You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Love Lasts Forever

Real Ghost Stories

Love Lasts Forever

 

My father passed when I was four years old, and he was quite young himself (34). I had five sisters and my mom couldn't raise us at the time so my father's parents took us in and raised all six of girls. My grandfather was very close to me. I felt as if he were my father for I was so young when my father passed, I don't remember much of him. He had a nickname for me and he was the only one allowed to call me by that name. I followed papaw around like a little puppy and when he passed, I was so lost. I believe I was about twelve years old when he passed.

The bed that me and my sister slept in was in the same room that my grandparent's bed was in. We lived in a old farm house and with having six girls in the house, every space was used. The night he passed, he rose up off the bed and stated he was going to get a breath of fresh air. He stepped out onto the porch and my grandmother ask him if he had taken his medicine and he said "yeah" and then we hear a thud. He had passed and fallen off of the porch. Everyone in the house ran outside except me and I pulled the blankets over my head and pretended that nothing happened. My papaw wasn't dead. It was just a bad dream.

I believe it was two weeks after the funeral and I had just begun to realize that my papaw wasn't coming back and I woke up one night and I saw him sitting on the edge of my mamaw's bed rubbing her feet like he did every night when he was alive. I called out his name and he smiled and slowly faded away. It was then that I realized he would never leave me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, papawzgrl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cool11 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
This is a awesome story, I like it how that even if your grandpa is dead, he will always be with you. Love is a powerful thing... Even after death.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Thank you for shareing such a beautiful story. It reminds me that love is a ture and everlasting thing.
sord0111 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
That is a sweet story (= It shows the bond between you too can never die.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I also saw my grandfather after he passed away, and my granny still come and visit me in my dreams, telling me she is always with me. It is a very comforting feeling to know this.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
papawzgrl,
This is the sweetest tribute to your papaw. It just brought me to tears. I'm so sorry you have lost your father and then to lose your papaw too? And you were so young when these tragedies took place. Bless your heart for writing such sweet words for him. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Jav ❤ ❤ ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
That is so touching! It just goes to show, love transcends life and time. 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: