You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He's Always There

Real Ghost Stories

He's Always There

 

My grandfather was my best friend when I was younger. I love baseball, and he always took me to games every other weekend during the summer. He always picked me up from school everyday and on Fridays he would take me to the store to get some candy before heading home. He would always call it my "TGIF treat". My dad was in prison at the time and my mom worked, so my grandfather and my grandmother pretty much raised me. My grandfather was my partner in crime, that's what my grandmother always called him. I called him Papa, and I loved him very much.

Well, in 2004 on April 22, just 17 days after my 11th birthday, he passed away from Lou Gehrig's Disease after fighting it for about 9 months. It tore me up. I cried for two weeks before I could finally accept that he was gone. I remember him telling me a few weeks before he died that even though he wouldn't be on this Earth forever, he would still always be with me and watching out for me.

About 3 months later I was lying on the couch, and I had had a terrible stomach flu for two days and I just felt horrible. I remember being alone at the time, and I heard someone whisper "Get better, Hannah". I knew I had a fever and I didn't know if I was just imagining things or what. So I just brushed it off. Well, a few minutes later the picture of me and my grandfather that was sitting on the livingroom table just a few feet away from me toppled over and fell on the carpet. I didn't really think anything of it so I just got up and put it back on the table. I started to feel dizzy and queasy so I ran to bathroom. When I came back, the same picture was lying on the floor again. So I just went over to pick it up again, and when I picked it up I started to get a warm, sweet feeling and I heard someone whisper in my ear "Papa loves you".

At that moment, I knew I wasn't imagining things anymore. My grandfather told me he would always be with me so I knew it was him that was there with me, and he must have known I was sick. I just said out loud "I love you too, Papa". I know he heard me because a comforting feeling came over me, and a couple of hours later I felt much better. I wasn't sick anymore.

Other hauntings by RoseThorn7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoseThorn7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-10)
That's really very touchy... 😐...Hope your 'Papa' is resting in peace...
RoseThorn7 (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-27)
Thank you for your comments everybody. He really was my best friend, and I know he will always be with me. I didn't mean to make anyone cry. I just wanted to share this story because it was the strongest presence I have ever felt.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
what a sweet touching post, thanks for sharing.
These are the posts I love this site for.
To know loved ones are with you even after they have passed in your time of need, 😭
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Okay, I have to stop reading these stories at work. This one made me cry. 😨

I sorry for your loss. I was close with my grandmother and it was really hard for me to see her pass away but I knew she wasn't in pain anymore (had a stroke and in bed for 4 years).
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Lovely story Hannah, I'm so glad your grandpa came through for you and I reckon he knew you would interpret the falling picture as being a validation of his presence... Grandparents are special people and a bond with one like yours is even more special, thank you for sharing it... Such a sad but sweet story.
zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
Aww! This is so sweet! Grandparents are the best, aren't they?

It's so sweet that he told you he would always be with you, and even as a spirit, he was:)

Thank you for the story! Very interesting and sweet:)

Zapamay ❤ ❤ ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
RoseThorn7,
Oh my... I am just a big ole puddle of tears over here.
I don't know what else to say. This was the sweetest thing!
Thank you for sharing Hannah. 😭

Jav ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: