You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Man In The Other Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Other Room

 

When I was little I would lie in bed and wake up with faces jumping out of walls I could only describe these as faces like the group band 'KISS'. I would also have frequent dreams which would repeat itself every so often, but as I remember it felt like I was awake... A little man that looked like an elf with green eyes would open up my door and I would be to scared to follow him but eventually I did, when I got to the end of the stairs he was already at the top as he had gracefully flown up. When I went to meet him at the top I was flying too, we open my parents room to see that they were asleep, we left my house and went outside he would look into my eyes and granted me to fly this went on until he would look me in the eyes again and took the ability to fly away from me then I would wake up... I remember having this dream quite often.

When I got older all of this stopped but I was still a great believer in spirits and physics, nothing really happen for ages apart from the odd feelings of being watched and like someone was behind me etc... This was up until a few months ago when my friend decided he wanted to take me to his crib. It was in the middle of nowhere and I'm not even sure the name of the place in which it was, but as soon as we got to the house I automatically had a very creepy feeling when we went into the house. I knew it was old because it was rather run down and they didn't even have a toilet inside, also there was very old pictures hung up which they had found in the wall.

When it got darker I refused to go anywhere without my friend because, I'm not going to lie, I was freaking out! After tea it got dark so we watched some movies in the living room. We were on a pull out bed, just across from us was a room that I could see. I got a creepy feeling every time I looked at it, so of course my friend closed the living room door.

When we decided we would go to sleep I found it extremely hard to sleep and would wake up frequently thinking a man (I say this because this way the feeling I got) was sitting with a dead straight back hands on his leg just staring at us, at one point I just couldn't sleep so I lay there then all of a sudden it felt like something went inside my chest (the only word that could describe it was a whoosh). I tried to move but I physically couldn't, so I tried to yell but nothing happened. By this time I was freaking out, the only thing I could do was breathe in and out as loudly as I could...

My friend woke up and shoved me saying "wake up, wake up". Then with another whoosh the pressure in my chest was gone but the feeling was still there, a few seconds later after the shock left me I replied "I was awake".

He was rather confused, and I had to sleep with the light on. He thought I was highly crazy. Maybe the dreams were just a child dreaming up crazy things, but I truly think that there isn't a "reasonable" explanation for that night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Puss49, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

daisy12 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-04)
Very scary story. Do you ever went in that haunted house again?
Puss49 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-25)
Thank you:) I'm not to worried about the dreams they were just odd and they were so real feeling and I remember them well. I also remember people standing around my bed, the only one who comes to mind is a middle aged lady who came across as a strict teacher. But the house was so much more freaky, yeah I am still friends with him. Its his childhood crib and we went back there passing through to see his family for half an hour I wasn't keen on staying there to long.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
intersting...i really can't figure it out.Recently,i too had bad dreams about a man in black shadows. He always stands at my house back door and beg for food but I ignored him (in my dreams). That was the first time. The second time I dreamt the black figure was in my living room... Then I got to knew that recently there was a man who has passed away near my housing area. I think it was his spirit which disturb me in my dreams all this while.Well,i can't think of it. Dreams are dreams, when you wake up everything would be fine. Stop worrying yourself to much... Hope YOU will be fine. Till then,myserPOO.DO UPDATE YOUR STORIES MORE!...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I'm wondering if the childhood experiences couldn't be out of body experiences? It sort of sounds like it but not exactly like the most commonly described, not that that would rule it out.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-24)
I don't think so too! This house sounds creepy!
😨 I get a chill down my spine just reading this. Are you still friends with this guy?
I also had very strange dreams when I was a child.
Some of them was the same over and over again.
I would walk around a very big black hole and the longer I walk, the closer I come to the edge of this hole. And then I would fall in and fall and fall into the dark and then I would fall into my bed with a bang and wake up. And then there was a dream of a witch that climed through my bedroom window and started to strangle me, it felt so real that until today I wonder if it was 'only a dream'...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: