You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy Whisper In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Whisper In The Night

 

I hadn't experienced anything paranormal for a while until about 2 weeks ago when I was woken up by movement at my feet. The touching manifested over the past few nights until I felt a tapping on my left shoulder which I ignored, followed by three hard, sharp taps on my head. I sat upright, opened the light and couldn't fall back asleep. Something had touched me and has been trying to wake me. It was around 3am once again, not sure if the timing is just a coincidence.

I've been getting my Mum to sleep in my room with me since, except last night when she fell asleep in her own room, so I got ready to sleep alone. It was 2am when I finally closed the lights to rest, when I heard a hushed and faint whisper. I disregarded it as my imagination playing up but the whispers got repetitive and much louder. I heard that of a childish voice calling out "mum." It called about 5 times until I opened my light again and ran into the kitchen. At the same time, I saw my (sleepy) Mum coming out from her room which is in the opposite direction of the house and we met half way.

Before I could open my mouth and tell my Mum what had happened, she asked me if I had called her. I said "No, why?" She told me she heard me in her room, calling out to her, that's why she had come into the kitchen. I told her that it wasn't me and that I had heard the voice too. Whoever it was, wanted us to sleep together and it seemed as though we were connected through this voice. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Other hauntings by mk03

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mk03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
mk03,
First of all thankyou for sharing this story with us.

The first thing that came to me was that this is a family member trying to contact you and maybe wants to make sure you and your mum are close? (as other members have commented) Do you argue or not get along at times? If so do you seem to have more activity around at thease times? Just a thought.

I think its great that your mum is there to support you.

Jave,
Maybe you could find that information and post it as a comment on this story so she can refer to it?

Thankyou,
xXelliemayXx ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
mk03,
It's the three taps on the head that caught my attention here. We have a long time member and respected friend to many of us on this site who has a theory regarding the number three, when it involves spirit communication. I tend to lean toward his theory myself. He is of the mind that it implies the one doing the tapping, knocking, rapping, etc. To be a relative of the one receiving the contact.
That would be my first guess. Family.

Jav 😊
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
This story spooks me a bit, maybe because my own mother has Alzheimer's Disease and sometimes doesn't recognize me. It's sweet, in a scary way. Yes, someone wanted to make sure you were together. I hope it was a guardian spirit.
JimD (431 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Hi;

It could be something bad. Magical whisperings and night time touchings do point to the demonic. The fact that you both heard it rules out a nightmare, also. My counsel never changes, at least initially: using Catholic Holy water, especially on the bed at night, and saying (or thinking) "Jesus and Mary help me". I hope this is enought to stop it. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com

PS A Catholic parish in CA referred a couple that I'm working with long distance to a secular therapist. Things are being levitated in the house, dark shadows are appearing, whisperings are being heard at night, the bed is violently shaking, items are disappearing from where they are always left, suicidal / sinful thoughts are occuring - and whoever they spoke to does this. Nice! They'll answer one dayfor their cowerdice and lack of proper referral! Things like this make me so very disappointed and angry! Sorry, I had to vent.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Next time you hear those voices/whispers,dont get scared and ask loudly, but politely- 'what do you want?'...wait for the response. If both you and your mum heard the voice calling, there might be just more than something wanting you to be together. Observe if you hear those voices/whispers,when someone/your mum sleeps with you. And if you are scared, please do not sleep alone ever again until you gain the confidence to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: