You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Loss Of My Best Friend And Paranormal Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

The Loss Of My Best Friend And Paranormal Experiences

 

My experiences with the paranormal all started as a child when I lived in England. The earliest thing I can recall is having a dream about someone leading me to the rivers edge in our garden and showing me dead bodies floating down the river in old time period clothing. This dream would occur constantly. I have recently connected the dream to The Plague that swept through Europe, especially because of the clothes the bodies were wearing. I can still remember the dream vividly even though I haven't had it since we moved from that house. There was, also, another time. My sister and I were heading into our playroom. I was following behind her and she walked into the room. Then all of a sudden some force had slammed the door shut behind her and in my face. We both started screaming and were frantically trying to open the door to no avail. It was as if someone was holding it closed from the inside. We, finally, got the door open and ran into our room, completely frightened.

When I was six, we moved to Las Vegas. Things in my life were calm for a while, but then came the voices. I would wake in the morning out of a dead sleep to voices screaming my name and the sound of paper being thrown around the room. The voices would be of everyone who was present in the house at the time, screaming my name in a taunting manner. I would walk out of my room and check on everyone just to find everyone would still be sleeping. I would ask the voices to stop, but they wouldn't so I would run and hide under my covers, until they would finally cease. This would occur once in a blue moon, but would scare the life out of me. I would always feel like something negative was in my room watching me at night though.

When I was ten, I had an amazing little dog. When she came into my life, the voices stopped waking me and she made me feel safe. When we first met, it was if we were meant to be together. She was a stray that I found under my mothers car. No one had ever seen her before and no one could find her owner. The day I found her, I gave her food and water and played with her in my ungated backyard. My family was about to leave to go shopping and I didn't want to leave her. I was scared she would run away so I stuck her in a box and left with my family. To my surprise when I got home, she had escaped the box and was sitting at the opening to my backyard waiting for me. She had the chance to run, but stayed and waited. Any time I left the house she would escape and then when I would come home she would be sitting on my driveway or the street corner waiting for me. My dad fixed the problem by cementing the ground under the gate that he built when he let me keep her. She learned to wait at the door for me.

If I felt uncomfortable around anyone, she could tell and would nip at them to get away from me. Other than that, if I was okay, she was okay. We did EVERYTHING together. She was my protector and my best friend, but one day she had gotten out. I was playing at my friends house across the street when I heard my brother scream my name. To my horror, she was being attacked by two large dogs a few houses away from mine and that was the day she was taken from me. The night after she died, I had my bedroom door open... I started to hear her collar in the hallway. It was just around the time at night when she would leave my room to do her patrols around the house at night to make sure I was safe. I sat up in bed and to my surprise, I saw her ghostly figure walk right past my doorway. I ran out to look for her and called her name, but she was gone. The morning after, I got up before everyone... I was still mourning her loss. I walked into the living room and felt her following me. I sat on the couch and felt something jump up with me and then a breeze crossed my face and it smelled like her breath. It soothed me knowing that she was still there, even in death.

My dad got a new dog shortly after to try to help. The day we got him, he ran into my room... Jumped up on my bed and started barking at nothing, staring at the side of my bed. He looked like he had been electrocuted! Another time, we saw him run out into the backyard in a fury and then he slowly walked in backwards through the doggy door staring at something invisible, but the size of my previous dog, in front of him. He backed all the way into our hallway, again looking electrocuted. He was silent and scared. He was so focused on what was in front of him. I called his name and finally snapped him out of his trance. I looked at my dad and told him my dog was visiting again.

Since then, I have noticed that I'm able to do things that may not be normal. I can sense if someone is negative even if I don't know them. I can sense when something bad is going to happen. I even had a vision once of a man sitting in the backseat of my car wanting to do harm to my boyfriend and I. We were at a gas station and shortly after the vision occurred, a man walked up asking for a ride. We said no.

I don't tell many people about my experiences. Some immediate family members don't even know. I really wish I had someone to talk to about them and the possibility of me being psychic and what I should do if I am. I don't know if I am. Maybe I've had some strange coincidences? Maybe I'm crazy. Any advice?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaggieS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
I'm glad you came here You can feel safe here with us sharing your story. People here are very honest and if they know of advice that can help you can be sure you will get it so, welcome to YGS and thank you so much for sharing!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
First of all, welcome to YGS.
Secondly, sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone that you care about.
Third, a lot of people have had similar experiences and you can talk freely here.

Also, you are not crazy. What you have is something I like to call the sixth sense. I believe everyone has it but are not everyone is in tune to it. You are and I hope you can and will build on it.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
This is the right place to feel sane, sugarcube. Lol. 😉

I'm sure you will get a ton of advice from very intelligent and knowledgeable individuals. Wish I could help, but I can only tell you to email me if you want to talk. I'm learning how to deal with odd abilities, too. Sometimes, just talking can help. Lol. My email is on my profile.

Good luck! ❤
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
There's a ghost in our cabin up north. I mention it only to lead to this event, once it was severely freaking me out, when out of nowhere, my dog who passed about 2 - 3 years prior to the event was right there with me so strong that I absently reached out to pet her.

The other ghost quickly receded into the room where it pretty much stays during the day. Only person I ever knew who could be in that room and not at least get creeped out was the self same dog, in fact she used to love that room.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
MaggieS,
You had me in tears right from the start! I cannot survive without my dogs in my life. I've been this way since birth.
And I agree with the previous posters, you aren't crazy. And everyone here can relate to what you have been experiencing. We all came here with the same questions and we stay to help those that come behind. That feeling you get about people and situations? I like to call that the "gut feeling". Commonly thought of as intuition, and too often ignored by people who should know better than to question it.
You were looking for a place to talk about these things, and you found it. This is the only place I have found where you can comment and discuss these experiences in real time.
Welcome to YGS MaggieS, I hope you decide to stick around. Don't freak out when debates get a little heated, it just shows the passion we have for the subject and never does last too long. But all of us share what we know freely, and we love learning something new. Enjoy!

Jav 😊
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
If you are crazy, then ALL of us on this site must be, because we all are here for the same reason you are. And we are here because we all had encoutners like this happening to us. Your doggie is still there with you.
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Wow! You're not crazy! I'm like that too! I get visions sometimes I can see the future, I can feel spirits and presences around me too! All this started when I turned 13 I'm 18 now, people say that all these happenings start at the onset of puberty stay safe and take care ❤
Amilyn (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
You are definately not crazy! I still get visits from my cat who passed away almost 2 years ago. He was my best friend and followed me everywhere 😊
Sinopa (1 stories) (9 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
You certainly have powers to connect with the other world. Be thankful for them, that man you visioned could have hurt the both of you. Pets seem to get attached to where they lived. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I'm so happy that she stuck around. You're not crazy, never think that. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: