You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Little Girl Giggle

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Giggle

 

About a few months ago, me and my friends decided that we'd try using a Ouija board except that day, we couldn't go to anyone of our houses so we thought why not try it outside out school since our new building was built on a graveyard.

That day after school, we rushed around back and sat down drawing out a Ouija board on some paper with 'yes' 'no' 'Start' and 'End'. We used a little lid as the pointer and at first, we didn't think it would work since the board was paper and all but as we all lightly placed out finger on the lid and started chanting the pointed began to move.

We laughed it off at first thinking that it was one of us moving it, so we turned our heads to the side with only one person looking at the board and they were writing so they were not playing.

After a few answers to private questions, we began to get scared but didn't end the game. Instead we continued until we promised to use the board again tomorrow since it was already dark. However as we were leaving the place talking about what had happened, one of my friends jumped screaming saying she felt someone kick her but when we looked behind no one was there and then the friend who screamed said she could feel someone running their hand through her hair and we all saw strands sorta falling over her eyes as if someone was doing that.

There was no wind, so we rushed away and kept in contact through texting.

Next morning we all talked about how at twelve pm we could hear heavy breathing next to us. At first I still didn't believe it until we went to my friends house to finish the game. We set up the scene. No light apart from candles, burning incense and crystals.

Everyone took turns asking questions and towards the end of the game, we felt as if we were talking to a child and right after we stressed our thoughts, my friend jumped up saying she saw something white next to her under the bed as it was a bunkbed.

After calming down she sat back next to me and a sound of a little girl giggling burst out throughtout the room and at first I thought I had just heard stuff until everyone pointed it out.

The game finally ended and that night I felt as if someone was watching me. I ignored it and went to bed staring up at the wall in the dark until I heard the same giggle. I sat up and switched on my light looking towards my bedroom door to see some dark form almost like a child rush past the gap between the door.

I jumped up and rushed over only to see the form hurry into my mums room but when I went in there to see, the photo of my little cousin, was thrown on the ground. A week later my mum told me about a far distant cousin who I never met and it turned out she died a few years ago and she was the girl in the photo.

Since then I've been convinced the girl we were talking to was her.

That was the start of any experience I've had so far.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anneliz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
That is an interesting line of discussion. On one hand I agree the "rules" are crap. At some point somebody made them up & started telling people it was dangerous not to follow them. You would get as much protection from spraying the room with liquor from your mouth or dancing the hokey-pokey around the board. On the other hand ritual gives people a way to concentrate their will to a desired end. You often see in the comments the advice to stand strong against a bothersome presence. Following a ritual can theoretically have the same effect; enforcing our will that all contact will end. In the case of the ouija board though, I think people usually get what they expect, even if it is not what they want. Of course this is assuming that contact in such a way is possible & potentially dangerous, which I don't necessarily believe.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I have to agree with Lou. There is, or was, not one rule laid out on the box about closing a session. There aren't any for opening a session either. I don't believe any of that really matters. It's the act, not the board, that gets these things running out of control.

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
Hi, Miracles.

I understand where you are coming from and agree that blatantly disregarding the prescribed rules of the game is a recipe for disaster... So the following is not directed at you, just a discussion point. To be frank, I think the rules are crap. Whether it be a ouija board, randomly collecting evp's just for kicks, or attempting to summon spirits any other way; once the door is open; it takes much more than sequentially moving a planchette on a piece of cardboard to disconnect.
Attempting spirit contact with entities inhabiting our homes or other properties in attempts to help them or the living is sometimes inevitable to move the process along. But knowingly provoking contact as many reportedly do and then wishing it away, thinking we can seal them in a jar for future reference is ridiculous.

Lou
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-09)
I never used a ouija board before but, I know it is not good to mess with things you don't really know about.Don't get me wrong I have done my share of exploring the spirit world when I was younger. Spirit beings much like the humans they once were in this life have feelings and deserve to be treated with respect. Contacting the spirits should never be viewed as a game I agree with Rook in this but, To make contact with them should be done with the hope of learning from them because they have so much they can teach us and if we approach them with with respect they may do just that teach us. Thanks for sharing
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Why do people who 'make their own' boards still call this a GAME?

First: It's not a GAME... Any attempt to communicate with the Spirit world is not a 'GAME'.

Second: 'Playing' with things you do not understand and either not reading or blatantly ignoring the rules/instructions/methods of protection usually result in consequences we do not desire.

I wish people would quit 'Playing' with things they do not understand and then asking questions like...

Why did this happen?

What did we 'communicate' with?

Ghost Hunting/Spirit Communication are not games and if we are to present any evidence gathered using these methods 'Playing' is not what we should be doing... Only by applying the scientific method and doing legitimate research can anyone hope to provide untainted evidence.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Lou - I think maybe this time you did misunderstand me. My comment was directed toward this story and this one alone, simply because this o/p stated they didn't end the session because they planned on coming back later. Not that they couldn't end the session due to circumstances beyond their control. I took it to mean they understood the rules of the Ouija board and chose to ignore them.

There's a big difference in not being able to end a session and choosing not to. They made a conscious choice.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Miracles,
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. Personally, I don't think there is a right way. I have had very few experiences that left me free to close the door gracefully when I chose.

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Lou - Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear in my wording, but since there are people who are going to continue using a Ouija board regardless of our advice, I thought I'd cover all bases.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Hi, Marjie.
Long time no talk. If I recall from the past; you/me/we have stressed to many a poster on this site that the use of a ouija board is very dangerous and should never be done. Your previous comment may be misconstrued that you condone the "proper use" of a ouija board. I doubt that was your intention, and I just wanted to let you know that someone new to the site may misunderstand this... Or maybe it was just me.

Take care,
Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Foxglove - thank you for your reply to my comment. I like to think I'm a reasonable woman and can accept that I don't know everything 😉. I agree that it is possible, under certain circumstances, that a grave could be uncovered when preparing a site for construction. I would seriously hate to be party to that 😐.
Foxglove (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
It is *theoretically* possible for a school, or anything for that matter, to be built over a former burial ground in the UK, although if the site actually warranted excavation any human remains would definitely have been removed.

I guess we could be talking about anything from post-Mediaeval back to prehistoric, which could make the numbers range from one or two skeletons to, like, a partial churchyard full (Fun thing about living on an island with occupation dating back to the Palaeolithic- lots of dead people and no space for new building!)

There was an excavation prior to construction of an NHS centre in Edinburgh environs a couple months ago, where they discovered several decapitated Romano-British skeletons, a cremated horse, a double female burial, and a Beaker grave all in the same wee plot!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Anneliz - First, I'm going to strongly suggest it is just a rumor that your new school is built on a graveyard. Unless rules and regulations in England are different than in the States, there are way too many extensive tests that have to be done before a school can be built. These tests, which can take up to a year sometimes, are all done to make sure the ground the school is being built on has nothing underneath and is suitable to build a school on. I'm pretty confident that bones would have been found somewhere at some point during this testing and the site for your new school would have been moved to a different location.

What were you and your friends chanting when you were using the Ouija board? I'm actually curious about the chant and why you chanted. I've never heard this before.

The mind is a pretty powerful thing. It can convince you that you see things that aren't there. It can also convince a group of friends that an experience with a homemade Ouija board invited something in.

I'm not saying you didn't have an experience. I wasn't there. But you and your friends set out with a Ouija board to have an experience, deliberately chose not to end the session, which leads me to believe someone knew at least some of the golden rules of the Ouija board, yet y'all still didn't close the session. Great Big No-No! It wouldn't have mattered if you were going to suspend the game for 10 minutes. When you decide to "stop playing" for any period of time, YOU END THE SESSION. Obviously y'all wanted an experience and, it's just my opinion, your mind created these experiences for you.

Did you ask your mum about the photo of the little girl cousin? Maybe it had fallen earlier in the night. And you never knew before that the little girl cousin in the photo had died?

Ouija boards...don't use them if you're deliberately not going to obey the rules.
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I'm a bit skeptical about your story, but if it's true, I don't think it was your cousin. 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: