You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw My Father At His Own Wake

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Father At His Own Wake

 

My dad passed away in 2000 due to a tragic Hypothermia Death. I was only 9 years old and today I am 21. He was only 35 years. He was a biker and loved his leather. When I was at his wake I was standing in front of my older sister. I was looking towards the casket when I had the urge to look behind me. To my surprise I saw my father standing with his arms folded across his chest.

He was wearing the leather vest I now have hanging in my closet. It was him. From the second I laid my eyes on him and took a split second look at the casket I looked back towards were I saw him standing and he was gone. The feeling I got to look back was as if something was pulling me to look that way. I tried to tell my mom for a long time until she finally listened to me.

I have had MANY experiences with him telling me he's ok in dreams. I had one dream, after a night of thinking about him and wondering if he was happier. That night I had a dream he was in a car and I noticed him and I gave him a kiss and he told me he was doing ok and not to worry. Another thing was he left a lot of DIMES. Dimes would just appear out of no were. I could be upset and rollover on my bed and there would be a dime heads up beside me.

At night I also hear voices, like screaming people when its quiet. I have no neighbors. My moms side of the family is psychic and so is she. I think it was passed down to me. Many other things have happened but I'm running out of characters of how much I can type.

thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emily25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ForbiddenShadows (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-22)
Emily25,

Touching story, many loved ones that have passed on do appear in most of our dreams. A parents love for you will never die. Like your father leaving the dimes for you, he may be showing you he cares for you.

~Taylor 😆
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-02)
Brilliant, touching story. He sounds like one cool dude with the leather. Nice to know he was by your side, and you by his. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
emily25,
This was so sad, and I am sorry for the loss of your beloved father. And yes, I'm sure you saw him that day. The dreams are a natural process, it's easier for our loved ones to appear to us that way. They don't want to frighten us or cause us to worry about their happiness by showing up in spirit form. You never know how someone will react to that, so it's just as well.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. And welcome to ygs.

Jav ❤ 😊 ❤
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
A lovely story. I've never seen your dad, of course, but the way you describe it I can picture him standing there. So young to die. I am sure he is trying to let you know he is OK and is watching out for you.
Brian (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
It's called a doppleganger.
These things happen when a major tragedy of that person has happened or going to happen. I'm glad you saw this as it can bring closure.

Don't worry to much about seeing him. Take it as a blessing and remember that you saw him once more.
calvert (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
A parents love never die's... Loved your storie. Even a biker can show some love. God bless him❤
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
I was really touched by this story. It seems clear that your father wanted you to see him at least one last time. I'm sorry for your loss.
It's reminiscent of something that my fiance experienced, and slightly to me. When his father passed away, dimes would be found everywhere by his mother. She related it to her late husband's business motto 'Save a dime, call **** anytime'. After I'd been going out with my fiance a long time, I had a vague dream where I met his father, as an introduction, though he was clouded in shadow. My fiance's sister in law had the same dream before she married his brother. It freaked us out, but it was comforting at the same time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: