You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Experience

 

From my last post. I told you about a sort of 'past life' which I spoke of in-which my 'real' family were speaking to me through the entity of a deceased child.

This is not my only experience in the matters of the paranormal. I have also heard, seen and felt other presences unfamiliar to the child entity which I have been feeling for 11 years.

At this time my 'powers' are un-able to identify the spirit I am feeling. All I can tell you of it is last year I decided to sleep downstairs so I could fall asleep watching television (This was before my insomnia developed) I enjoyed doing so. So I was watching a comedian program which I enjoyed but could not help but have the feeling of being watched despite being all alone downstairs. I saw a figure in the corner of my eye the second I looked it vanished. (Keep in mind I had my fear of the darkness back then too. So the room was well lit so no chance of my eyes playing tricks because of darkness.)

The presence I felt was a male or female... I could not tell at the time.

In my living room there is a corridor or a small hallway to the kitchen where I have the whole view of the kitchen from the sofa. While watching the show I was laughing quietly so I didn't wake up anyone in my home (it was about 10:00pm at the time and everyone goes to bed at this time) I began to hear footsteps which sound barefooted. And quite heavy for a cat. Sounded like a child running. Petrified I quickly hid under my covers and closed my eyes. I felt the presence come closer to me... Then it vanished.

So scared I could hardly breathe I quickly got up and turned on the lights as fast as I could and I quickly covered myself in my blanket and closed my eyes trying to forget the experience and to just get some sleep.

I did fall asleep but it was on the floor in my bedroom. I decided to just go upstairs since I was too scared to look down that hallway again... I knew I would to see if I could spot the figure I did earlier, and maybe the entity which deprived me of my sleep.

Other hauntings by InsomiaDriven

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, InsomiaDriven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I have similar issues. Not too long ago, myself, I kept catching glimpses of a woman from the corners of my eyes, up until the point I finally received a message from her. I'm still hopefully waiting to see if the whole story will be deemed worthy enough to be posted here on this site. I find it hard to sleep mostly because my mind just gets so annoyingly active and distressed that I simply cannot relax. Some teas, like chamomile, or the Sleepytime you'll find on the shelves in stores, will help. Meditation may help, as well... Just a series of breathing exercises, slowly relax the body and clear the mind, and you will feel restful enough to sleep.

Or you could just think about complex math problems.

Also, Javelina... Does that repeated action thing count for opening the fridge over and over again, as though thinking 'There must be something edible in here I missed...'? 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
InsomiaDriven,
Thank you for the reply.
I take the calcium because it's a natural sleep aid. No harmful side effects or chemicals for me to worry over.
Many of us have a fear of the dark, that is a natural response. We can't see, so we are afraid. But what I wss talking about in my previous comment wasn't meant as a cure for fear of the dark. I was only reffering to the times we see things out of the corners of our eyes. I only menioned those two things because those worked for me. They may not work for others. But you never know. So I offer it just in case.

Jav 😊
InsomiaDriven (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Thanks for your comments!

Javelina-
Perhaps it is that I'm not sure myself. I see shadows and figures even in the day time. My fear of the darkness is complicated when I'm in the dark I don't feel safe and I feel helpless resolving my fear of the darkness won't be easy for me since I am autistic and quite sensetive to almost everything. I will research things about my fears and my experiences to try and help. Thanks for the comment ~ ❤

Argette-
It is quite scary. My life isn't exactly peaceful in the daytime either. School is hardwork I'm suffering from depression so these ghosts and experiences are robbing me more of my sleep causing me to develop insomnia (hence my screenname)

Thanks for your comments I appreciate them all.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
InsomiaDriven,
Having insomnia must be a paranormal prerequisite 😜 If you took a survey of how many of our members were sufferers of insomnia, I believe we would get a percentage high enough to back my comment.
I do have a suggestion, Calcium. Oyster Shell Calcvium is what I take. I also take it during dinner, 4 or 5 tablets do the job just fine for me.
As for seeing things out of the corner of your eyes...
We are all guilty of committing the same mistake over and over again. We see something out of our direct vision. It is in our periferral vision that we notice much of our paranormal type sightings. And what do we ALWAYS do next? We turn toward it. And what happens when we turn toward it? It disappears. They say one sign of mental distress is repeating the same action over and over, expecting a different result. Is it a wonder so many of us show up here hoping someone will assure us we are not crazy.
It is one of the most difficult natural impulses to break from doing, but I've been trying. With limited results. I have been able to see two of my dogs that have passed, by just not turning toward them or moving my eyes toward their direction. The first time I did it was so cool! But it is hard not to turn toward their direction.
Now, this fear you have. That has got to stop. I know, easy to say, hard to do. But it is getting in the way of logic and common sense. There are different ways to deal with the logic of it though. Try thinking of it according to Murphy's Law.
Murphy's Law stated simply,
"What can go wrong, will go wrong."
Now translate that to the fear you feel when you see something in your periferral vision that you perceive to be a spirit. If Murphy's Law is true, then that spirit would have done something to harm you, correct? But, because it has not harmed you, logic says it probably won't. That's where common sense steps in. And common sense should tell you that it is either a residual event or a spirit with no bad intent. Either way, it seems safe to say you are not in any danger here. No danger, no fear.
Those are my thoughts on it anyway.
Thank you for sharing. I hope I have helped, if only just a little.

Jav 😊
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I cannot fathom how awful it would be to be robbed of sleep because of something terrifying. It's bad enough when worries about work weigh you down and keep you from sleeping. But to see figures at night and hear noises - how awful. I can't sleep either, but it's not because of something scary.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: