You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Real Experience With Bloody Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Real Experience With Bloody Mary

 

I was only seven at the time, a few friends and I went to a bowling ally. Now our parents belonged to a bowling groups so we just chilled at the arcade part. One of the other kids told us a story about Bloody Mary. My friends and I didn't believe them.

So me and two of my friends went to the mens restroom. All we had was a flashlight. We turned off all the lights and chanted 'Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Boody Mary'. My one friend then flashed the flashlight on and quickly off. I looked at the mirror and there was a girl. She looked like she was in her early twenties. She was looking the other way, yet started to turn towards us. My friends and I bolted out of there before she attacked us like the legend says. After this experience, I feel like someones always watching me. I haven't tried contacting any other spirts after this.

A few months after my friends did this, my dad died. Could she have driven him crazy enough to kill himself? Could this spirit be so full of rage it drives people to shoot themselves?

Now, ever since this happened my moods are diffrent. I'm 15 and some days I'll just suddenly go into depression. Some days I just want to curl up and die. Could this be revenge for summoning her all those years ago?

My friends who did this with me all stopped talking to me. I met one recently and she seems ok. Could I have been the only one who seen Bloody Mary? Could she only be after me? If she is, then why? This may have happened seven or eight years ago, but I still feel the effects.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fang14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
madman62200 - just curious where/how you know this about Bloody Mary. "But also be aware that Bloody Mary is not all bad, she can be nice and show you the future, or she can be mean and claw your eyes out."
madman62200 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
So, its quite possible that you are not feeling her "wrath", as some would put it, but simply you are fearing that she is doing something, and I am quite sorry to hear about your fathers death. But you could be having the depressive bouts due to your fathers passing, and since that night, you have pinned all the bad things that have happened on Bloody Mary the night she didn't get you. But also be aware that Bloody Mary is not all bad, she can be nice and show you the future, or she can be mean and claw your eyes out.
Aaru275 (4 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
Oh that's really sad about your father but don't blame yourself for what happened to him. Be positive and strong. These feeling are common in teenagers, I am also a teen girl I can understand your feelings. Just be relaxed and best of luck for future:-)
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
I'm not sure what you saw that night in the bowling alley. For all I know, it's possible that the place was haunted and you saw one of its denizens.

But from what you say about your life now, about feeling depressed and suffering mood swings, I think that it's not due to the ghost you may have seen that night. It's called being a teenager. Different people will experience different things going through their teen years and I know that it's a difficult time, especially if you experienced a death in the family. No words can describe what I'm sure you felt after your father's death, and for that I'm truly sorry. But you should not feel that his death was in any way caused by you, indirectly or otherwise. I think that some of your feelings stem from the loss you suffered. Talk to someone, and starting here is a beginning, but you need to speak to someone in person about your feelings.
haunted786 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-30)
once I did the same experiment but then nothing happen only they were some blood spots and nothing else happenened to me well its been 2 years since that!
magneto095 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Do not blame yourself for your father's death, because its not your fault.:) I know, its hard to lost a Dad, I love my Dad, and I don't know what to do, if one day, he's in the coffin, lying dead. For sure, you also love your Dad.:) But do not lose heart, maybe, its just a coincidence when you did the chant, at the same time, your father died. Maybe, "Bloody Mary" is not responsible for that. Maybe, she does not even exist, right? I agree with zzsgranny, maybe its some sort of optical illusion, and maybe, because you think that she will appear on the mirror after you did the chant, you are "heightened by your imagination", thus, see that woman - But in reality, she does not.

Move on, my brother. Everything will go fine, just trust Jesus.:)

God bless you! 😊
thenpea5 (20 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
i am going to be mary for hallowen this year yes finally 😊 ❤ 😆 mary is awesome
THEISAACG (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
As stupid as this sounds, keep summoning spirits. Not bloody mary. Mary Worth, look up her chant. I've done bloody mary twice and seen a unhumanly orange skin baby grasping my side. The other I heard a deep low raging whisper as I ran out I saw a lady with a orange hood/robe on staring at the ground. But with Mary Worth you see shadows walk across the bathroom, pale white faces in the mirror, even not doing the chant I walk in my bathroom before I turn on the light there's always a shadow in the corner
mukherjee38 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
I tried the same thing when I was alone at home... At about 9.30pm...in the bathroom... Chanted 'bloody mary' three times... But nothing happened...? Its been about 3 years since then... Nothing weird has ever happened to me... GUESS I'M IMMUNE! LoL xD 😁
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
well,a very bad experience. I am speechleess after I read your story. I can't help you with this but I could only console you. Be brave and face your day as it comes. I agree with zzsgranny. Talk to someone. The best is your mother who really understands you better. Try to take it off your chest... ALL THE BEST! 😊
Fang14 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I'm pretty sure they ran but maybe it was cause I did, I mean, if your friend runs wouldn't you want to see what's wrong
Fang14 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I'm pretty sure they ran but maybe it was cause I did, I mean, if your friend runs wouldn't you want to see what's wrong
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Fang14, did your friend ran too when you saw her?
If they did, they must have seen her too.
I am with Javelina about why your friends do not speak to you. I aslo was in situations where I did not know what to say to someone who's parents died.
You are so sorry for what happened, but you just don't know what to say to the family because NOTHING is going to make them feel better, so you just don't say anything. And then, before you know, it is years later, and you feel bad that you haven't contacted that person. If it will make you feel better, ask them if they saw something that night.
Fang14 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Creepydog, sshe looked younger, like in her early 20s, she had on a white dress that had dried blood on it. Her dress was also a tiny bit muddy. Her hair was greesey and looked like it was stuck together. I ran befor I seen much else
redmg2008 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
When I was about 5 I also summoned Bloody Mary. The things that you experienced and you still have been experiencing are happening to me also. My father didn't die but my friends stopped talking to me and I constantly feel like someone is watching me. All the time. And I did that 10 years ago and I still have trouble falling asleep and hate being alone in my own house.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Just ignore that comment someone wrote that's right underneath mine. That person sounds cheap and uneducated to me. Better just to hold your nose and pretend it's not there!

Jav 😆 😉
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Welcome to YGS Stephen,
I am not going to repeat what the others have already advised you to do. I know how hard it is to be your age. I may be a lot older now, but I still remember what a pain in the butt it was sometimes.
First of all, your old friends from before probably didn't know what to say or how to act around you after your father died. They were too young, same as you, to know what to say without making you feel sad. And nobody would want to be the one who made you think about your dad. It just went on far too long, and after that much time went by it was too hard to just walk up to you after not saying anything to you for so long. It's not easy to clear a guilty conscience over things you didn't know how to deal with in the first place. Then you add to that guilt because you know your friend is hurting, but you don't have a clue of how you can help him. They all knew you were hurting, they were afraid of making you hurt more. We both know that if no one stops it, it will continue to go on this way. I'm not suggesting any cures here, I am just imagining what may have happened and hoping it will make sense.
Stephen, one thing that always helps me is writing it down. Just started writing until I felt I got it out of my system. I write letters that I never mail.
I don't know about the "Bloody Mary" thing/game/whatever, we didn't have it when I was a kid, but I do know that there is no way you could have done anything to cause your fathers death, not even by accident.
The hardest question in the world to answer is "Why?" So don't feel alone in that, we all wish we knew.

Javelina ❤ 😊 ❤
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
She attacked you like how? The way you tell the story sounds rather cheap, save for the part about your father which is awful and I'm sorry to hear. All in all I don't think that you really had a Bloody Mary experience but you probably should get some counseling or at least talk to someone.
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I suspect you were so frightened or excited or whatever that your mind was playing tricks on you. The fact that your dad died is certainly interesting. Can you describe the woman to me a bit more?
Sir-Boy (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I'm very sorry to hear your father shot himself. I can assure you that the fits of depression can largely be accounted for by the loss of your father. Whether you got along or not, there is a great sense of unfinished business and perhaps guilt. It can be easy to look for things like "bloody mary" but let's think of the obvious.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I am so so sorry for your loss and rest assured it most definately wasn't your fault for what happened to your dad. I agree with all of the below comments, you have been carrying around the burden of guilt for way too long. This may be why you are feeling the way you do and you really deserve to be happy. Xo
lynrinth (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
My heart just about broke when I was reading your story. I am so, so sorry for your loss. And yet, after 8 years, you are still suffering from the grief of it all. Is your father's passing revenge for Bloody Mary? No. The real reason why people are taken from us is something we may never know, but is horrible all the same. The only thing we can maybe do is, mourn their loss, remember them with loving memories, and draw our loved ones closer to us to help ease the pain of it all. Sometimes, though the grief is too much to bear. That is the time perphaps grief counseling can help. Please listen to Zzzgranny. It sounds like you have been bearing this burden much too long. You need to talk to someone. You have latched onto this for too long. It is time to let the grief, and guilt, go. You had nothing to do with your father's passing. Perhaps, with time and help you can realize this. Did you actually see a young woman in her 20's in the mirror that day? Maybe. But with young, impressionable, and frighten minds, you could've just about imagine anything, too. Life is so precious, and each experience is very unique. I hope when you have the courage to talk to someone, you will find that out, and realize there is too much of the world out there let go without you being in it. By letting go, you can really enjoy life, and remember your father with love.
Subtle_Poetics (7 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
More than likely this was 100% of an illusion caused by your depressive state. My sympathies for your loss, but demons are a burden that you do not have to deal with.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
I second zzgranny, you can't blame yourself for what happened to your dad. It was terrible but it wasn't any fault of your own.
The burden you feel maybe is down to you feeling the way you do about your dad.
And if you talk to someone close or anybody that granny suggested I'm sure you will feel a lot better and maybe that "heavyness" will lift.

Good luck and stay safe x
xXelliemayXx ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-01-21)
fang14: The vision you saw in the mirror was probably an optical illusion created by the flashing the light on and off... Please talk to your Mom, and explain the things you're feeling... I feel you're looking for a reason for your dad's actions, and you're feeling guilty about, somehow, having been the cause...

It isn't/wasn't your fault, or Bloody Mary's...I think you need to seek counseling, and soon... If you feel you can't talk to your Mom, then by all means, talk to someone, ANYone... A school guidance counselor, teacher, aunt, uncle, cousin; doesn't matter, just get it off your chest... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: