You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mother Like Daugter

Real Ghost Stories

Mother Like Daugter

 

This is a story about when I was only about 8 and my cousin was about 9. She lived in N.Y at this moment in a visible but low key neighborhood. It all took place in a two story condominium (small), I was taken to her house one morning to spend the night with her, but our parents had to leave us soon after to do some errands for a while. So we were all alone in her apartment.

I didn't think anything of it at the moment, we then decided to go to her older brother's room to play with some video games until our parents were to return. Then me and my cousin were automatically stopped by the sight of a mother holding the hand of a little girl, wearing all white, heading towards us with the simplest look on their faces. We were not able to move, we were frozen where we stood.

About 10 seconds later, we ran back into her room and locked the doors. We spoke and told each other that what we saw was real. It was actually a older woman and a little girl that we say was her daughter. It was so frightening. We could not believe what had happened but we knew that was the only explanation we had. That was the day we never forgot about.

Did it have a meaning? Was the little girl trying to say something? Was she sticking her hand out for a reason? That day was unforgettable. We tried speaking to our parents. As you would think they did not believe a nine year neither an eight. But was it just our minds playing tricks? I think not, it was a real experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ciaravzqz22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear ciaravzqz22,

It is quite possible that what you experienced were two earthbound dead human beings or ghosts who may have been passing through or are attached/bound to the residence. They may also have been residuals, like a short film playing out a daily life episode.--Abby
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
I think I'm lucky because I'm not the only person in my house that knows there's a spirit there. If you read my experience, 'A Laugh that is not mine,' you'll know basically what happened to me. My mom has seen things too, but I can imagine it would be annoying if you know what you've seen and no one believes you.

I believe you, though. I don't know if other people will, but I do.
If the apparitions were trying to communicate with you, it seems like they would have tried multiple times.
Have you had any other experiences with the older woman and the girl since then?
ciaravzqz22 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
😲 wow I still can't believe this happended to me! After reading it over the day flashes back to me! I say it was a day like no other I was raised not to believe in ghost, spirits things like that but after that day I will and always believe in these experiences that cannot be explained !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: