, and we moved in. When we first moved in I was a little scared, I felt like she was going to haunt the place. But nothing like that ever happened, until we started remodeling.

My mee-maw (thats what I used to call her) had this house bulit the way she wanted, everything was just for her. But apparently it wasn't bulit very well so, my dad decided to fix it up a little. We started with the kitcken (her favorite room). As soon as we started, every night I would hear someone walking around, I always thought it was one of my family members getting something to drink or something like that, but one night I got up to see who it was and no one was there. I knew I heard somebody, but I started to question myself. I decided to ask my sister about it, it turns out she had the same problem! We both got scared, but soon calmed down, because if it really was my mee-maw, then we had nothing to worry about. We kind of felt safe in a way.

Other things that happen now are I hear footsteps in my hallway, and it feels like they stop and through the crack of my door (my door doesn't close all the way) just staring at me, and all I can do, is just sit there frozen. It stays there a while then just leaves. I know when it leaves because there's always a deep creepy presence there, then it slowly goes away. Also my cat often follows something with her eyes. I try to look at what shes staring at but, I never see anything.

Sometimes I can't help but feel trapped in my own house! I know my mee-maw means no harm but there's just a very eerie feeling when I'm there. Sometimes I feel like its not just her, but maybe another ghost.

We coutinue remodeling and every now and then we hear odd things through out the house but I don't get to scared, knowing its probably her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lynny03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
I agree with what everyone else has said about your home it is your grandmother watching over you. I do not think that it would be a good idea to tell your grandmother that she is no longer part of the living because she might not know that she is dead. I hope that she will fine peace.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I'm going by what one of my friends does; she says that if there is activity in her house (often a faucet turning or lights being switched on or footsteps) she will say 'hello' or even kindly ask for the activity to stop, and it does.
You could try this the next time there is activity and you're feeling uncomfortable. But be polite. Perhaps you could say something like 'Mee-maw, I know it's you, but I'm uncomfortable right now. Could you stop?' See what happens. This is just a suggestion, however.
leeyang92 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Surely it's your grandma. Maybe she's checking on how you guys are remodeling her house.
KcLenea (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
It seems likely to be your grand mother, even if the presence feels creepy. As Sunset_Savage said, the activity will likely lessen or stop when the construction is done, but it may also help to tell the spirit that it is no longer a part of the living world and that it is time for it to enter the light and move on.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Perhaps it is your grandmother watching over you but do you think that she would give you such a creepy feeling? If you feel uncomfortable there are many great people on this site who could offer you advice on the cleansing of your house, I know it worked for me 😊
sunset_savage (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Some people believe that remodeling a house can cause/increase ghostly activity. If your grandmother is in some way present, she may be less than pleased with the changes to the house. After the remodel is finished, the activity will probably lessen or stop altogether.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: