You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: I Don't Know If It Was Sleep Paralysis, But It Felt So Real

Real Ghost Stories

I Don't Know If It Was Sleep Paralysis, But It Felt So Real

 

This story is 100% true. I am only 14 years old and this is my scary experience with the supernatural I hope someone can share their thoughts on this event with me.

I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep the other night, I was extremely tired but I felt as if there was something with me in my room. I often get scared in the dark thinking of the possibilities of what could be lurking in the dark corners watching me, but this was different. There was a distinct feeling of anger looming around the room.

I went to get some water and then went back to bed. After a couple of hours I began to feel myself drifting off. I could literally feel everything close in on me as the room got darker, but I did not feel unconscious. I knew it would be my only chance to fall asleep so I let myself drift away, determined not to break this process of falling asleep.

Then my ears popped, it felt like I had plunged underwater and the pressure was immense. I could hear a womans scream piercing my ear drum. I was lying on my side with my vision aimed at my bedroom door and I could not move. My vision focused and a woman was standing in my door way. She was screaming at me with a face so angry I had never seen anything like it. She paced over to me and lent over, her face inches away from mine. Screaming things like "It's all your fault!". I began to scream as hard as I could but all that came out was a weird pant with no words.

Finally I could blink my eyes, and she disappeared. I jumped out of my bed and ran to the toilet, turning on every light switch I passed. I convinced myself it was a dream and got in the shower at like 4 o'clock. I went back to bed after and fell asleep with no trouble.

The next day I told my sister about this and she seemed really scared for me. She also believes in the supernatural and was very worried. She thought it could have been one of the previous owners of the house because my home is around 100 years old. I remember when we were only 6 or 7, we were reversing out of the driveway in my dads car and we both saw a man with a top hat rocking back on forth on an old rocking chair we had in our living room that my mum had picked up at a charity shop. We have both believed in things like this from then on. I hope anyone can help explain what I might have gone through.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silkuobist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

kitrainyokai (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
I had almost the same thing happen. I was laying in my chair I sleep in since my bed was took to the dump. It was broken down. And I heard footsteps come from my little walk in closet, and come by me. And my ears popped to I was half asleep. And I heard a real loud demonic growl, then a gunshot. The gunshot sounded like a shotgun. I sat up and said. What the hell? But yeah that was creepy about your experience
yeahiknow08 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
I had something similiar also. I heard a Woman screaming, I could not move physically but was able to look (without moving) around me. Everything around me was a black outlined mirror image of what I normally saw. My parents had recently divorced and for years no one (including dad) would sleep in the room my mom slept in because they had seem a woman. When she moved out I made it my room, first night I felt what you felt. I had also seen a tall shadow figure when I was younger. Had this go on 1 year and finally told it go away I don't want you here and since then hasn't happened again. If it bothers you try that hope it helps.
ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
iam sorry for your experience, you know that's the thng with me when I have this dark shadow hovering over me unable to move or speak, when iam able tp speak everything seems fine and suddenly I feels so heavy and I'm fighting not to drift back to sleep because the second my eyes close I feel this thing over me again. Keep in touch and be strong. ❤
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Nysa, thanks a lot. 😁

Hey silkuobist, maybe we can learn together! Could explain something.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Watchful look up tulpa to find the information you are looking for. Books by Alexandra David-Neil are a good source.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Publicking, are you saying the writer was unknowingly projecting something from their imagination?

Because if that is possible, I would love for you to email me more info. I've never heard of that, and so I want to know more.
publicking (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Hi silkuobist,
By reading your experience, I can give you some information. The thing you experienced is related to an OOBE (out of body experience) or simply known as astral projection. The lady you just saw was one of your imaginations and was nothing related to the house or any other ghost or supernatural stuff. While you couldn't move, it was sleep paralysis mode of your body where the brain is active and conscious and the body is asleep. At this state if you close your eyes, relax, meditate and if you ignored the lady, you could have achieved an OOBE Which is an awesome experience which cannot be described in words. I suggest you to visit this site which may help you to achieve an OOBE and information. Www.astralviewers.com! Anyways, Best of luck! 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
That does seem pretty scary. It doesn't quite fit other textbook cases of sleep paralysis. Something much more intense happened that night. I hope, for your sake, it was just a scary dream. Though it doesn't really sound like it. I hope you're free of such visions in the future.
becki (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
I have had a similiar experience, but I did not have anyone screaming at me. I was in college, and I woke up in the middle of the night one night. I believe it was between 2-4 a.m. All of sudden I felt like I couldn't move, and I felt like something or someone was pulling my head towards the door (my bed was right next to the door to my room). I kept trying to fight the force, and all the while feeling like if I got up and opened my door that someone would be standing there. It was a very strange feeling, but it finally went away. I have other paralysis experiences since then, but nothing like that one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: